Weather for WI @ RU: looks cool, but iffy on rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
There's no doubt that we move into a much cooler pattern this coming week, as I mentioned the other day in the IL weather thread, given that we have a major trough coming through for the eastern 2/3 of the country, with plenty of cool to cold high pressure behind it for the week, with temps generally somewhat below normal (and our first freeze possible for areas NW of 95 on Weds night).

While we're a week out and uncertainty, as always, for this far out is pretty high, it's very likely we'll have cooler than normal temps for gameday, with high temps in the low 50s (59/37F is typical for 11/6). And with regard to precip, models are all over the map with a potential low pressure system on Friday into Saturday, with most models showing the system staying well to our south, but one showing it coming very close and another showing moderate rainfall for us. Going to take a few days for the rainfall part of the forecast to shape up.

Let's hope for some decent weather, as it would be nice to get a good crowd in here, coming off a huge road win. No predictions this week (I did predict we'd beat Illinois, but I rarely make football predictions) other than to say that I think this will be a competitive close game. We'll see.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.44192105230084&lat=40.523894134772064#.YX3mv57MJ3g

There's no doubt that we move into a much cooler pattern this coming week, as I mentioned the other day in the IL weather thread, given that we have a major trough coming through for the eastern 2/3 of the country, with plenty of cool to cold high pressure behind it for the week, with temps generally somewhat below normal (and our first freeze possible for areas NW of 95 on Weds night).

While we're a week out and uncertainty, as always, for this far out is pretty high, it's very likely we'll have cooler than normal temps for gameday, with high temps in the low 50s (59/37F is typical for 11/6). And with regard to precip, models are all over the map with a potential low pressure system on Friday into Saturday, with most models showing the system staying well to our south, but one showing it coming very close and another showing moderate rainfall for us. Going to take a few days for the rainfall part of the forecast to shape up.

Let's hope for some decent weather, as it would be nice to get a good crowd in here, coming off a huge road win. No predictions this week (I did predict we'd beat Illinois, but I rarely make football predictions) other than to say that I think this will be a competitive close game. We'll see.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.44192105230084&lat=40.523894134772064#.YX3mv57MJ3g
Our old RU gang is assembling in NJ for the game, with festivities beginning Friday, the game on Saturday, then we're hiking the 73-mile NJ span of AT beginning Sunday. So, no doubt, the weather will be an added challenge. I'll be following your forecast closely, #s.

Our old RU gang is assembling in NJ for the game, with festivities beginning Friday, the game on Saturday, then we're hiking the 73-mile NJ span of AT beginning Sunday. So, no doubt, the weather will be an added challenge. I'll be following your forecast closely, #s.
Sounds like fun - how long does it take to do 73 miles?

Until Wednesday the forecast for the weekend is there is a chance of sun and rain. Could be warm or cold. Check back later.

There should be no excuse regardless of the weather against a team we have never beaten. Unfortunately Ash killed the program with his lack of effort in recruiting and promotion over 3+ years. This is as important a game as any since Rutgers entered the conference . It is time for a signature win against an opponent who will attempt to shove the ball down our throats next Saturday.

There should be no excuse regardless of the weather against a team we have never beaten. Unfortunately Ash killed the program with his lack of effort in recruiting and promotion over 3+ years. This is as important a game as any since Rutgers entered the conference . It is time for a signature win against an opponent who will attempt to shove the ball down our throats next Saturday.
This we agree on 110%. Someone on TOS asked me why I bother with gameday weather threads, as people should just go to the games regardless. I agreed, but unfortunately, we have a seriously fair weather fanbase, where actual rain kills attendance and even the threat of rain hurts attendance.

Numbers I always agreed with you you just didn’t see it then... LOL.. The team needs to come out with the attitude that come hell nor high water we are going to punch them in the mouth all day . Looking forward to seeing US be the upsetter of the day.

Reactions: RU848789
Then maybe u should have thought of that before editing my post in your reply

You started it. Be better
actually you started it with a mild jab and I responded with a mild insult and then you went to defcon1 for some reason with a post designed to get the thread locked... classic troll move but not unexpected...

actually you started it with a mild jab and I responded with a mild insult and then you went to defcon1 for some reason with a post designed to get the thread locked... classic troll move but not unexpected...

no you ACTUALLY ALTERED MY POST in the quoted thread..own that

they do it all the time...

you started it, who changed someones post first

you are beyond childish...who alters peoples post like that...so I just gave it right back to you and now you are the one crying...really odd behavior

just say well played and move on so we can go back to talking about weather not this

you started it, who changed someones post first

you are beyond childish...who alters peoples post like that...so I just gave it right back to you and now you are the one crying...really odd behavior

just say well played and move on so we can go back to talking about weather not this
Of course I altered it - it was a joke and I even used the FIFY to denote that - plenty of people do that. I don't care that you did the same, but you didn't have to bring in hot words that get threads locked/deleted - that was uncalled for. Let's move on.

Not sure which thread got more bizarre - the stones thread or this one.

Anyway I for one appreciate the long term weather threads. I know that it's impossible to reliably predict precipitation. But temperature trends are largely predictable.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
they do it all the time...
Numbers went and changed what bac said in a post, How the F can you go into someone's thread and change what they wrote? This is beyond childish. I don't care if it's a joke or not. This should carry a suspension of some sort. I just found out you can alter what someone posted by quoting and replying. That's more bizarre than the stones thread.

Numbers went and changed what bac said in a post, How the F can you go into someone's thread and change what they wrote? This is beyond childish. I don't care if it's a joke or not. This should carry a suspension of some sort. I just found out you can alter what someone posted by quoting and replying. That's more bizarre than the stones thread.
Why stop at suspension? There should be a public shaming before the Wisconsin game and an execution at the Athlete’s Glen! This is very serious!

I don't understand. People on this board alter other people's posts and write FIFY a lot. Is there something wrong with that? Or is this different somehow??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT