ADVERTISEMENT

So what are everyones impressions of the current 2023 recruiting class?

RU fans need to stop the delusional thoughts of getting the the OSU/Bama type level. I highly doubt that is the goal, and if it is, it is not realistic. Just a reminder that we are not Bama or tOSU. Nor are we Michigan or PSU or Wisconsin. Maybe we can aspire to get at or near Wisconin's level some day, but have said numerous times, just doing what Pat Fitzgerald has done at Northwestern would be fine for most fans:

2006Northwestern4–82–6T–8th
2007Northwestern6–63–5T–7th
2008Northwestern9–45–3T–4thL Alamo
2009Northwestern8–55–3T–4thL Outback
2010Northwestern7–63–5T–7thL TicketCity
2011Northwestern6–73–55th (Legends)L Meineke Car Care
2012Northwestern10–35–33rd (Legends)W Gator1617
2013Northwestern5–71–76th (Legends)
2014Northwestern5–73–56th (West)
2015Northwestern10–36–2T–2nd (West)L Outback2223
2016Northwestern7–65–4T–4th (West)W Pinstripe
2017Northwestern10–37–22nd (West)W Music City1717
2018Northwestern9–58–11st (West)W Holiday1921
2019Northwestern3–91–87th (West)
2020Northwestern7–26–11st (West)W Citrus1010
2021Northwestern3–91–8T-6th (West)
Good post. Fans need to be realistic - now more than ever.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Could you please name those players for us so we can refer back to you in a year from now? Some of these Florida kids will outshine ( going by the past ) most NJ players. This is a very down cycle in NJ for 2023. The NY players are from top programs. Suggest you wait before opening your “yap” about our poor recruiting on June 17. The kid who de committed to PSU after winning MVP at RUTGERS was a 3*** up until then. Remembering back to 2004-2005 it is somewhat similar of what and where he is going in an off year.
Def a down year in NJ
GS mining FL / etc. for gems
Has no other choice
Short term it's the right move
Long term, we have to reel in the bigger fish if we want to be competitive

RU fans need to stop the delusional thoughts of getting the the OSU/Bama type level. I highly doubt that is the goal, and if it is, it is not realistic. Just a reminder that we are not Bama or tOSU. Nor are we Michigan or PSU or Wisconsin. Maybe we can aspire to get at or near Wisconin's level some day, but have said numerous times, just doing what Pat Fitzgerald has done at Northwestern would be fine for most fans:

I prefer to be a little delusional between before the season starts and hope ( not expect) Rutgers will take on the best of the best and come out on top.
I find it hard to look at Rutgers chances in a realistic manner until the season stats.
I look for reasons why Rutgers can go undefeated, even if I know my reasoning is far fetched and unlikely to happen.
It actual kind of pisses me off to be expected to lower my unreasonable expectations for the upcoming season, even if I know those advising that are right.
I'm the :This will be the year: type before season begins and a "Wait till next year" claimer after the season doesn't bring the Title.

I enjoy the hoping for a great season and accept it didn't after season is over because my hope for future success remains in my heart no matter how the season turns out.
When the losers were running the show, I hoped they find a way to be winners or run out of town.
Now the Scarlet Knights has a HC I feel can turn RU into a winner again, but this time be able to reach the next level and be considered on par with the top B1G programs like OSU and be considered a playoff caliber team.
Ridiculous to some, but feel ridiculousness is part of everyone's fanhood when it comes to their supporting the program during it's darkest and sunniest days

Being a realist only covers betting bucks on the team

I just want Morris Schiano to name the players . Much can happen between now and the summer of’ ‘23 recruits.

Schiano has up and down years in the recruiting rankings but he always gets players that contribute. It sounds like this class is a combination of targeting plan b under recruited players, down year for NJ and losing 2 of his best recruiters. I’m not worried because he always finds a way to get guys who show up.

Reactions: Plum Street
Could you please name those players for us so we can refer back to you in a year from now? Some of these Florida kids will outshine ( going by the past ) most NJ players. This is a very down cycle in NJ for 2023. The NY players are from top programs. Suggest you wait before opening your “yap” about our poor recruiting on June 17. The kid who de committed to PSU after winning MVP at RUTGERS was a 3*** up until then. Remembering back to 2004-2005 it is somewhat similar of what and where he is going in an off year.
I hope you’re right . They play good ball down in florida .
I do wonder if these Florida kids are still underecruited and underrated given the amount of film and scouting services now . It is a lot different from 20 years ago when schiano identified a target rich area due to his days at Miami

Sometimes you need to go back to what made you successful before like Florida , NY Long Island . Well let’s see what happens going forward .

Just look at the Rutgers early commit . After winning MVP at our camp he bolts to PSU and goes to a 4* . If he stayed at Rutgers the chances are he remains a 3***.

Need some positive surprises on the field that can lead to good transfers again and let’s see what Dylan Gooden, Rodney Lora, Joe Jackson do. Next year class of cruits are deeper in the area

Just look at the Rutgers early commit . After winning MVP at our camp he bolts to PSU and goes to a 4* . If he stayed at Rutgers the chances are he remains a 3***.
He received the rating bump before he committed due to the camp performance.

Wrong … Yazeed Haynes was a Rutgers commit prior to winning the MVP award at the Rivals camp. On May 16 , 2022 it was announced he had de-committed on the Rutgers Wire .

Wrong … Yazeed Haynes was a Rutgers commit prior to winning the MVP award at the Rivals camp. On May 16 , 2022 it was announced he had de-committed on the Rutgers Wire .
No one disputed that, you stated he became a 4* after going to PSU.

We knew on the pay side he was getting a ratings bump based on the camp performance.

So the comment about staying at 3* if he remained committed to RU is false.

We knew on the pay side he was getting a ratings bump based on the camp performance.

You claimed he was a

You claimed he got the bump prior to camp. He was an RU commit. That bump came post camp when he then de committed and chose PSU. If he did stay with Rutgers that bump may have come at a later date as was the norm for re evaluations of players.

Several things can be true at the same time.
-Our recruiting has clearly dipped from last year, and this seems to be highly correlated to the loss of Fran Brown.
-Schiano has a history of developing underrecruited and under the radar players.
-Schiano is a program builder and has done it before at Rutgers.
-The Big 10 East is a completely different animal than the Big East, and other than a fluky win against Michigan State in a covid year, Schiano has never beaten a blue blood program in his head coaching career.

Who knows how this will all play out. It is a very tough climb, especially as long as these divisions are in place, which is why comparisons to West teams that have had a much easier road are not a great comparison. We need numerous players to develop at the same time, and we need to have much better QB play to get out of the basement.

Reactions: RUforlife
And he did… you questioning someone’s reading comprehension is as funny as shit. You don’t have to be concerned . I’ll match my reading comprehension vs yours even though I ‘m pretty certain I’m much older . There was no guarantees based upon past Rutgers history he would have gotten that bump. Maybe and maybe not. But I can guarantee if it were a Michigan, MSU, Ohio State , Wisconsin , Iowa it would have been expected.

And he did… you questioning someone’s reading comprehension is as funny as shit. You don’t have to be concerned . I’ll match my reading comprehension vs yours even though I ‘m pretty certain I’m much older . There was no guarantees based upon past Rutgers history he would have gotten that bump. Maybe and maybe not. But I can guarantee if it were a Michigan, MSU, Ohio State , Wisconsin , Iowa it would have been expected.
And I already told you Richie told us on the pay side he was getting a bump because he was outstanding. Do you think he pulled it out of his rear? So I'll clearly take you up on the reading comprehension because so far you've paid attention to nothing.

Richie told us … Richie told us… … you need to grow up little guy. You immediately begin calling out reading comprehension . Just so you do understand completely your childish reply speaks volumes . Time to put you on ignore.I possess a degree and a measured IQ of over 131. Now my dyslexia sometimes impacts me still but I’ll match yours anytime. Now have a happy Father’s Day .🪓🪓🪓🪓

NIL = Trouble for RU Recruiting. Even Fran Brown would struggle without a strong collective behind him. The game has changed and its a problem for many schools including Rutgers.

Richie told us … Richie told us… … you need to grow up little guy. You immediately begin calling out reading comprehension . Just so you do understand completely your childish reply speaks volumes . Time to put you on ignore.I possess a degree and a measured IQ of over 131. Now my dyslexia sometimes impacts me still but I’ll match yours anytime. Now have a happy Father’s Day .🪓🪓🪓🪓
Sure whatever you say, enjoy Father's Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT