ADVERTISEMENT

WTF ESPN!!!! My recording didnt extend!!!!

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME???

Between work and kids I couldn't watch live so I recorded like I do every game (have it preset to record all Rutgers games).

I just finished but........
My recording stopped right at 2 hours!!!!
Literally in the middle of OT.
80-79 after Simpson 3. Just as Hostra's next 3 went into the air at 2m20s. WTF!

Couldn't watch the ending and had to go online to check the score.
This has never happened on BTN or any other channel all year.

My YoutubeTV DVR recording of the ESPNU game was really bad too... I was able to see most of the game and the end, but for some reason during every timeout, instead of a minute or two of commercials, I got about 8 minutes or more of commercials, and couldn't exit, fast forward, or skip through them... Never had to deal with that before... I could fast forward through the game, but I was stuck having to watch more than eight minutes of idiotic commercials and time fillers during each timeout or commercial break.. I wonder if it was YoutubeTV, or ESPNU, that was responsible.

I've never had that problem during recorded B1G games or any other games, and it was a DVR recording, not a video on demand recording (that you can't fast forward through)... . I ended up clicking on another tv program to exit the game each time, and then I went back to the RU-Hofstra game and chose a starting point somewhere past the commercial spot, but doing that caused me to miss some of the game each time.. Royal pain in the butt,.. If that ever becomes the norm for youtubetv game recordings, it'll be time to switch to Hulu, Fubo, etc..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT