ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football falls to No. 12 Penn State out in Beaver Stadium

Greg has shown he can’t beat ranked teams ( 39 straight losses for RU) or even winning teams the last 4 years.
A marginal improvement this year… that’s it.

Reactions: RUforlife
And the FRESHMAN QB with new OC fumbles and walks into the endzone.

Its a process.
ITS THE #12 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY WITH A TEAM THAT IS STACKED THROUGH OUT THEIR DEPTH CHART WITH 4 AND 5 STAR PLAYERS. DOES WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS MAKE THE POINT MORE CLEAR SOMEHOW?
5000 plus days without a win over a ranked team. Meanwhile other teams much lower than us do take advantage of winning against 4 and 5 star teams when those teams are in disarray. Not often, but it can happen. Except 5000 plus games shows that is not us. But, yes, it’s a process and hopefully we can flip the narrative in the next 2 years.
We scored 6 points. How anyone could put this on the defense is crazy.
You don't think that defense gets demoralized watching the offense do nothing series after series?
I get that. Our Offense has regressed. Pretty fast. Penn St and Iowa had very good Defenses so we knew our D had to step up. THey could do it for a while but at this point it’s over. They are gassed and JH doesn’t have schemes to cover our lack of depth. I am not sure we will hang with Maryland and it may be just get to the bowl practices and get the younger players ready to play next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
People are just out of their minds. Lets hire Chris Ash again and go back to 4-5 yrs ago. Team is getting better. Offense is behind. We are 10x better then a few years ago. We were in competitive games vs 3 top 10 teams.

Do we need to get better, yes! Are we improving, yes. D is almost there. Time to focus on Offense. Greg’s Ds are always ahead of his O.

RU played hard. It wasn't a bad game, Gavin improved a lot for this game. I hope they are not too beat up to compete with Maryland, it was a very physical game.

Reactions: TGonzRU
There will always be arguable calls, but the refs were well within tolerance thresholds for me today.
WTF game were you watching??
2 yards Called on State Penn?
No holding calls ?
2 blatant after the whistle thug hits by PSU and no Personal Foul calls ..not even an look at the PSU player
WTF

Reactions: G- RUnit
Greg has shown he can’t beat ranked teams ( 39 straight losses for RU) or even winning teams the last 4 years.
A marginal improvement this year… that’s it.

Just curious, which are the non tOSU/Michigan teams in the B1G that regularly beat ranked opponents?

Reactions: RUfromNJ
I think he was giving him a pass for that. The fumbled exchange, and the INT. Not sure if the exchange was on wimsatt or monongai
exchange on wimsatt because he never should have kept it.. D 33 was right there looking right at him even after the fumble.. Wimsatt didn't bother reading the D

People are just out of their minds. Lets hire Chris Ash again and go back to 4-5 yrs ago. Team is getting better. Offense is behind. We are 10x better then a few years ago. We were in competitive games vs 3 top 10 teams.

Do we need to get better, yes! Are we improving, yes. D is almost there. Time to focus on Offense. Greg’s Ds are always ahead of his O.
How about we get better ? Are you satisfied with 4 straight seasons under Schiano of not beating a single Winning team. Unreal Can our Fans set the bar any lower???

Agree

Listen - I am not particularly excited but if you can’t see the progress from year past you are just a complete moron

- we beat the teams we should be beat

- beat a few decent teams

- and were competitive well into the second half (rather than out of the game in the first quarter) against the elite teams

You couldn’t say ANY of that even last year.

Yes the offense is frustrating and keep us from getting to the next level but , again, if you can’t see the progress than you’re just friggin blind

Reactions: zebnatto
Meantime, Maryland gives Michigan a good game. They can score. We can’t. Gonna be tough to beat ANYONE when you can’t get in the end zone and settle for field goals. Totally not expecting much of a change next week.

But its cool! We got the bowl game and extra practices, so overall, a step forward.

Next season, open that QB position up and may the best QB take us to another bowl and 7 wins.

DAMM, might as well taken 3 knees at end of game if you're not going all out to score.
That was no way to end a game when you're behind in my opinion.
Might not have had a chance to win, but could at least try to score instead of giving up and running out the clock.
Don't usually bash Schiano, but he let the fans down by not trying to score .
He played like RU had the ;lead and needed to use up all the time he could .
Boo Hiss to that 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: TheKnightclub
Just curious, which are the non tOSU/Michigan teams in the B1G that regularly beat ranked opponents?
How about we give Iowa or Wisconsin competitive games ???
Hell Indiana and Northwestern have beaten Wisconsin easily this season.

I have been as critical of GW as anyone but today wasn't on him at all. He played well enough to elevate the team. The offensive gameplan didn't help him. By the time they free him, the defense is scheming to stop the pass. He was having success early. The coaches didn't adapt to exploit that. Not much room for error against the better team. This was one of GWs best performances this season imo

WTF game were you watching??
2 yards Called on State Penn?
No holding calls ?
2 blatant after the whistle thug hits by PSU and no Personal Foul calls ..not even an look at the PSU player
WTF
the hold calls vs RU.. 1st questionable.. 2nd not.. both passable calls.. but PSU had many similar hold.. in clear view at point of attack... No calls

I think forcing that 4th and 1 on Dremels catch.. even after replay.. def thumb on the scale call

Meantime, Maryland gives Michigan a good game. They can score. We can’t. Gonna be tough to beat ANYONE when you can’t get in the end zone and settle for field goals. Totally not expecting much of a change next week.

But its cool! We got the bowl game and extra practices, so overall, a step forward.

Next season, open that QB position up and may the best QB take us to another bowl and 7 wins.
Unfortunately Schiano will not open the QB competition next season.
If you want to wager right now let me know. Offense will be bad unfortunately until 2025.

Reactions: dmurph24
How about we get better ? Are you satisfied with 4 straight seasons under Schiano of not beating a single Winning team. Unreal Can our Fans set the bar any lower???

Agree

Listen - I am not particularly excited but if you can’t see the progress from year past you are just a complete moron

- we beat the teams we should be beat

- beat a few decent teams

- and were competitive well into the second half (rather than out of the game in the first quarter) against the elite teams

You couldn’t say ANY of that even last year.

Yes the offense is frustrating and keep us from getting to the next level but , again, if you can’t see the progress than you’re just friggin blind
Not sure if it’ll hold up, but Northwestern has a winning record right now and VT might tonight as well.

We just couldn’t run the ball. Gavin 10-16 130 yards. Penn State QBs combined were 7-14 less than 100 yards. Think they only threw 1
Pass in 2nd half. The run game was the deciding factor.

This has all the makings for Maryland taking us to the woodshed again for the final game. Happens every year.
Hope I am wrong.

Game was as I expected. Penalties and TO's doomed us to another loss. Hope we're healthy and can eek one out vs Terps.

Embarrassing playing not to loose. Thank you Defense for your effort and giving us 3 of our 6 points. No offense or attempt to have anything that resembles one. Hobbs go beg Elko to come home.

We aren’t a threat to anybody in this league and we are adding UCLA, USC, Washington and Oregon. This league is just going to get tougher and we are going to stay the same. Perennial Bottom feeder with nothing to show.
R.U. is in the WRONG conference. At least in the ACC they would stand a chance of winning a few more games and getting to a better bowl. Gee, that might even help improve recruiting and get more people in the stands.

How about we give Iowa or Wisconsin competitive games ???
Hell Indiana and Northwestern have beaten Wisconsin easily this season.
Wisconsin’s play changed when they lost Tanner Mordecai. IU and NW played them after his injury.

Next is the dreaded 2nd Half which is very predictable but for once I’d like to be wrong on what will happen the rest of the way in this game .
There you go , unfortunately very predictable as is the change of seasons and GS Offense , we need a little luck in the next few years my friends.

And the FRESHMAN QB with new OC fumbles and walks into the endzone.

Its a process.

5000 plus games without a win over a ranked team. Meanwhile other teams much lower than us do take advantage of winning against 4 and 5 star teams when those teams are in disarray. Not often, but it can happen. Except 5000 plus games shows that is not us. But, yes, it’s a process and hopefully we can flip the narrative in the next 2 years.

I get that. Our Offense has regressed. Pretty fast. Penn St and Iowa had very good Defenses so we knew our D had to step up. THey could do it for a while but at this point it’s over. They are gassed and JH doesn’t have schemes to cover our lack of depth. I am not sure we will hang with Maryland and it may be just get to the bowl practices and get the younger players ready to play next year.
5,000 plus DAYS. By far the worst.

This has all the makings for Maryland taking us to the woodshed again for the final game. Happens every year.
Hope I am wrong.
Make their guys the players laying on the turf after the whistle and even up the depth chart a bit. There, I said it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT