ADVERTISEMENT

Will OOC games at least be on the radio?

SJScarlet

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
Someone should ask Jerry Recco on Twitter if any/all OOC games Rutgers plays will get radio coverage, hopefully the answer is yes. TV/streaming seems like an iffy proposition for any of these fluid OOC games (although it shouldn’t be that hard to set up a camera and stream, I have no faith that will happen). It would be nice to be able to listen in at least.

I don’t know about BTN plus. 5 days til a not officially documented opener, maybe they’ll announce streaming coverage via BTN plus at the last minute but not holding my breath. I’ll sign up for a month if they do though! Just can’t see getting production/announcers out to all these schools like they do in normal circumstances with everything being so fluid.

Although interestingly, was just perusing BTN.com and they do show a broadcast of FDU at Rutgers on BTN on the 27th, so it does seem they have their act together to broadcast these early games. And on the 25th, they show a bunch of other team openers on BTN, we just weren’t picked for a tv broadcast sadly. So hopefully we do see Sacred Heart Rutgers loaded into a BTN plus schedule in the next few days for those who want to watch the first game.

Reactions: RUDieHard
If this game isn't on TV there is no way RU doesn't broadcast or stream on their own

I can't imagine BTN+ isn't an option for 11/25...they probably have it already lined up but since it isn't announced, officially, they can't post it yet...

We are ranked. We are going to get more air time than in the past. Even against the on paper over matched opponents. We are an attractive team.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Is there really still a chance we open the season on Wednesday of next week? What are they waiting for?

They’re not going to have a game without fans with zero video coverage somewhere.
They might... I can see a contractual issue with broadcast rights. If you are BTN/FOX and select other games at the same time to broadcast.. do you want a KnightVision broadcast at the same time taking away possible viewers in this market?

I dunno.. but I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues like that to consider.

Looks like it will btn+ game if it happens. bTN released their schedule for on air and RU game is not included in a list of 6 consecutive games starting at 12PM

Reactions: Local Shill
It will be on pay-per-view just like the women’s game and everyone here will complain

It will be on pay-per-view just like the women’s game and everyone here will complain
Everyone? Not really. This is our 7th year in the conference - most low-profile non-conference games are on BTN Plus

Considering there was a time not that long ago when the only options were radio or in person, we’re spoiled now. I’m happy to pay $9.95 to watch what’s usually a handful of games.

If anyone doesn’t know the drill by now, there’s nothing left to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT