ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Thread - Portal Now Open (Chol, Simpson, Wolf, Mag, Cliff, Griffiths)

Well who’s next???

Probably Mag. Cliff isn’t entering, he’ll go draft eval, intl, then grad transfer (assuming he wants to stay in school but not RU). From his instagram, it looks like the students are going to make the decision to leave hard for him.

I, and some others, are hoping Oskar returns as the 13th scholarship.

Saw that Rutgers has reached out to a forward. Anyone hear any names?

There’s some risk involved with Monsanto though. He’s had several major injuries, and apparently wasn’t the same after coming back this season from his most recent injury, a torn left patellar tendon that he suffered in early 2023…

In the 11 games that he was able to play in this season his 3 pt shooting was down to 34.7%…. He shot 17-49 from 3, and 0-1 from 2, and averaged 12.5 minutes a game. His defense wasn’t the same either due to mobility issues, and they had to move him from the 3 position to the 4 because of it, and he wasn’t available for Wake’s last 5 games, allegedly due to knee pain. There still may be a question of whether he can return to the player he was before his most recent serious injury.
Excellent point and was going to amend my post to say he was coming off an injury. Did not realize how significant it was. Having taking some transfers with injury issues and those guys not living up to expectations , I would stay clear.
But Bentley Joseph the guard out of Miami would be a good target and fit real well with his 3 point shooting

Probably Mag. Cliff isn’t entering, he’ll go draft eval, intl, then grad transfer (assuming he wants to stay in school but not RU). From his instagram, it looks like the students are going to make the decision to leave hard for him.

I, and some others, are hoping Oskar returns as the 13th scholarship.
So much for the Cliff prediction.

So much for the Cliff prediction.

Yeah, this was definitely a shock - but it makes sense too. He should consider all options. He wouldn’t be the first player to enter the portal and return or enter the portal and do something else.

One of my favorites. We were lucky to have Cliff the person (my desktop wallpaper is Cliff taking a pic with my boys, with my 5 year on his shoulders) and the player - and he was the first big time commit for Pike.

If he transfers, that has to mean he’s worried about the possibility of being buried on the depth chart. Why else would he leave? Can’t be worth that much based on his frosh debut.

Absolutely insane to me that we haven't even reached out to Manon or Gray (Cornell) - the fit seems perfect.

Disheartening to hear the Gavin rumors.

If Pitino gets Cliff and Oweh. Then Rick is out for blood. He's gonna turn St Johns into a force, if he's landing these types of pickups

It's actually a lot more concerning to lose a player for reasons other than NIL.
It depends on the reason. Not concerning if he’s leaving because he’s unhappy about the portal talent we are targeting for next season.

If we get the Merrimack kid (or somebody comparable) he wouldn't be starting next year IMO. My worry is more 2025-2026 than 2024-2025 if this news is accurate.

Have zero knowledge of anything regarding Gavin but all reports last offseason were that Mag was gone.
Didn't actually end up happening.

It would be pretty interesting considering how repeatedly we were told "Gavin loves Rutgers. He's never leaving early. Not even for the NBA. He's getting a Rutgers degree."

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT