2:25 AM and going into 3rd OT with USC game
Williams might be better than Mahomes

EDIT USC wins 43-41 and Williams was epic all night - 4 TDs - 3 running

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersguy1
2:25 AM and going into 3rd OT with USC game
Williams might be better than Mahomes

EDIT USC wins 43-41 and Williams was epic all night - 4 TDs - 3 running
Fell asleep on the couch and woke up to catch the tail end of that game in the OT1. USC escaped that game by the hair of their chinny chin chin. That was some crazy formation USC went to in OT3 for alternating 2s and Williams just made that conversion barely with his legs and athleticism. Sounds like Arizona went to the well too many times on a play that had been previously successful and USC snuffed it out that time.

Sounds like USC missed chip shot FG at the end of regulation too on a bad snap.

Arizona is definitely an improved team. Lost by a TD last week to Washington and took USC down the wire this week and both games with their backup qb too I think. Doable but not going to be a gimme win for Colorado on their quest to 6 this year.

Game winning 2 pt conversion in OT 3

USC blocked chip shot 25yd FG at the end of regulation

It sounded like Arizona used a lot of Dollar packages last week and this week to contain Penix and Williams and their offenses a little bit.

Last edited:

Cristobal has done other stuff at Oregon too not just these running out the clock gaffes. How do you make that kind of mistakes once in a career, let alone twice lol.

From the article:

Chaney was distraught on the bench, but lay all the blame on Miami coach Mario Cristobal for calling a play that was entirely unnecessary.

“We should have taken a knee,” Cristobal said.

And kudos to ACC Network announcer Tim Hasselbeck for not holding back on his criticism of Miami’s coaches failing Football 101.

“That’s one of the biggest coaching mistakes at this level that I have ever seen in my lifetime,” Hasselbeck said.

Miami lured Cristobal home from Oregon after the 2021 season with a monster contract and hopes to return to The U. to glory. Cristobal is a tireless recruiter who has put together some talented teams, including this one, but his game-management has often come into question.

He made a similar end-of-game, clock-management mistake in 2018 against Stanford that cost Oregon a victory.

Oregon St beat Cal 52-40 to go to 5-1

Fell asleep on the couch and woke up to catch the tail end of that game in the OT1. USC escaped that game by the hair of their chinny chin chin. That was some crazy formation USC went to in OT3 for alternating 2s and Williams just made that conversion barely with his legs and athleticism. Sounds like Arizona went to the well too many times on a play that had been previously successful and USC snuffed it out that time.

Sounds like USC missed chip shot FG at the end of regulation too on a bad snap.

Arizona is definitely an improved team. Lost by a TD last week to Washington and took USC down the wire this week and both games with their backup qb too I think. Doable but not going to be a gimme win for Colorado on their quest to 6 this year.

Game winning 2 pt conversion in OT 3

USC blocked chip shot 25yd FG at the end of regulation

It sounded like Arizona used a lot of Dollar packages last week and this week to contain Penix and Williams and their offenses a little bit.

Careful with that Arizona is an improved team talk with those losses. You sound like a Rutgers apologist fan.😜

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Careful with that Arizona is an improved team talk with those losses. You sound like a Rutgers apologist fan.😜
1 win in year 1, 5 in year 2, and 3-3 now in year 3 with a chance to get to 6. They challenged very strong offenses in Washington and USC and both games with their backup qb. I think that's improvement. In the end though, you still have to win. Improvement without winning isn't enough. They have a chance and we'll see how the season plays out.

Reactions: Knight Shift

From the article:

“I apologize for my anger today, but I don’t expect mediocrity,” Sanders said afterward.

He said he’s “sick of it.” And he never raised his voice, but he had several things to get off of his chest afterward. He even seemed much more unhappy after this win than he was after a loss the previous week, when his team rallied from a 27-point deficit against Southern California before falling short, 48-41. He blamed himself, too, when asked what he said to his team afterward.

"I’ve delivered every type of message you can fathom," he said. "It’s not just the team. This is all of us. This is me and the coaches included.

But the Buffs committed eight penalties, gave up five sacks and rarely even kicked the ball through the end zone on kickoffs, which annoyed their coach as well.

"I don’t know how every else’s kickers kick the ball out of the end zone but ours," he said.

"I expect to win, and I expect to win in a better fashion than that," Deion Sanders said. "I'm sick of these consistent holes that we’re displaying and the penalties and things that we’re doing. We’re so much better."

It’s all part of the portfolio for Coach Prime – increased frustration not from a failure to win, but from a failure to be better than just OK.

yesterday was an incredible day for cfb
Red River was the best game of the day for me. Orlovsky did a nice breakdown of how good Gabriel was on that last drive. He showed great poise in that drive.

OU’s defense had made leaps and bounds improvement over last year and the last who knows how many years too.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Red River was the best game of the day for me. Orlovsky did a nice breakdown of how good Gabriel was on that last drive. He showed great poise in that drive.

OU’s defense had made leaps and bounds improvement over last year and the last who knows how many years too.
I'll admit I thought Texas was a little high and that Udub and Oregon should get more love but OU looked very impressive. I still don't think either is a top 5 team though

I'll admit I thought Texas was a little high and that Udub and Oregon should get more love but OU looked very impressive. I still don't think either is a top 5 team though
Oregon Washington next weekend. I like Oregon’s defense but we’ll see just how good it is these next couple weeks against UW and WSU.

Oregon Washington next weekend. I like Oregon’s defense but we’ll see just how good it is these next couple weeks against UW and WSU.
amen

osu and wsu are scary good on offense

Udub Oregon will be fun to watch for sure

Can’t say it would’ve been a bad call for Arizona to go for 2 on the road in a 1 play winner takes all situation. Fisch didn’t sound like he wanted to though, maybe he thought it was okay to keep extending the game against USC’s defense.

Fell asleep on the couch and woke up to catch the tail end of that game in the OT1. USC escaped that game by the hair of their chinny chin chin. That was some crazy formation USC went to in OT3 for alternating 2s and Williams just made that conversion barely with his legs and athleticism.

Caleb Williams is the best college QB I've ever seen. He's a real pocket passer who can flick the ball around like its lint, but when he decides to run he's a magician. He knows how to deliver and absorb contact (very rare in QBs). I think he's better than Mahomes. USC is nothing without Williams

Last edited:
Should Arkansas Head Coach seat be hot?

He lost both his coordinators in the offseason and like Orgeron probably didn’t do a good job replacing them. Not familiar with the DC but I know the OC is Dan Enos and not a fan of his style of offense.

It’s been downhill since the 9 win season but I don’t think he’d get fired this year. I think next year will be crucial though.

Fuente added to IU staff as an analyst. I don't know that firing the OC Walt Bell and replacing him with Carey or adding Fuente changes much in season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT