ADVERTISEMENT

To BC, Pitt and Syracuse: Karma is a B*tch

graystork

All American
Nov 30, 2008
Yup you thought it was a good idea to abandon the Big East and defect to the ACC for more money, and deliver the death blow to Eastern football. Well guess what? Now not only are you stuck in a conference for many more years with a crappy TV contract, now your conference champion doesn't even rate a playoff spot when it goes undefeated. Well played . Well played indeed.

Yup you thought it was a good idea to abandon the Big East and defect to the ACC for more money, and deliver the death blow to Eastern football. Well guess what? Now not only are you stuck in a conference for many more years with a crappy TV contract, now your conference champion doesn't even rate a playoff spot when it goes undefeated. Well played . Well played indeed.
BC I get. The conference was already busted by the time Pitt and Cuse left. We were a half step behind those two out the door. And this was a conference don’t forget - that paid good money to have Tagliabue bad mouth us so we would be less marketable. You expect Pitt and Cuse to accept less money to hold that $hithole together?

Not necessary and shows a total lack of maturity on your part. Everyone knows Florida State earned that spot and politics took it away. Once again Alabama gets his ass kissed, no need to try and demean Florida State.

I mean, it's obvious the CFP is a ratings-first machine and does not care about results. If they did, Alabama's terrible performances all year would have had an impact and kept them out. They had to make a miraculous 4th and 30+ touchdown to beat a terrible Auburn team last week and similarly barely escaped earlier this year against 4-8 Arkansas. They simply used FSU's injury situation as a method to justify the TV executives' desire to make things a bigger draw versus actually reward season performance.

BC I get. The conference was already busted by the time Pitt and Cuse left. We were a half step behind those two out the door. And this was a conference don’t forget - that paid good money to have Tagliabue bad mouth us so we would be less marketable. You expect Pitt and Cuse to accept less money to hold that $hithole together?
Syracuse was lined up to go with BC but got nosed out by Virginia Tech.

That’s a little different .
Would you rather win football games or lose ?
Well, by using my analogy you can play in and win meaningful games as you improve your “house” and property.

But when your ‘hood is gone or perceived gone, doesn’t really matter what you do.

Reactions: BLewis1968
No the guy is right . It doesn’t matter what conference we are in for if we are gonna stink .
Thankfully we are .500 this year
False because we were in the ACCC and got paid like a fry cook at burger world. We are a respectable competitor in most sports and getting paid quite nicely in a top notch conference

Reactions: NBHPRU and thegock
Pitt was the only school that was honorable. Cuse less Brutus like than BC.
BC was by far the most devious and underhanded.
Va Tech was honest from the get go.
WVA honorable too.

Riding the coat tails of Big10 teams. That’s weak.
For all the posters calling this individual a troll, I don't know if he/she is or not, but I have been on here long enough to remember when fans of schools who were perennial bottom feeders in a top conference were ragged on unmercifully when they came on this board and labeled as losers for just being happy to be in the conference by the vast majority of posters. Funny how opinions change when faced with reality.

Va Tech was honest from the get go.
You're kidding, right? VTech was running around to everyone saying "let Miami leave, we can rebuild without them" Then as soon as the back door cracked, they slithered out. This is the exact opposite of reality.

We have to stop thinking that getting our teeth kicked in by Big10 powers is some major accomplishment
there is dumb, there is being shortsighted, there is cutting your nose to spite your face, there is genuine ignorance, there is limitations to what some people can do intillectually but there is zero excuse for willful ignorance and being stupid for the sake of being stupid

you sir make the latter an olympic sport

This ain't about the ACC. Trust me, if RU were undefeated and Big 10 champs and ranked #4 we'd all be sitting here watching Alabama on TV also.

Actually the only one I'd really blame is BC, aka, the French Whores. They basically sat there extolling the virtues of keeping the conference together all the while negotiating with the ACC.

No the guy is right . It doesn’t matter what conference we are in for if we are gonna stink .

Absolutely not true. First off, far better to be in a conference that has a huge athletic payout. Second, even more important, the academic side of the conference is even more important and valuable, and is a place we fit in very well. Third, yes, football has been pretty bad given the terrible coaching hire decisions made. But other sports have been or have become very competitive. And we're righting the ship in football.

Actually the only one I'd really blame is BC, aka, the French Whores. They basically sat there extolling the virtues of keeping the conference together all the while negotiating with the ACC.

Absolutely not true. First off, far better to be in a conference that has a huge athletic payout. Second, even more important, the academic side of the conference is even more important and valuable, and is a place we fit in very well. Third, yes, football has been pretty bad given the terrible coaching hire decisions made. But other sports have been or have become very competitive. And we're righting the ship in football.
true!!!!!! remember when it came out that they were voting or conducting meetings to keep the BE intact and secretly meeting with the ACC?????????

Fredo name was given to them for a reason

For all the posters calling this individual a troll, I don't know if he/she is or not, but I have been on here long enough to remember when fans of schools who were perennial bottom feeders in a top conference were ragged on unmercifully when they came on this board and labeled as losers for just being happy to be in the conference by the vast majority of posters. Funny how opinions change when faced with reality.
I don’t get it when people brag about the teams we hate in our conference. I want to beat them. Not brag about what they did before we joined the conference. As a fan it’s a weak mentality imo.

Last edited:
All that does is people crying about missing the 10th, 11th and 12th spots. Nothing changes. It will be worse!
The people crying about being number 13 in a twelve-team playoff would have had their asses beat in the first round of the playoffs anyway.

Well, by using my analogy you can play in and win meaningful games as you improve your “house” and property.

But when your ‘hood is gone or perceived gone, doesn’t really matter what you do.
Well, yeah if you are actually going to improve your house. Otherwise kinda stupid to be puffing out your chest because you got the worst house on a good block . To the neighbors and your family menbers your property is an embarrassment.

The people crying about being number 13 in a twelve-team playoff would have had their asses beat in the first round of the playoffs anyway.
There’s always a bubble. Undefeated and left out is different though in my opinion. It won’t happen, but I also think there should be an auto qualification for undefeated teams provided SOS meets a predetermined agreed upon minimum level.

Reactions: Mufasa94
I get the impression from this board that these are and always will be the most important rivals to Rutgers. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Well, yeah if you are actually going to improve your house. Otherwise kinda stupid to be puffing out your chest because you got the worst house on a good block. To the neighbors and your family members your property is an embarrassment.
So you don’t think that is the plan…to actually get better?

Which again is why I thought using a simple analogy might convey what we’re trying to do here…more success in the neighborhood of the B1G is better than doing it in an overlooked ACC or a dead Pac12.

So you don’t think that is the plan…to actually get better?

Which again is why I thought using a simple analogy might convey what we’re trying to do here…more success in the neighborhood of the B1G is better than doing it in an overlooked ACC or a dead Pac12.

If it’s been the plan the past 11 years
, it’s been a failure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT