ADVERTISEMENT

Seton hall giving wagner all they can handle

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

Wagner is kind of taking it to seton hall. Getting 50/50 balls, dominating them whenever powell is off the court. Ive been saying all off season this is not a top 25 team. They are NOTHING without powell.

Powell just got t’d up and theyre getting very frustrated with WAGNER. Mamu doing his fake tough guys act again

Reactions: Scangg
Wagner is kind of taking it to seton hall. Getting 50/50 balls, dominating them whenever powell is off the court. Ive been saying all off season this is not a top 25 team. They are NOTHING without powell.

Powell just got t’d up and theyre getting very frustrated with WAGNER. Mamu doing his fake tough guys act again
You’re always a day late and a dollar short.

You’re always a day late and a dollar short.
SHU does not look good tonight. Thats a 7th place wagner team and SHU losing 50/50 balls and getting beat on the boards, not handling the press well, turning it over. The difference of course has been powell, when hes off the court theyre not better than wagner. As ive said all off season there is no secondary scoring option

SHU does not look good tonight. Thats a 7th place wagner team and SHU losing 50/50 balls and getting beat on the boards, not handling the press well, turning it over. The difference of course has been powell, when hes off the court theyre not better than wagner. As ive said all off season there is no secondary scoring option

judge away on November 5th. And pass your judgment with half the game to play. Powell with 25. Hall with 83. Yep no other options.

Last edited:
Reactions: queso CFH
judge away on November 5th. And pass your judgment with half the game to play. Powell with 25. Hall with 83. Yep no other options.
I honestly didnt watch the final 10 minutes, guess they wore down the 7th place low major team and put their foot on the gas the final 10 minutes. If you cant admit you werent disappointed with their performance for the first 30 minutes then your glasses are pasted in blue

I honestly didnt watch the final 10 minutes, guess they wore down the 7th place low major team and put their foot on the gas the final 10 minutes. If you cant admit you werent disappointed with their performance for the first 30 minutes then your glasses are pasted in blue
They played uninspired without doubt. And in your view any team that does that on Nov 5th is no good. You didn’t watch the last 30 mins of the game. I’m going to go with my compass which tells me not to get too high or low in early November. You?

SH couldn't put Wagner away. Out scored them 52-37 in first half & 53-34 in second. SH only used 12 players including their walkon. As usual, your biased analysis is laughable. [roll]

I apologize, i'm a Seton Hall fan and i try not to comment on this board...but i cant wait to see what this kyk1827 guy comes up with on December 14th.

SH couldn't put Wagner away. Out scored them 52-37 in first half & 53-34 in second. SH only used 12 players including their walkon. As usual, your biased analysis is laughable. [roll]
far as i know....SHU put 2 walk ons out there last night. Reynolds (who put up 9 pts on 4-4 shooting) and Avent

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I’ll offer balance to the post

Seton hall did win like they were supposed but Wagner was moving the ball well against seton halls half court trap ...and got a lot of open looks and lay ups. A better team has that game tied or a lead with the quality of shots they were getting.

Of course, that’s part of hall strategy... to get you to play faster than you want ...and get you uncomfortable ...

A better team would have had taken better advantage

The hall then used depth (nothing wrong ) and playing at a faster place to wear out a team and then earn their romp

If I was a hall fan...I’d be solid with this as game 1 ...knowing there is plenty of work needed by everyone on a game played on November 5

If I really had the energy or if I really respected what kyk1827 said I would look back to the Hall’s last year’s opening game against Wagner- He made comments early in the game about how poorly the Hall was playing, they won by 40 that night: Keep doing what your doing and feeding your hateful take on the Hall;

Seton Hall scores more than 100 points and wins by 30 points which most sports fans would consider a successful performance especially without the head coach on the bench.

Seton Hall did struggle a bit on the glass if you really want to nitpick.

Wagner rebounded 30% of their own misses and 80% of Seton Hall misses. Seton Hall rebounded 20% of their own misses and 70% of Wagner misses. That's gonna be an issue.

SHU blew them out because they did exactly what they should have against a low major: Got whatever they wanted inside (78% on two-pointers) and turned them over (21 times).

Note that "exactly what they should have" doesn't mean every team can do it. It means I think they were properly rated by most projection systems around #20.

If I really had the energy or if I really respected what kyk1827 said I would look back to the Hall’s last year’s opening game against Wagner- He made comments early in the game about how poorly the Hall was playing, they won by 40 that night: Keep doing what your doing and feeding your hateful take on the Hall;
And howd that season turn out for hall? They wound up getting outscored in big east play and got bounced first round once again in a non-competitive game

Seton Hall did struggle a bit on the glass if you really want to nitpick.

Wagner rebounded 30% of their own misses and 80% of Seton Hall misses. Seton Hall rebounded 20% of their own misses and 70% of Wagner misses. That's gonna be an issue.

SHU blew them out because they did exactly what they should have against a low major: Got whatever they wanted inside (78% on two-pointers) and turned them over (21 times).

Note that "exactly what they should have" doesn't mean every team can do it. It means I think they were properly rated by most projection systems around #20.

i thought seton hall was very poor on the glass, rotations on D were awful, they didnt handle the trap well, they turned it over too much but again they did what any team with tourney aspirations should do against a low major, used 10 guys in waves to speed up the pace and wear down wagner. Without Powell last night, I’m not sure sure SHU pulls that one out.

As ive said all off season if i was a SHU fan id be gravely concerned about depth. Its cool and all to see Ike and Gill slamming the ball against 6’6 white dudes from wagner but those are really the only guys who flashed outside of powell obviously.

I’ll offer balance to the post

Seton hall did win like they were supposed but Wagner was moving the ball well against seton halls half court trap ...and got a lot of open looks and lay ups. A better team has that game tied or a lead with the quality of shots they were getting.

Of course, that’s part of hall strategy... to get you to play faster than you want ...and get you uncomfortable ...

A better team would have had taken better advantage

The hall then used depth (nothing wrong ) and playing at a faster place to wear out a team and then earn their romp

If I was a hall fan...I’d be solid with this as game 1 ...knowing there is plenty of work needed by everyone on a game played on November 5
Good honest take of the game.

This was only game # 1. The 2 big guys got plenty of dunks because Mcknight was able to drive the lane and throw lobs to them for easy dunks. A few others did the same. They change the SHU team a bit. The team pushes the ball as much as they can. The game at the RAC should be a good one.

If I were an RU fan I’d be envious as hell of the publicity the Hall is getting.
I’d also be angry, frustrated, and muttering in the night.
How could this little Catholic college become the darlings of New Jersey and not the mighty state University from the Big10?

Reactions: silkcitypirate
If I were an RU fan I’d be envious as hell of the publicity the Hall is getting.
How could this little Catholic college become the darlings of New Jersey and not the mighty state University from the Big10?
Darling? Lol, theyre only being hyped up by jerry carino who is, well, a SHU alum after all. I dont really see this team being much different from last years squad. Seems like another 9-10 seed with a first round exit

SHU was playing a local team that was sky high and more pumped to play the game since they were 28 point dogs.

First game sloppiness
Coached by an assistant

And they still covered and showed off a lot of talent.

Reactions: RU82
SHU was playing a local team that was sky high and more pumped to play the game since they were 28 point dogs.

First game sloppiness
Coached by an assistant

And they still covered and showed off a lot of talent.

Seton Hall did fine. They came out playing a little too fast and a little sloppy. That’s to be expected. Energy and emotions are sky high in the first game of the season. They are going to have a good year.

Seton Hall looks really good. Like top 10 level good.

We're a top 50 level team and we could definitely beat them at home but this is the best SHU team I've seen in a long time.

I honestly hope both of our teams are really good. Make NJ college basketball great again! Our rivalry is fun. And while it ain't Duke-UNC, it could definitely be a national level televised event every year that recruits get hype for.

I definitely don't hate you guys. Hard to hate a safety school. ;-)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT