ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano is interested

with our luck we'd get 5 less scholarships per year over 4 years with probation and a bowl ban the next time we have a 500 record if we did this
Didn’t Pernetti do something similar when Greg left? I remember him going through some certification by the NCAA so he could contact recruits and hold the class together until we named a coach.

Reactions: megadrone
Even if you were to hire him tomorrow, you don’t announce him as your HC. HC’s can only visit schools 1 time. You announce him as an analyst or something with HC duties starting Day season ends.

If Schiano isn’t officially on staff I don’t believe he can talk to recruits.

Someone would know better but I doubt “analyst or something” is allowed to even visit HS one time or off-campus recruit.

Didn’t Pernetti do something similar when Greg left? I remember him going through some certification by the NCAA so he could contact recruits and hold the class together until we named a coach.

No. TP actually had a great idea.

Pernetti officially put himself on staff as an assistant coach so that he could directly contact recruits.

No. TP actually had a great idea.

Pernetti officially put himself on staff as an assistant coach so that he could directly contact recruits.
Yes, that’s what it was. Couldn’t remember the details.

On the latest nj.com podcast, sarge confirms that Schiano wants the job so there’s that...

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...ly-interested-in-the-rutgers-job-podcast.html

Already a thread on this, lol. Seriously, though, it's always nice to see confirmation from a reporter on Greg's interest in the job, as even the best sources can be wrong. As I said in my thread, my source on this is close to impeccable, as there's only one degree of separation, as my good friend is very good friends with Greg and their families are quite close. Get it done Pat.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...tual-interest-according-to-my-sources.176141/

Also, anyone else having trouble opening up the podcast? Not sure if it's a firewall thing or if it's a pay site. I assume I'm supposed to click on the "continue" button and then follow instructions, but the site just hangs up when I try to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RRRRUUUU
Its Schiano. Ive ben telling you guys for a while now. And it will be confirmed sooner than you think.

Cool story Bro. Positioning yourself as some type of insider by making claims that Schiano is coming while also making claims that he wont come with Hobbs here. Covering all your bases for the gullible.

Schiano may in fact end up back here, but you dont know squat, just like the rest of us.

Schiano is not going to be willing to work with Hobbs.

Yup. But also Hobbs wont be willing to work with Schiano either

Its Schiano. Ive ben telling you guys for a while now. And it will be confirmed sooner than you think.

I’d like to watch him give that explanation during his next job interview.
He will be 65 or 66 by that time. Probably ready to retire.

I don’t think he gets away with that... a failure is a failure no matter who it is and regardless of who wanted what. That’s why it should be his call... if he goes down he goes down his way cause he won’t get reprieve. High school coaches and fans liked the Flood hire for saving the class. Did that earn anyone a reprieve no it got twenty twenty hind sighted for stupidity of focusing on just a single class.

Success is success failure is failure no matter the choice. Whatever he chooses Schiano or otherwise is at his feet... success or failure.
In 3 or 4 years, Hobbs will be 65 or 66. About time to retire.

Cool story Bro. Positioning yourself as some type of insider by making claims that Schiano is coming while also making claims that he wont come with Hobbs here. Covering all your bases for the gullible.

Schiano may in fact end up back here, but you dont know squat, just like the rest of us.
LOL things change. Keep that same energy when it gets announced. As we get closer Ill give you the date that it will happen. At first a lot of people thought Schiano and Hobbs wouldnt work together but there is a lot of pressure on Hobbs due to all the people clamoring for Schiano. Also, what would I gain from pretending to be an "insider"? Its not that serious.. Go have a drink or something it sounds like you need it

LOL things change. Keep that same energy when it gets announced. As we get closer Ill give you the date that it will happen. At first a lot of people thought Schiano and Hobbs wouldnt work together but there is a lot of pressure on Hobbs due to all the people clamoring for Schiano. Also, what would I gain from pretending to be an "insider"? Its not that serious.. Go have a drink or something it sounds like you need it
Hobbs is probably just doing his due diligence and at least giving the appearance of doing a full-fledged search as some cover, considering what happened with the hiring of Ash on a hasty schedule. Hobbs is not going to do something that will aggravate the big donors and potentially blow up in his face. At this point, with the loud drumbeat of big donors, former players and prominent fan groups, hiring Schiano is the easy thing for him to do.

Hobbs is probably just doing his due diligence and at least giving the appearance of doing a full-fledged search as some cover, considering what happened with the hiring of Ash on a hasty schedule. Hobbs is not going to do something that will aggravate the big donors and potentially blow up in his face. At this point, with the loud drumbeat of big donors, former players and prominent fan groups, hiring Schiano is the easy thing for him to do.
Exactly. And its the most realistic "Big name" hire.

Reactions: mconvente

Exactly, its not that serious, but you seem to be taking it that way based on the amount of posts you've made insinuating you're an insider on an anonymous forum and essentially trolling the board. Its not that serious so why not just sit back and enjoy the search instead of pretending you have any relevant information and/or make proclamations about your previous posting predictions? Seems that you're the one who needs a drink or "something".

Hobbs is being pressured into hiring a coach that will fail, and Hobbs will be probably be fired when he fails. Wonder if Hobbs will consider resigning

Exactly, its not that serious, but you seem to be taking it that way based on the amount of posts you've made insinuating you're an insider on an anonymous forum and essentially trolling the board. Its not that serious so why not just sit back and enjoy the search instead of pretending you have any relevant information and/or make proclamations about your previous posting predictions? Seems that you're the one who needs a drink or "something".
LOL I am far from an insider just heard something from somebody that is trusted. Like I said, as it gets closer Ill you know exactly when its going to happen so you cant tell me that it was a lucky guess. Trust your boy on this one.

Reactions: knightinaz
Hobbs is being pressured into hiring a coach that will fail, and Hobbs will be probably be fired when he fails. Wonder if Hobbs will consider resigning
He seems pretty adamant about going to the Rose Bowl... So if hes waiting until that happens, he may be here a while.

It‘s a good thing some of the geniuses on this board are not our compliance officers. I’m only posting the following so this BS can get nipped in the bud. From the NCAA website:

(Someone) who has been publicly designated by the institution to become its next head coach shall be subject to the recruiting restrictions applicable to the institution’s head coach.​

Obviously, violating the spirit of that regulation would be dealt with harshly.

I don't like bumping old threads, but you (and many others) had an interesting perspective on Greg in early December 2015. Here is a link:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/done-with-schiano-i-am.57047/#post-1103561

Things have changed.
I don't like bumping old threads, but you (and many others) had an interesting perspective on Greg in early December 2015. Here is a link:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/done-with-schiano-i-am.57047/#post-1103561

Things have changed.
Oh man.. I guess time heals all wounds... Or maybe its just the fact that we are so desperate now that I caved in lol

Reactions: RUonBrain
Oh man.. I guess time heals all wounds... Or maybe its just the fact that we are so desperate now that I caved in lol
Notice, I was not throwing that in your face, but that thread is pretty funny today. Most folks sounded glad Greg wasn't interested, and some went so as far to say he was washed up. Like I said, times change. Call him the Come Back Kid.

Question- how solid do you feel you information is? Like solid enough to bet $10,000 on it? And no, I am not challenging you to a bet. Just trying to get a sense of how solid you feel this info is.

Notice, I was not throwing that in your face, but that thread is pretty funny today. Most folks sounded glad Greg wasn't interested, and some went so as far to say he was washed up. Like I said, times change. Call him the Come Back Kid.

Question- how solid do you feel you information is? Like solid enough to bet $10,000 on it? And no, I am not challenging you to a bet. Just trying to get a sense of how solid you feel this info is.
Yeah it definitely is entertaining to look at some of the comments we made years ago, and how our opinions changed.

I am confident and would bet big. I would be very surprised if it turned out to be wrong.

It‘s a good thing some of the geniuses on this board are not our compliance officers. I’m only posting the following so this BS can get nipped in the bud. From the NCAA website:

(Someone) who has been publicly designated by the institution to become its next head coach shall be subject to the recruiting restrictions applicable to the institution’s head coach.​

Obviously, violating the spirit of that regulation would be dealt with harshly.

Not for Pedd State, Notre Dame, UM or UNC

Things have changed.
Wow back to the future moment .
Looking at the 2015 thread was like reading one now about hiring him [cheers]

on your Hobbs is probably just doing his due diligence and hiring Schiano would be the easy way because of donors.
I hope Hobbs is doing due diligence in the hunt and doesn't let the donors force him to hire Schiano if there's a better choice out there willing to take the job

I want Greg if he's the best available , but if Hobbs can pull in one of the more sought after possibilities, Greg needs to stay home.
Don't think there will be many better choices, but there should be a few.
The question is will any of them want the job ?

Wow back to the future moment .
Looking at the 2015 thread was like reading one now about hiring him [cheers]

on your Hobbs is probably just doing his due diligence and hiring Schiano would be the easy way because of donors.
I hope Hobbs is doing due diligence in the hunt and doesn't let the donors force him to hire Schiano if there's a better choice out there willing to take the job

I want Greg if he's the best available , but if Hobbs can pull in one of the more sought after possibilities, Greg needs to stay home.
Don't think there will be many better choices, but there should be a few.
The question is will any of them want the job ?
As usual, we are in agreement. The two coaches, that are not realistic hires because they would have to leave jobs that they are already in are PJ Fleck and Mike Leach.

Reactions: Spare130
As usual, we are in agreement. The two coaches, that are not realistic hires because they would have to leave jobs that they are already in are PJ Fleck and Mike Leach.
That would be insane for the first year or 2, watching Langan try to run that offense with Leach.

Reactions: Knight Shift

I have inside information.
Nick Saban not interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT