ADVERTISEMENT

WSJ U.S.College Rankings released. Rutgers #130. 12th in BIG

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
Today the WSJ released their college rankings. While I don’t agree with how they rank, RU did rank near the bottom for most state schools and in the BIG. The article is behind a pay site but here is link. At the end of the day perception is reality.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/explore-the-full-wsj-the-college-rankings-11567638555

11) Northwestern
27) Michigan
46) Purdue
47) Illinois
67) Wisconsin
75) Maryland
81) Mich state
86) TOSU
95) Minnesota
105) Pedd state
123) Indiana
130) Rutgers
150) Iowa
400-500) Nebraska

Today the WSJ released their college rankings. While I don’t agree with how they rank, RU did rank near the bottom for most state schools and in the BIG. The article is behind a pay site but here is link. At the end of the day perception is reality.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/explore-the-full-wsj-the-college-rankings-11567638555

11) Northwestern
27) Michigan
46) Purdue
47) Illinois
67) Wisconsin
75) Maryland
81) Mich state
86) TOSU
95) Minnesota
105) Pedd state
123) Indiana
130) Rutgers
150) Iowa
400-500) Nebraska
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Rutgers is number 48 IN THE WORLD by the CWUR !!!

Last edited:
I have the WSJ issue that details the criteria (at least a little). One criterion is the amount of resources the school has, and RU-New Brunswick does *terribly* on that measure. It seem to me weird to measure imputs rather than outputs, but that's how these rankings generally work. . OTOH, the school is #50 in being the best value.But even there we are inferior to a number of B1G schools.

Let me quote something that all high school students ought to hear: " Research shows again and again that what matters in the end isn't so much where hou go to college that counts, but how you go. What you major in, how hard you study, where you intern and what connectons and relationshipshoubuild with classmates and rofessors can trump the name of the institution on the diploma."

Reactions: RUnTeX
Rutgers is number 48 IN THE WORLD by the CWUR !!!

I don't take any rankings too seriously, as we could devise a formula that could make us #4 or #2,348. But either of those is more valid than that "national champions" nonsense. Heck, even in 1869, Princeton kicked our ass the second time so it's at best a split.

I do look forward to the ice hockey one, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT