ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow's games of interest to RU (besides Stony Brook)

mdk01

Hall of Famer
Aug 18, 2011
UMass - Army - At Michie with two of the top OOC teams Rutgers will face. A preview of what RU will face next week

Hopkins - Georgetown - Is Hopkins for real? If they hang close we'll have our answer

Loyola - Maryland- Another top OCC opponent to take the measure of.

Virginia - Michigan - Michigan feasted on the cupcakes last year and lost against quality opponents. They get tested early.

I caught some of the Hopkins game. They didn't seem too impressive. They addedd some talent but still look slow and unathletic overall in the midfield. Jacksonville apparently lost to a d3 team in a scrimmage which is never a good sign.

If Georgetown is for real, they are going to smack Hopkins around.

Syracuse Albany is sort of interesting. Albany I believe lost their best player to a preseason injury. Caught some of the Syracuse game and they didn't seem very impressive also. They are playing Kirst at midfield. He made a big mistake going there. They too didn't look very athletic in the midfield, at least offensively. They are going to get feasted on by dmids who stay on the field. Their big time recruit went into ME mode and took a gazillion shots and scored 1 or 2 goals. Pretty poor start to an overhyped career.

Not sure if it is a one off but they look to be going away from their roots of run and gun and trying to play a Denver style work clock ball movement offense. Canadians love that stuff. It does fit in well with Petro's quicksand style though.

I caught some of the Hopkins game. They didn't seem too impressive. They addedd some talent but still look slow and unathletic overall in the midfield. Jacksonville apparently lost to a d3 team in a scrimmage which is never a good sign.

If Georgetown is for real, they are going to smack Hopkins around.

Syracuse Albany is sort of interesting. Albany I believe lost their best player to a preseason injury. Caught some of the Syracuse game and they didn't seem very impressive also. They are playing Kirst at midfield. He made a big mistake going there. They too didn't look very athletic in the midfield, at least offensively. They are going to get feasted on by dmids who stay on the field. Their big time recruit went into ME mode and took a gazillion shots and scored 1 or 2 goals. Pretty poor start to an overhyped career.

Not sure if it is a one off but they look to be going away from their roots of run and gun and trying to play a Denver style work clock ball movement offense. Canadians love that stuff. It does fit in well with Petro's quicksand style though.

Forgot where I heard it but in essence a suggestion that the prime motivation for Kirst to Syracuse was the Newhouse School of Communications.

Reactions: asgot
Saw a little of the game. Albany is terrible. That program has really faded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT