ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Has Second Straight Ranked Road Matchup At Loyola Saturday

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
The way this season is starting, Army routs UMASS who then beats Ohio State, they might win by 7.
Funny thing is, it's not a stretch to say that from what i've seen the last few years. Talent is everywhere and just like in most sports, positional matchups are key.

Friday Men's lax, Cornell 10 - Towson 6 at the half. Michael Long, 2019 NJ Player of the Year (Delbarton) 3-0 at the half. Jeff Teat 1-1. Cornell looks like they are pulling away after a close 1st qtr.

Whatever this new offense is that these super assistant's have installed, it really sucks. 2-0 Loyola with 5 mins. left in 1st.

agreed. Watching the game and we are lucky to only be losing 2-0. Team lacks anyone who can win a one-on-one matchup.

Reactions: asgot
Looks like we're on the fast road to Blowout City once again 3-0

Our offense is horrific. I have no idea what happened. Our poor defense.

Luckily I’m working. Let’s see what happens the rest of this game but I have some comments and thoughts and will not be afraid to speak them openly as everyone knows ha ha ha ha

Reactions: Local Shill
agreed. Watching the game and we are lucky to only be losing 2-0. Team lacks anyone who can win a one-on-one matchup.

Russo playing well. But notice how when Loyola's Kamish scored he shot high.

Holy SH*T we actually scored we did it, can we go home now. 3-1

and we give it right back on the next faceoff loss 4-1

then we score on the next faceoff win 4-2

Jesus Christ do our wings suck balls on faceoffs. Very tentative and waiting for the ball to come to them.

Offense doesn’t look great but that is far from our biggest problem. Getting dominated at the faceoff X, ground balls and turnovers is not a recipe for success. Goalie is the only thing keeping this from another lopsided blowout.

Yep. Our fogo game is terrible. You simple can’t beat any good teams losing this many faceoffs. These offenses are too good to give them this many chances

Picking up where we left off last year giving up goals with seconds left in the half.

Reactions: biazza38
now 1 for 12. I'm done, from the choppy Patriot feed to same crap once again, maybe next week, maybe not this year. I'm starting to lean to not this year, this team isn't very good.

Reactions: Local Shill
Jesus Christ do our wings suck balls on faceoffs. Very tentative and waiting for the ball to come to them.

And their positioning is lousy. Both were right on the midfield line for the transition long pole goal when at least one should have lined up at the beginning closer to the Loyola restraining line.

Reactions: koleszar
Our middies can’t buy a GB. That is infuriating because it doesn’t take a lot of skill to get gb— just gotta want it more than the other guy.

Again, good thing for the goalie or the scoreboard would reflect how thoroughly we are getting outplayed in every facet of the game.

We simply don’t do anything well outside of fast break maybe. That does t offer much.

I think it all gets back to faceoffs. The team plays so tight. They know that offense has to be perfect. They don’t get the ball. Conversely the other team plays feee. Make a mistake? No worries, we are getting it back anyway. It’s target practice. Looks like a bunch of guys afraid to make plays on our side. So we don’t make any. We rarely run by anyone now. That has been a huge strength before. With these same kids.

You can’t run and gun when you can’t get the ball. We are forced to be a half field team and that isn’t the make up of this squad.

Reactions: CERU00 and rbled
Let’s see what this staff and team is made of. Got outplayed as badly as a team can get outplayed but only down 4. Have an opportunity to flush the first half and get back in this thing but going to have to make some serious adjustments in both strategy and attitude. We’ll see if they can make it happen and how they finish will be a clear indication of what we have in store for the rest of the season.

This team is fine, fix some of the fogo issues and they are right in this game,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT