ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Washington GAME THREAD

We have to play with the talent that we have, clearly not good enough to hang with a top 20 team.

There is no way in hell we were going to win this game, but I hope that we can score something before the game is over.

24-0

2q about to start... sigh...
I don't believe Washington is a Top 20 team. See me at seasons end.

Laviano has had time... notmuch.. but he has had time for 1-2 reads.. he is either gun shy and not wanting to throw the ball or Washington has the best coverage known to man.

Reactions: bitnez
Why would the opposing team try to sack laviano or hurt him? They have a better shot just keeping him in the game.

BTW.... what will Sargeants article be tomorrow?

Reactions: rutgerspaintrain
combination of things in the first but mostly, it's a function of us not executing, not being as prepared in the booth and having a shitty qb vs. UW being a world beater. We are making them look great

This team was horrible last year after 4 years of being dismantled by the previous coach. It is starting the season on the road against a real team. The game was probably never going to be close. The only legitimate criticism you can lob at the coaches so far is that they should be trying to find ways to slow the game down.

Honestly, right now I think we're hoping for long intervals between W scores and a few first downs of our own and maybe 14 ga
me points.

yeah, big stop and the conditioning bodes well for the rest of the game

hey it looks bleak, but IF we can get a score here(by the grace of God) I would feel MUCH better looking at 24-7. granted, we need 95 yards of offense that we have seen yet, but I'm saying there's a chance :)

Go back and watch the screen pass. He had plenty of time and missed the receiver by a mile. He's just not good in real game situations. We need someone that can either run and/or gun the ball quickly. He can't do either.

combination of things in the first but mostly, it's a function of us not executing, not being as prepared in the booth and having a shitty qb vs. UW being a world beater. We are making them look great

Yes.. unprepared. Unprepared for our hurry-up to be useless and ill-advised. We are playing right into their hands in many ways.

Look at the bright side:

How funny would it be if it's not the case that Washington is good? Instead, what if Rutgers is just really bad?

From what I'm seeing the front 7 on D is playing pretty well. However the secondary is getting torched. WR are beating our corners pretty bad.

Laviano is NOT a fit for this offense. We haven't tried to run him once and he looks totally out of sync with the WR

UDub looks well prepared for anything and everything our O is doing.

Ash is hopefully learning what every RU fan already knew...
Laviano may look the part in practice, but sucks in game.

And the question is will he pull a Flood and stick with him through everything simply because of practice or will he pull a Meyer and make a move sooner than later?

I think this game needs to see Zach Allen or Someone else

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT