ADVERTISEMENT

Sick of Schiano’s BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is like every coach ever.

This reminds me of the SNL skit press conference the 1st week of the Gulf War. The reporter asks "I understand our troops use passwords. Could you tell us what those passwords are." Of course the response was useless blather.

Reactions: Knight Shift
After several years of listening to Schiano, I realize he says absolutely nothing meaningful. He just meanders on and on like a politician and at the end you don’t know any more than at the beginning.
Very true.

After several years of listening to Schiano, I realize he says absolutely nothing meaningful. He just meanders on and on like a politician and at the end you don’t know any more than at the beginning.
That's because : "it's a process"

What are you looking for him to say? You want him to describe the new offensive strategy? How the DB's will be positioned on the field? That player xyz will beat out everyone of the RB's? You may want to listen to some of the other major coaches and see what they reveal in a post spring scrimmage presser.

you seem to be a basketball-first fan who complains about Schiano no matter what he does... here's a time where you blamed your wife in order to register a complaint..

My wife is not a big football fan, but she knows enough to know when she is being bullshat. Every time Greg talks about “chopping the moment,“ she rolls her eyes.

I do think Greg talks as if he's trying to keep expectations low - he's not remotely inspiring.
Last year Greg was complaining about the need to fix red zone problems.
I have articles from 2007 also complaining about the need to fix red zone problems
They had Rice, Zuttah, Sosa, Britt, Teel et al but couldn't score inside the RZ aside from FGs.

Greg is great at defense but like a lot of defensive minded coaches he sees offenses as liabilities - mistakes ready to happen
Greg's defense is made to cause mistakes and in his mind he doesn't want mistakes on offense and that translated into no offense.
Sure I know the talent isn't there but that's why you avoid being predictable and over-cautious
I don't think I've ever seen an RU shovel pass, stacked WRs or bubble screen
I think Greg is one of those "If we execute we can run predictable plays" type guy.

Aa a GS fan I confess the contrast between Greg and Prime is like SPAM vs Wagyu.
I watch what's going on in Colorado and I'm like "dang that's how you do it."
Greg is just plain flat like an old soda or beer left out from a party 2 days ago.

"If the trumpet sounds a muffled call, who will prepare for battle? "

5XLWew0.gif

Is this in reference to today's presser? IDK if it's just me, but he said a lot of tangible, meaningful things today.

Here's Matt Rhule today. Don't see a difference:

Reactions: angmo
I do think Greg talks as if he's trying to keep expectations low - he's not remotely inspiring.
Last year Greg was complaining about the need to fix red zone problems.
I have articles from 2007 also complaining about the need to fix red zone problems
They had Rice, Zuttah, Sosa, Britt, Teel et al but couldn't score inside the RZ aside from FGs.

Greg is great at defense but like a lot of defensive minded coaches he sees offenses as liabilities - mistakes ready to happen
Greg's defense is made to cause mistakes and in his mind he doesn't want mistakes on offense and that translated into no offense.
Sure I know the talent isn't there but that's why you avoid being predictable and over-cautious
I don't think I've ever seen an RU shovel pass, stacked WRs or bubble screen
I think Greg is one of those "If we execute we can run predictable plays" type guy.

Aa a GS fan I confess the contrast between Greg and Prime is like SPAM vs Wagyu.
I watch what's going on in Colorado and I'm like "dang that's how you do it."
Greg is just plain flat like an old soda or beer left out from a party 2 days ago.

"If the trumpet sounds a muffled call, who will prepare for battle? "

5XLWew0.gif
Not a fan of Prime at all. If he gets results good for him.

Greg mentioned Powell again and Dion. Also Maya. Our D could be real solid. He mentioned some O-line guys that haven't played before flashed. Let's land an O-lineman and WR or two in the portal to give us some hope.

Reactions: Knight Shift
He basically is a politician, or at least in a similar position to one. And like a politician he sometimes inspires devotion or hatred, hedges his bets, passes the buck, blames inferiors for failures, and raises or lowers expectations as desired. Also, he more or less has a set tenure in office.

He basically is a politician, or at least in a similar position to one. And like a politician he sometimes inspires devotion or hatred, hedges his bets, passes the buck, blames inferiors for failures, and raises or lowers expectations as desired. Also, he more or less has a set tenure in office.
What Head Coach in College Football is not a politician. Saban leads the list. Says nothing meaningful.
It's amazing our fan base demands that the local media only report good stories, that the head coach not use coach speak. A lot on funny requirements from this board!

What Head Coach in College Football is not a politician. Saban leads the list. Says nothing meaningful.
It's amazing our fan base demands that the local media only report good stories, that the head coach not use coach speak. A lot on funny requirements from this board!
Agree...I think I can count on one hand the number of celebrity (coach/and or player) interviews over my life where anything of any consequence or interest was actually revealed. Interviews with players have actually become worse than coach interviews lol. Saban IS the worst. Greg will immediately become a better interview when we start winning! Go RU!

They're all like that. Although it is fair to say that Schiano always always uses the "we're young" excuse to lower expectations and cover for failure ahead of time. Years go by and he can't fix the same problem (ie o-line, qb, wrs).

When is the last time we had a star player? We are playing multiple games each year where the opponent has a better or comparable athlete at every position but for punter. Our punter is gone. Where does that leave us? Coach Schiano is not a miracle worker. I’m not sure there is much wiggle room until we can out pay our opponents, or find the next Doug Flutie.

Reactions: czxqa
When is the last time we had a star player? We are playing multiple games each year where the opponent has a better or comparable athlete at every position but for punter. Our punter is gone. Where does that leave us? Coach Schiano is not a miracle worker. I’m not sure there is much wiggle room until we can out pay our opponents, or find the next Doug Flutie.
Sam Brown says hi

He prides himself on that. He doesn't want to do media at all.

I just don't understand why coaches do that. They are somehow good at recruiting but absolute piss poor salesman on pushing their product (their team). Yes winning is most important but look how many people followed and rooted for Mike Leach teams because of Mike, not because of his Run n Shoot O.

They're all like that. Although it is fair to say that Schiano always always uses the "we're young" excuse to lower expectations and cover for failure ahead of time. Years go by and he can't fix the same problem (ie o-line, qb, wrs).
You think the team isn't young?? He never gave that excuse after 2004. He new things were changing after a few seasons getting his players.

He prides himself on that. He doesn't want to do media at all.

I just don't understand why coaches do that. They are somehow good at recruiting but absolute piss poor salesman on pushing their product (their team). Yes winning is most important but look how many people followed and rooted for Mike Leach teams because of Mike, not because of his Run n Shoot O.
Schiano doesn't want to do media?? What? He thrives talking to the media. And for the most part the media loves him.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Actually Mike Leach didn’t say much of anything about football either , he usually just wondered off into the wild blue yonder. RIP Mike.
Leach on dinosaurs he would get as a kid at a gas station, and a reporter remembering the name of the gas station:

Answer to what steps Miss State needs to take to win against Georgia in years head-classic! And then on Refs:

Reactions: angmo and rurichdog
You think the team isn't young?? He never gave that excuse after 2004. He new things were changing after a few seasons getting his players.
Lots of teams are young. It's college football. The roster is always turning over. The really good coaches don't need 4 years to get players ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT