ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech fires Kliff Kingsbury

Oh a coach who wins, no no.

We want the guy who gets blown out by Buffalo.

He's working so hard. We simply can't do without Ash. Maybe next year we can score two TDs against MSU, and get him another extension in gratitude.
And don't forget how well he interviews!

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I don't put as much emphasis on that as others here. I've mentioned many times here my tiered pyramid view of recruiting where the tiers of similar talent get wider as you go down. You see teams without the high number rankings still being able to perform to varying levels of respectable....fit to system and development are important.

Besides even if you consider him not a great recruiter, which I think is fair, what does it say about his acumen if his recruiting results aren't hot yet he churns out very productive offenses with those players that he does get and keeps cranking out productive qbs as well. That's a testament to his offensive acumen. Problem....horrendous defense...get that fixed to just mediocre with someone like a Tracy Claeys or I was thinking like Heacock at Iowa State or the UVA defensive coordinator Nick Howell who make 350K and 450K respectively IIRC and maybe you have something.

Like I said not a guarantee but nothing is and it's an avenue I'd be open to if we were looking. If he goes somewhere and gets hot again he may be out of reach for us at that time. Right now and maybe next year too he might be obtainable but if the offensive acumen shines for a bit somewhere else than he could be a hot commodity as head coach again. He's only 39 IIRC.

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account@BruceFeldmanCFB 5h5 hours ago
Bruce Feldman Retweeted Daron K. Roberts
Not sure I know of any coaches who are more respected by the players they coached than Kliff Kingsbury was at Tech and A&M. And I can't ever recall any fired HC being this much in demand for potential OC opportunities in football as he is now.
I agree with what you are saying. But he is definitely a better OC than a HC. Just like I think that Ash is a better DC than a HC

I agree with what you are saying. But he is definitely a better OC than a HC. Just like I think that Ash is a better DC than a HC
Agree with that and have said as much in the past that he’d be an ideal OC for someone. Realistically we’ll never sniff his offensive mind as OC so I try to think of a different realistic way to get it and possibly make it work.

It’s all moot and just message board conversation as we’re not making a change. I’m just so desperate to see competent offense and think this kind of offense is the best chance and path of least resistance for a school like us.

Heard someone discussing the Packers and if they need to clean house.
Said even if they get a "conventional" OC, why not bring in KK to call plays.

The NFL is changing.
All these offensive minds from college are moving up.

Agree with that and have said as much in the past that he’d be an ideal OC for someone. Realistically we’ll never sniff his offensive mind as OC so I try to think of a different realistic way to get it and possibly make it work.

It’s all moot and just message board conversation as we’re not making a change. I’m just so desperate to see competent offense and think this kind of offense is the best chance and path of least resistance for a school like us.
I know that this is reaching but damn I wish that Wise or Snyder comes in lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT