ADVERTISEMENT

SemiFinal Game Thread RU vs Iowa, 7:30pm, BTN TV

Killer stat for RU was 9 of 22 lay-ups. This was mostly from the first half. FG at 53% in second half.
The failure to make layups and 3 pointers on a more consistent basis has been the difference between winning and losing for both Rutgers basketball teams.

Watched the game off and on. The difficulty making layups kills me - but it doesn't seem like it's a uniquely Rutgers problem, as Iowa struggled with a few and Purdue really struggled to make them the game before.

There were a couple moments early on in the game (2nd quarter?) where I felt we were just outhustled. A deflected pass or block was left to go out of bounds... and we just let it bounce toward the sideline instead of boxing out or trying to go get it. Iowa hustled to the ball and kept it from going out of bounds, and we lost possession.

Great comeback push, though, in the 4th... just couldn't quite make it back all the way. Very similar to the men's late push falling short vs. PSU.

Still, it was a close loss on a neutral court to a Top 10 program - can't imagine it'll hurt our standing/seeding too much.

Watched the game off and on. The difficulty making layups kills me - but it doesn't seem like it's a uniquely Rutgers problem, as Iowa struggled with a few and Purdue really struggled to make them the game before.

There were a couple moments early on in the game (2nd quarter?) where I felt we were just outhustled. A deflected pass or block was left to go out of bounds... and we just let it bounce toward the sideline instead of boxing out or trying to go get it. Iowa hustled to the ball and kept it from going out of bounds, and we lost possession.

Great comeback push, though, in the 4th... just couldn't quite make it back all the way. Very similar to the men's late push falling short vs. PSU.

Still, it was a close loss on a neutral court to a Top 10 program - can't imagine it'll hurt our standing/seeding too much.
I think Noga needs more minutes.

cannot go down 20 and expect to win...thats the bottom line, comebacks fall by the wayside. Its the bad habits the team picks up during the season that we as fans see and you see it being played out in the first halves of games, team needs to bring focus from the beginning come NCAA tourney, its about winning not being knocked on your heels

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT