ADVERTISEMENT

What did Tominaga say?

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
He got a 3 & said something to the fans sitting court side & behind. Crowd booed like crazy

Anyone know what he said?

Other than Noah catching him (which probably would have been called a foul anyway), the video shows that Noah did what he could reasonably do to back off once the shot was attempted. He acted like a very experienced player who knows the rules in this case.

Reactions: RU MAN
Look at his feet when he jumps to shoot and look where they are on landing. Shrewd, desperate try. Ref made the right call.
Good call Twister. I didn’t see it at first but you’re right. His feet are together on the shot but on the way down he inconspicuously moves his left foot out a little, like he’s aiming for Noah’s foot.

He 100% did. WTF are you looking at?
Call me whatever names you want, but I have to agree with FInalFourOrBust.. I watched the replay of the shot many times in slow motion (0.25 speed) and I don't see it the way you guys do. Tominaga was already in the air shooting when Noah, and his foot (that Tominaga's left foot landed on) finally stopped moving forward and planted. I'm glad that no foul was called, but Tominaga didn't flop and I do not see him intentionally extending his left leg toward Noah's foot. It looks more like his right leg moved backward and to the right slightly, away from Noah, but his left foot came straight down onto Noah's foot.

He got a 3 & said something to the fans sitting court side & behind. Crowd booed like crazy

Anyone know what he said?
He wasn't more than 20 feet from me when he made what we thought was a combo of a shush and an L (for loser) aimed at us fans, so we all kind of flipped out in our area. Smug little prick - so glad he had that airball at the end.

Call me whatever names you want, but I have to agree with FInalFourOrBust.. I watched the replay of the shot many times in slow motion (0.25 speed) and I don't see it the way you guys do. Tominaga was already in the air shooting when Noah, and his foot (that Tominaga's left foot landed on) finally stopped moving forward and planted. I'm glad that no foul was called, but Tominaga didn't flop and I do not see him intentionally extending his left leg toward Noah's foot. It looks more like his right leg moved backward and to the right slightly, away from Noah.
It’s obvious to anyone who isn’t a homer. I’m glad it wasn’t called too but it is what it is. These same people would be crying “Rutgers screw” if the situation was reversed.

Reactions: RULegacy
He wasn't more than 20 feet from me when he made what we thought was a combo of a shush and an L (for loser) aimed at us fans, so we all kind of flipped out in our area. Smug little prick - so glad he had that airball at the end.

Thanks.

I just watched the end of the game on TV when I got home. Was pleased to see that Simpson turned around and gave him the shush sign after is first FT that went in. 🤫

Call me whatever names you want, but I have to agree with FInalFourOrBust.. I watched the replay of the shot many times in slow motion (0.25 speed) and I don't see it the way you guys do. Tominaga was already in the air shooting when Noah, and his foot (that Tominaga's left foot landed on) finally stopped moving forward and planted. I'm glad that no foul was called, but Tominaga didn't flop and I do not see him intentionally extending his left leg toward Noah's foot. It looks more like his right leg moved backward and to the right slightly, away from Noah, but his left foot came straight down onto Noah's foot.
It was absolutely a flop you’re kidding right? He fell back like he was pushed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT