ADVERTISEMENT

Where's our Russell Wilson (grad transfer QB) for Next Year?

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Is there any team more in need of an upgrade at QB than we are? Any announced or likely to announce, who might consider it? Could make a huge difference for us.

Brandon Wimbush would be nice, but he's probably going to Ohio St or some other bigger name program

Reactions: biker7766
Is there any team more in need of an upgrade at QB than we are? Any announced or likely to announce, who might consider it? Could make a huge difference for us.
Won’t matter who QB. The quality of our WRs is pathetic. They aren’t even high school JV level.

The problem is, even with the available playing time, how would Rutgers convince a grad transfer QB to come here and throw to this group of WRs?
This is the problem. It’s a pathetic WR group. Over 75% of them should be switched to defense to try to get some use from them. It’s amazing that not 1 WR on this roster is D1 level.

The problem is, even with the available playing time, how would Rutgers convince a grad transfer QB to come here and throw to this group of WRs?

Any guy who's talented, but probably not the starter next year, cares a lot more about playing time than WRs. And we know ours might not be great, but they can do better, especially with a better OL and QB.

Any guy who's talented, but probably not the starter next year, cares a lot more about playing time than WRs. And we know ours might not be great, but they can do better, especially with a better OL and QB.
Any guy who’s talented doesn’t want to look untalented because no one can get open or catch his passes. There will be multiple options for the few decent grad transfer QBs, and Rutgers will not be an attractive one.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Why can't that QB be Chatman?

Wilson was lightly recruited when he signed on with NC State.

Wilson:

Chatman:

C'mon, I've probably posted about Chatman more than anyone, even starting a thread on him, but clearly he's viewed so poorly he didn't even get a snap with the worst quarterbacked team in history. Plus, I'd rather get a proven QB for next year and let Chatman get his feet wet in some games (wish we had done that this year).

C'mon, I've probably posted about Chatman more than anyone, even starting a thread on him, but clearly he's viewed so poorly he didn't even get a snap with the worst quarterbacked team in history. Plus, I'd rather get a proven QB for next year and let Chatman get his feet wet in some games (wish we had done that this year).
So you are writing him off because our knucklehead coaches did not play him?

So you are writing him off because our knucklehead coaches did not play him?

Where do you see me writing him off? I'd just rather get a proven, seasoned QB than any of our current QBs, but I'd also like to see Chatman at least get a shot. I just think our coaches undervalue dual threat QBs, as I've said many times - it's part of the reason we didn't see the value in Flacco, IMO.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Maybe we should give that 350lb kid from Indiana a shot.

Thought this thread might prompt some suggestions of grad transfers (or jucos). I don't follow this stuff closely enough to know the potential folks out there, other than Hurts from Bama and Wimbush from ND, both of whom I'd take in a heartbeat and who would immediately start here - but getting them to come here is probably a tall order (unless Wimbush wants to be closer to home and is thinking more about his post-football life, where an RU grad degree can open a lot of doors).

Thought this thread might prompt some suggestions of grad transfers (or jucos). I don't follow this stuff closely enough to know the potential folks out there, other than Hurts from Bama and Wimbush from ND, both of whom I'd take in a heartbeat and who would immediately start here - but getting them to come here is probably a tall order (unless Wimbush wants to be closer to home and is thinking more about his post-football life, where an RU grad degree can open a lot of doors).
Your Old Buddy Knight Shift has your back, but not a lot here.

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-2019/
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3728240/kelly-bryant

Reactions: RU848789
If Lewis transfers because he never got a real chance here and Ash brings in a grad transfer running quarterback who attempted one pass in 3 years at Colorado State, that will sure win over the fanbase.
I was not advocating the the Colorado State guy- that's all who was on that board. There have to be more. Isn't Wimbush going to be available?

We developed Teel, he had a terrible freshman year. Look, WR might be down, but we have multiple athletic tight ends, an excellent receiving RB and a very good running running back. There is some talent. Vs. the best rushing defense in the country, I thought the OL was solid.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I was not advocating the the Colorado State guy- that's all who was on that board. There have to be more. Isn't Wimbush going to be available?
Wimbush is a huge get for someone. i Just have trouble believing he would come to RU with our WR group and the amount of hits our QB takes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT