ADVERTISEMENT

Want to point something out re: hosting NCAAs

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
We’re close enough as a team that it’s worth talking about, traditionally those ranked in the top-16 as seeds host the first 2 rounds of the NCAA tourney. While RU could finish in one of these positions, I don’t think we’d host. That’s because the first round is March 16&18/17&19, but on March 17th, Rutgers gymnastics is hosting the huge and prestigious “Big Five” tournament at the RAC, featuring Michigan, Penn State, Iowa Minn & RU. This is a big deal because last year the RAC hosted its first B1G gym event, the B1G championships, and it went great and was talked about by the athletes as the best floor they’ve danced on. So I highly doubt they will move this tournament, and it also takes more than just a day of prep like wrestling/basketball to set up/take down the GYM stuff since it’s all on risers. I think we won’t host even if we finish at the top because of this.

So then why make the thread? There is a lot of season left. regardless, the tournament will always be in the hands of the committee. We can win out and still get shafted. Let's focus on the season and the PSU game thursday before looking ahead.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
So then why make the thread? There is a lot of season left. regardless, the tournament will always be in the hands of the committee. We can win out and still get shafted. Let's focus on the season and the PSU game thursday before looking ahead.
Because there were people talking about it in multiple other threads so I “just wanted to point it out” ......

Who pissed your wheaties? I for one know this has always been and RU gripe. Knowing it isnt worth the gripe saves the gripers some griping..

Reactions: LtCol144
Just to clarify without getting involved in whether it was worth mentioning or not -

1 - The top 16 seeds host - period - unless there is a conflict.

2 - In general, the poster is correct, it is unlikely that RU would host given the other event scheduled.

3 - There have been events moved to accommodate unexpected NCAA hosting, this did occur in the PAC a couple of years ago, but it is certainly not a given. Conversely, one of the PAC schools had to give up hosting I think it was last year because of a conflict.

However, none of this is the NCAA's fault or doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT