ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Maryland at Yankee Stadium, per source

EDIT see my post below that changes everything seeing that its Jules that did this but I will keep this original up for posters enjoyment

Will not go..I miss Julie

Hobbs has major goofed this time..he totally does not have a grasp on the fanbase here, he may know it at Seton Hall but not here. Oh and we are also moving a mens home basketball league game to MSG as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: miketd1
Furthermore Maryland is the least attractive league game. There is no buzz about playing Maryland anywhere let alone a baseball stadium well over an hour away from campus. It will not fill and it will look like an embarrassment. What a joke. Students...lmfao, are they going to pay them to go to this

Hobbs has major goofed this time..he totally does not have a grasp on the fanbase here, he may know it at Seton Hall but not here. Oh and we are also moving a mens home basketball league game to MSG as well.
Irony. Thanks Jules!

Reactions: Block R

Your girl Julie set it up so care to rephrase?

egg-to-face-o.gif

EDIT see my post below that changes everything seeing that its Jules that did this but I will keep this original up for posters enjoyment

I think Mr Hobbs knows his fan base quite well. We have spoken loud and clear all 1300 of us.

Reactions: Abro1975
If Duggan digs deep enough he'll probably find that Julie got the ok from her BFF Bac before deciding to move the game to YS.:sunglasses:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Block R
This isn't the last we've heard of games at Yankee Stadium and MetLife. Don't you guys remember Delany and Pernetti talking about the opportunity to play Big Ten games in the premier NYC venues? This is why we're here, and I doubt Jimmy & the rest of the B1G will let us collect a full share before they take a few juicy bites of the NY apple first at our expense.

Reactions: suggakane
At the risk of belaboring the obvious: We were not invited to the B1G to strengthen their athletic programs. We were invited to strengthen their financial statements. That's the deal. If part of that deal means an enhanced NYC presence, so be it.

Don't be surprised if a future PSU, Mich, or Ohio St game is played at Met Life Stadium where we get a big pay day (ie. like $3 mil). This can be helpful until we are receiving a full share of B10 revenues.

If this is what the AD thinks we have to do to raise money for basketball practice center,Rac renovation and move football locker rooms..then Im all for it....Pretty funny people will travel to Michigan,Ohio state but not 18 miles to NYC,something probably half of them do allready each week.
I get it,its not a first choice,not great sight lines..not great tailgating,but would the same people complain if B10 came up with a a college kickoff game and Ru was tabbed as one of the teams?
http://www.chick-fil-akickoffgame.com/

Reactions: ruready07
Will the winner or the loser of this game end up in the Pinstripe bowl?

While this certainly has next to zero appeal to the Rutgers fan base - and life could go on just fine without it - Those responsible for marketing Rutgers Football & Rutgers in general, and those focused on marketing for the B1G have to be excited about the attention getting potential of this game - if done right (key is 'done right')

Yes, many look at this as if they have just had a bag of lemons dropped on their doorstep - but if it is (actually was already) a done deal -then what's the best lemonade recipe?

-there are many promotional angles - here is just one -
The game that has become widely known as "The Greatest Game Ever Played" -
- The 1958 National Football League Championship Game - was played on December 28 at Yankee Stadium in New York City
In a historic battle between Maryland's Baltimore Colts and the New York Giants, the final score was Baltimore Colts 23, New York Giants 17
And now, in the present day Yankee Stadium, the New York area's representative in the B1G -the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers University
- will seek to reverse the outcome of that legendary battle with a team from Maryland.

- segments of the Rutgers season ticket fan base will not find it appealing - but
If this game is given strong & thorough preparation, if the weather is decent, if it is showcased by the B1G, the networks, both universities and given huge PR - and if it is a good game with Rutgers prevailing in spectacular fashion - it becomes a huge plus
- also think about how it will be dazzling to visiting recruits - if it is really well done - and Rutgers wins with style
Recruits from around the country will be wowed at the idea of coming in to see a football game at YANKEE STADIUM - and if this is a hyped & network showcased game - recruits will be pondering the prospect of maybe they could some day be playing on national TV in YANKEE STADIUM....

The whole key - the difference between 'spectacular' and 'dud' will be the prep & promotion & execution & Rutgers winning in style.

I plan to watch the game from my usual tailgating spot at HPSS, and I will leave my unused tickets at the stadium gate.

I encourage all of you to join me. Hobbs and Ash need to see a sea of empty seats at Yankee stadium and know that this is not ok.

Giving up a home game is bad enough, but to a team that is being perceived as our "rival" begs the question ...WHY?

giphy.gif

Our athletic department could screw up a cup of coffee. If this is on Hermann, she again proves to be the embarrassment I thought she was. If this is on Hobbs, it is very discouraging and makes me worry about how his judgement could hurt us moving forward.

There is NOTHING redeeming about football in the Bronx. No tailgating, awful sightlines and zero atmosphere. I'll go to the game because I'm shameless about my love for this program, but will not be happy about it.

Please don't let this be true.

Reactions: Wolv RU
What ever happened
I plan to watch the game from my usual tailgating spot at HPSS, and I will leave my unused tickets at the stadium gate.

I encourage all of you to join me. Hobbs and Ash need to see a sea of empty seats at Yankee stadium and know that this is not ok.
The team thanks you in advance for your show of support. Another from the class of ME FIRST!

Reactions: RUwoz and chrisru99
I get it,its not a first choice,not great sight lines..not great tailgating,but would the same people complain if B10 came up with a a college kickoff game and Ru was tabbed as one of the teams?
http://www.chick-fil-akickoffgame.com/
I can only speak for myself but I have a bigger issue with losing a home game to a neutral stadium. If it's a kickoff or an "away" game then fine. Everyone can then decide on their own whether all the cons of that stadium (sight lines...) are worth it to them to attend or not.

I like the move and am happy to be in the minority, as I should be able to pick up a cheap ticket.:cool2:

Don't be surprised if a future PSU, Mich, or Ohio St game is played at Met Life Stadium where we get a big pay day (ie. like $3 mil). This can be helpful until we are receiving a full share of B10 revenues.
I am ok with this. One game a year at the Met - it means major money. We're Rutgers and would have given a kidney to get into the B1G. Don't forget that. We're "Rutgers" until we win and actually bring some prestige. Then we're RU and can say, "Nope, We're 9-0. Michigan is coming it Devil's Den of Piscataway."

Are games at Yankee Stadium that much of a money maker? I can't see it at 40,000 seating.

Maryland in November? Awful, just awful, there MIGHT be 20,000 people in the stands for this game

Reactions: satnom

That's a good plan. It makes complete sense to make a statement to Ash and Hobbs for something that Julie and Flood set-up. Completely rational. Oh and while we are at it let's punish the players and team for something that was completely out of their control.

Reactions: czxqa and RU Husky
OSU-Michigan-PSU-Michigan State-Nebraska will all start asking to play at the Meadowlands.

You made a deal with the devil, now you will lose something important that you once had in the BE, leverage. This is exactly why I wished the ACC would have extended an invite first.
lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT