ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football falls to No. 12 Penn State out in Beaver Stadium

WTF game were you watching??
2 yards Called on State Penn?
No holding calls ?
2 blatant after the whistle thug hits by PSU and no Personal Foul calls ..not even an look at the PSU player
WTF
Exactly!! PSU didn’t hold all game. 1st and goal twice for Ru?

Ummmm.......that they were successful to some degree on offense against them because they probably ran more than the same 4 plays?

And yet they are 3-8 so…..

You might to find a better example to address whatever point you’re trying to make cause all I hear is “some team that sucks and that Rutgers crushed had more offense against them” which only leads me to think “yeah, so?”

I have been as critical of GW as anyone but today wasn't on him at all. He played well enough to elevate the team. The offensive gameplan didn't help him. By the time they free him, the defense is scheming to stop the pass. He was having success early. The coaches didn't adapt to exploit that. Not much room for error against the better team. This was one of GWs best performances this season imo
So I agree his best game by far but it adds up to 3 points on 10-16 for 130 yds an int and 2 lost fumbles. As a fan base we are happy and praising his best game and those are the numbers. Terrible

Yes I know we scored 6 but TY defense for the turnover which haves us 3 of the 6

So I agree his best game by far but it adds up to 3 points on 10-16 for 130 yds an int and 2 lost fumbles. As a fan base we are happy and praising his best game and those are the numbers. Terrible

Yes I know we scored 6 but TY defense for the turnover which haves us 3 of the 6
I'm not saying fans should be happy. Only that RU might have scored more if RU used what worked when it worked. Perhaps it leads to turnovers and the gane gets away but I think GW was playing well and had a chance to do something. The coaching schene limited him a bit.

Reactions: RUDivision
How about we give Iowa or Wisconsin competitive games ???
Hell Indiana and Northwestern have beaten Wisconsin easily this season.
Wisconsin wasn't competitive? Their QB was out after we played.

I asked specifically- who are the other ranked team beaters?

We scored 6 points. How anyone could put this on the defense is crazy.
You don't think that defense gets demoralized watching the offense do nothing series after series?
Not sure why you quoted me. I didn’t say anything about putting anything on anybody, let alone the defense.

These days, it would be very atypical of me to point fingers at anybody after a game. We win or lose as a team. I hope the players feel the same way. Learn from the mistakes, then on to the next game.

Didn’t think about it but man 10 years already…unfortunately not nice numbers but tomorrow is another day lol.

Reactions: rurichdog

You might to find a better example to address whatever point you’re trying to make cause all I hear is “some team that sucks and that Rutgers crushed had more offense against them” which only leads me to think “yeah, so

You might to find a better example to address whatever point you’re trying to make cause all I hear is “some team that sucks and that Rutgers crushed had more offense against them” which only leads me to think “yeah, so?”

It was a response to us losing to a 12 th ranked team..blah..blah..blah. if a team like Indiana..WHO WE CRUSHED ..can manage to move the ball with success, then why can't we move the ball against the same team. Oh..I know why...because we don't have the ability to run more than the same 4 plays. We either have a really shallow playbook (get rid of OC if this is the case) OR the players can't grasp an expanded playbook. This typically means the QB. Is there a more vanilla offense in all of college football?

Reactions: RUDivision
Not sure why you quoted me. I didn’t say anything about putting anything on anybody, let alone the defense.

These days, it would be very atypical of me to point fingers at anybody after a game. We win or lose as a team. I hope the players feel the same way. Learn from the mistakes, then on to the next game.
My bad. Your post was part of the post I quoted. Yours apparently got added too. Not directed at you.

the hold calls vs RU.. 1st questionable.. 2nd not.. both passable calls.. but PSU had many similar hold.. in clear view at point of attack... No calls

I think forcing that 4th and 1 on Dremels catch.. even after replay.. def thumb on the scale call
Dremel spot was off by at least 2yards.
The 2 holding calls stopped us from scoring a possible 14 points- there are not on Gavin

My bad. Your post was part of the post I quoted. Yours apparently got added too. Not directed at you.
No worries. I wish our O was playing better, too, and I think it will be somewhat better next season.

Need some more depth along the O line. Need GW to continue to become more consistent. Need the WR room to improve. But it's all moving in the right direction, slowly but surely, IMO.

We have set the bar so incredibly low with some our fans it’s laughable.

Dremel spot was off by at least 2yards.
The 2 holding calls stopped us from scoring a possible 14 points- there are not on Gavin
The 2nd hold HAD to be called. The first one.. I think that was a choice.. did not affect teh play was in the interior line.. behind the play... the defender created the hold not by getting around the blocker but by crossing the blockers body running into his arm by his own choice. Could that be called.. sure.. but it was not called the other way and is rarely called.. and, yes, I think it was because Wimsatt might have scored..

It is usually on the edges where you see an obvious hold result in an advantage and then it gets flagged. But that describes many PSU plays.. no calls.

And for the usual suspects.. no, that is not why we lost.. but is just the latest example of out opponents being advantaged through calls/no-calls

When do you start whining about the officials hosing Rutgers vs Maryland? Wednesday? Thursday?
Ya know, warming up for Saturday's game.
I'll wait to see what happens.. unlike your unintelligent blanket support for officials no matter what. I praised the officials in the NW game, for example.

Someone convinced you and a whole lot of others like you to NEVER complain about officiating. You have been brainwashed.

I'll wait to see what happens.. unlike your unintelligent blanket support for officials no matter what. I praised the officials in the NW game, for example.

Someone convinced you and a whole lot of others like you to NEVER complain about officiating. You have been brainwashed.
Untrue, I know your type, always the victim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT