ADVERTISEMENT

The short list gets shorter but Rutgers still on it! ESPN College GameDay

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Next week's College GameDay will be at Duke for the first time! Removing them from the short list of P5 football college to never host GameDay.
Besides Rutgers there is
California
Illinois
Maryland
Syracuse
Virginia

It's not just ESPN hating us. Part of it is Rutgers record over the years. Poor showing when the Big Ten did their version of GameDay for our first Big Ten game at home and not scheduling a game for the 150th anniversary week. Thursday night games didn't help either as the 2 big Louisville games certainly would have made it back then.

Last edited:
I used to love the show. Ever since Corso had his stroke, he hasn't been his old self. Then Chris Fowler was replaced and it's been down hill since for me. However, viewership is at all time highs the last few years so saying nobody watches it is silly. I don't watch it anymore but its more popular then ever.

I used to love the show. Ever since Corso had his stroke, he hasn't been his old self. Then Chris Fowler was replaced and it's been down hill since for me. However, viewership is at all time highs the last few years so saying nobody watches it is silly. I don't watch it anymore but its more popular then ever.
When I have the opportunity, I still watch CGD and Big Noon. Not a fan of McAfee (he was high on us yesterday though) cause he’s over the top but I’m fine with the rest and the show in general.

When I have the opportunity, I still watch CGD and Big Noon. Not a fan of McAfee (he was high on us yesterday though) cause he’s over the top but I’m fine with the rest and the show in general.
I like Big Noon on Fox the most but I'm not glued to the screen like back in my CGD where I'd watch the complete show back in the White Bus days in the Blue Lot.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Was Fowler replaced ? Or did he want to just call games ?
that used to be a great show . The fox show is better.
It’s gonna be hard for us to get gameday as we won’t even have any espn home games

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
I like Big Noon on Fox the most but I'm not glued to the screen like back in my CGD where I'd watch the complete show back in the White Bus days in the Blue Lot.
I’m not usually glued to the pre game shows but they will be on in the background while I’m doing this or that and I’ll catch some things.

From an article earlier this year:

GameDay” averaged 2.1 million viewers across its three hours last season, the second-most watched year in program history. This year’ marks the 30th season that “GameDay” has originated from game sites. The show will be in Charlotte on Saturday as No. 21 North Carolina takes on South Carolina.

When matched up for the final hour (11 a.m. to 12 p.m.), “GameDay” still has a significant lead. According to Nielsen, “GameDay” averaged 2.69 million viewers to “Big Noon Kickoff’s” 1.58 million. But Fox has seen gains of 30% in that hour since 2019.

It’s gonna be hard for us to get gameday as we won’t even have any espn home games
He spent a few years doing both but they wanted him full time for games.

Reactions: Plum Street
they have a preference to highlight ESPN/ABC TV games but that is not only determination ...They were at ND yesterday and that was on NBC... Plenty of good games this week, i think the Duke story and that ND game was close and this weeks game is the night time ABC game helped..

Ratings are at all time highs. Do you just make stuff up all the time?

It’s easy to set a rating record when your broadcasting from Colorado.

Let’s see if they can sustain it.

I don’t think ESPNs college gameday is as big of a deal as it used to be with the competition (i.e. Fox) but that’s just my opinion.

What else have I “made up”. Real curious about this haha.

How do you not have a College GameDay at the Birthplace of College Football no matter how good or bad Rutgers is, is beyond me.

If we can win most of our schedule up to Ohio State, that game becomes a possibility.

We need to win a few games vs ranked teams and then head into a meaningful game with national and/or B1G interest with another ranked team. Until then, CGD and B1G Tailgate will show no interest in us. And that's ok. Duke is getting it done. They deserve CGD.

Reactions: Jimpeg
We need to win a few games vs ranked teams and then head into a meaningful game with national and/or B1G interest with another ranked team. Until then, CGD and B1G Tailgate will show no interest in us. And that's ok. Duke is getting it done. They deserve CGD.
Upset Wisconsin there in a couple of weeks and beat Indy and Sparty and a 7-1 Rutgers team could be hosting OSU. Rutgers would also deserve a top 25 ranking vote at 7-1 as well. Wisconsin seems like a solid team but they may not even quite be on Maryland’s level right now.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
There’s always an opportunity for CGD however far it may be down the line when you have headliners like OSU, PSU, Michigan, Oregon, USC and even the second tier teams. So 1/2 of the needed slate will be filled somewhere in the year. We just have to be worthy to fill up the other 1/2 of the slate by being ranked. If we were to get ranked and stay ranked there will be multiple chances for the big headliner to show up in Piscataway to attract CGD.

lets get to 8-3 and maybe they come to our game against maryland
I'll have what you're drinking!
Hate to say this but Maryland is good so far! Hate to say it more. Penn State is really good this year.

At this point I'd support Rutgers telling them no thanks if they ever asked.

I can't remember the last time I watched a pregame show for either college or the NFL. It has to be over a decade. You know what? I feel like I really haven't missed anything.

Reactions: WhiteBus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT