ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Washington GAME THREAD

A good part of our offense is predicated on our qb running on any given play...this is no concern of Washington

Reactions: mdh2003
making Browning look like Joe Namath. kid should have at least 2 picks and that last bomb the db was clueless

Reactions: vm7118
And throwing bombs a minute away from half time in an already blowout win? I don't think so. This guy is a fuggin putZ and so are u if u agree with him

You're kidding me, right? It's the first half for ch*** sake. You put as many points up on the board you can. You do the same the first drive of the 3rd and THEN if it's out of hand, you start to sub...

There must be a lot of putz' around if thats your opinion. Probably, including Ash...

Let me get this straight, we didn't go for the early FG and instead went for it on fourth down because Ash wanted to prove something. But, on 3rd and 26, we run for it on a draw play (and pick up 10) ... instead of throwing and trying to get a first down. How does that figure?
I'm scratching my head too

Let me get this straight, we didn't go for the early FG and instead went for it on fourth down because Ash wanted to prove something. But, on 3rd and 26, we run for it on a draw play (and pick up 10) ... instead of throwing and trying to get a first down. How does that figure?

Field position?

You're kidding me, right? It's the first half for ch*** sake. You put as many points up on the board you can. You do the same the first drive of the 3rd and THEN if it's out of hand, you start to sub...

There must be a lot of putz' around if thats your opinion. Probably, including Ash...

It's not even a damn. Game. We're getting smoked. It's governor Livingston high school vs Ohio state out there. I get that you score as much as you want in first half but Godammitt
I'm pissed that we suck so bad.

This is the worst coaching debut I have ever seen, not surprised given we are playing a top 15 team on road on west coast and we are playing a whole new style. Still very disappointed however.

Well, Shea beat Nova in his opener and Greg beat Buffalo before losing to Miami 61-0 and VT 50-0.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
You are an idiot @BeantownKnight. 3rd and over 20 you try to pick up any yards you can. Not go for the 1st down
Agreed.. but field position means something in that assessment. yet, there are not 3rd and 20 plays in the playbook.

But we have seen Washington go to that post and flag route with their fast guy time and again.. why none of that with Grant? Could it be our QB has no faith in his long ball? Or the OC lacks faith?

Keep Hicks in the game. Laviano is under heavy pressure, however, he looks like the same quarterback as last year. I am always amazed as coaches go by the practice entirely and not by evident talent. This is not a Rettig comment. Washington is too talented and quick for our team. Upgrades to our talent will have to take place before we can compete with the better teams.

Agreed.. but field position means something in that assessment. yet, there are not 3rd and 20 plays in the playbook.

But we have seen Washington go to that post and flag route with their fast guy time and again.. why none of that with Grant? Could it be our QB has no faith in his long ball? Or the OC lacks faith?

I'm convinced Laviano has no real feel with any WR since Carroo left.

Laviano was confident enough in Carroo covering up his inaccuracies he kept slinging it down field to him no matter what.

Rutgers was able to move the ball a little bit at the end of the half. The goal now is to try to beat the 26.5 handicap. RU needs some fortunate special teams play and maybe a turnover.

Reactions: Knightmoves

Because we have no #1WR. We need a few years of Ash to get that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT