ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Washington GAME THREAD

mistakes aside, you can't seriously say the talent of our team matches the Huskies
how do you know? they are more mature team plahying in a system that they are comfortable with while we are neither of those. They haven't lit up the recruiting board in recent years by any stretch. We have a system and the wrong players or a gameplan that isn't working or a qb that needs to sit or Oline that needs adjustments but we definitely are not undertalented comparibly

Reactions: JQRU91
I have the radio on and Carlin never says how much yardage a play gets. From his tone I sometimes think it was a 20 yard gain when it was 2 yards, and sometimes it sounds like we got a 2 yard gain and it was 20 yards.

Okay.. searching for something nice to say.. I think the D shows some promise. yeah they have given up the long ball.. but that can get better.

Maybe the O shows some efficiency in the 2nd half and we can just look at this as a learning experience. Execution and efficiency on O will be the key to the rest of the season.

Gotta say, wasn't expecting to be down 31 at half.
You didn't read some here say they expected this, which was also buttressed by all of the posts on the prediction thread? ...oh wait...

CL was named starter due to "consistency" in practice. Well his game play from last year to this year has been consistent. Some guys are practice players and some are gamers. Martinek was not a practice player but was a gamer. Turn the scoreboard on and some guys step up. Some don't. CL is the latter. No chance of winning this game. Why not see if Allen or Resc. are gamers?

I'll chalk all this up to game 1 jitters. There have been plenty of mistakes and not all on the kids. The coaches need to step up as well.

Under the circumstances hope for the best, expect the worst. I'm not sure why anyone thought a team that was driven into the ground by what's-his-name, with new coaches, new schemes, new AD, a dearth of talent, was going to do anything but struggle against a team with a great coach, away, in their first game...

Let's just keep in mind that peterson built the team that had the best winning percentage for over a decade. Only matter of time before Washington was going to be the next Boise State, and he's dealing with much better talent there than Idaho.

Not an excuse, but the guy is one of the best coaches in the game, and even he struggled in his first year at Wash.

how do you know? they are more mature team plahying in a system that they are comfortable with while we are neither of those. They haven't lit up the recruiting board in recent years by any stretch. We have a system and the wrong players or a gameplan that isn't working or a qb that needs to sit or Oline that needs adjustments but we definitely are not undertalented comparibly
wow, don't ever play with real money

oh boy.. they tried that long pass i wanted to see.. not good

and again.. 3rd and 8.. zone read and QB hands it off into 2 guys.

You are an idiot @BeantownKnight. 3rd and over 20 you try to pick up any yards you can. Not go for the 1st down

Oh, I am sorry f-wad, I thought the point of the game was to score points. That's why I had asked why we didn't go for the FG when we had the chance. I know that when we're deep in our territory and we have too long to go, we would run. I am not a douche, unlike some young punk with a handful of posts under his belt.

By the way, if you would like to call me that to my face, invite me to your next tailgate. Once you leave your parents' basement, of course.

Idiot play calling. Call a draw on 3rd and 8 on the 35, down 30+ ???

You have two downs to get the first down there. COME ON.

Flood-esque play calling, playing not to get blown the fck out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT