ADVERTISEMENT

Seton hall giving stony brook all they can handle

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
You did the same thing last thread you..

Shouldn’t it be “STONY BROOK giving SETON HALL all they can handle” ?

isnt the OP the same guy that thought rutgers shot poorly in their opener because they didnt practice enough at the RAC??

clearly, nothing but unbiased opinions...wooooooof

Hall wins by 17 without Powell.
Went punch for punch for 30 minutes and pulled away at the end. SHU is really nothing without myles. They had to go balls out to win that one

Went punch for punch for 30 minutes and pulled away at the end. SHU is really nothing without myles. They had to go balls out to win that one

Yes take away our Pre Season AA and we don’t look good. But we did go balls to the walls and won. Funny that you view that as a negative. In the college game that is the norm.

Yes take away our Pre Season AA and we don’t look good. But we did go balls to the walls and won. Funny that you view that as a negative. In the college game that is the norm.
Point is, as ive said. Youre basically an american east team without powell

No, point is you should man up and say you blew this one badly. It happens.
Things seem to go over your head. I do this every time seton hall goes down in a game vs a low/mid major. Take a hike.

but again, on a serious note, shu is a mid major without powell

You guys are basically an NEC team with ALL of your players, that was apparent the other night....

so I dont subscribe to this. I think early games tell you only that the dynamics of a given team are in flux. I see a good year for the scarlet knights.

I didn't see the game live start to finish since I was on PSU vs Minnesota and Bama LSU but there's a consistent theme that SHU has as a program in recent years.....they compete....and they compete at a high level.

I have no idea how long Powell is out and will find the tape of Stony Brook, but there's one gap that RU needs to first show and that's the ability to compete, game in and game out. The game 2 years ago at the RAC, RU outhustled and outworked SHU, despite being outmanned in talent or skill.

I think Powell missing time for a few games, may turn out to be a blessing in disguise because it forces other players to step up a notch and do things they're not used to doing, vs watching Myles Powell take the bulk of the big shots and waiting for him to bail out SHU.

It remains to be seen if SHU can remain competitive vs others over an extended amount of time minus Powell, but they compete. There comes a point in time where we have to measure competitiveness as part of the equation..RU has a lot of younger players that started to show that in the 2nd half of last year vs Iowa twice, and other games.

RU has to match that competitive edge if they're going to take the next step. Some of that is confidence and winning by 15+ without Powell, should give SHU confidence.

I didn't see the game live start to finish since I was on PSU vs Minnesota and Bama LSU but there's a consistent theme that SHU has as a program in recent years.....they compete....and they compete at a high level.

I have no idea how long Powell is out and will find the tape of Stony Brook, but there's one gap that RU needs to first show and that's the ability to compete, game in and game out. The game 2 years ago at the RAC, RU outhustled and outworked SHU, despite being outmanned in talent or skill.

I think Powell missing time for a few games, may turn out to be a blessing in disguise because it forces other players to step up a notch and do things they're not used to doing, vs watching Myles Powell take the bulk of the big shots and waiting for him to bail out SHU.

It remains to be seen if SHU can remain competitive vs others over an extended amount of time minus Powell, but they compete. There comes a point in time where we have to measure competitiveness as part of the equation..RU has a lot of younger players that started to show that in the 2nd half of last year vs Iowa twice, and other games.

RU has to match that competitive edge if they're going to take the next step. Some of that is confidence and winning by 15+ without Powell, should give SHU confidence.

Agreed-----sometimes it does help and forces guys to step up.

We'll see. If it's a bad sprain that's a few weeks. They'll be cautious with it I'm sure.

BTW-----BE is 18-0 and has won every game by 10 plus thus far. Not a measuring stick but it's a stat worth noting.

Things seem to go over your head. I do this every time seton hall goes down in a game vs a low/mid major. Take a hike.

but again, on a serious note, shu is a mid major without powell
But you just have to stop. They are a real good team with height, depth, defensive and shot blocking players and with Powell a legitimate top 15 team. Our rivalry is a great one and normally Seton Hall has been thuggish when they play us but they have seriously upgraded their talent under Willard. The game will be a war. . Rather you pick on some other team. Saying a team is bad or a low level team makes you look stupid when the facts don’t fall in your favor. We have a real good team that hasn’t achieved anything yet, but let it happen first before you talk trash.

Jesus dude when will you learn? I hate Essex County community college as much as the next guy but you really should just stop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT