ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLGY 3/4 : NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

SHU hard to figure. They look good
Who said no one

Yale and cornell have 2 games with power 6 schools

not sure why rutgers would think a neutral site game is for anyones benefit other than Princeton and politicians who wanted us to play in shithole Trenton
Princeton has much more gravitas or reputation than Cornell and Yale. Just does.

SHU looks like tough out. Wouldn’t want to play them.

Think clinched birth. Reward is maybe play Nova again.

Think helps Iowa.

Nova still in the field.....do they have to beat Creighton to stay in...I am worried about heading into the BE tourney at just 17-14...they will not get in at 17-15 so they better beat the Bluejays

Florida Atlantic and Michigan State in tight games right now. Those results along with the Nova loss will determine who replaces SHU in the last 4 in grouping

Nova yuck with those 3 horrible losses. Penn by the way is 11-17.

Last edited:
Sparty survives....just about a lock....still I think they need to win at Indiana to avoid any possibilty of having to play in Dayton

Northwestern already locked in the field

MSU wins. They win ugly. They play hard. Not sure I’d pick them even first round.

Annoys me to no end that we gave away home game last year to MSG and then an away game last year.

And then again away game this year. So ridiculously unfair.

Would have loved MSU at home this year.

Rip away!

Texas A&M up 45-32 over Mississippi State. I do not think the Bulldogs are safe yet and a loss tonight could drop them to the 10 line. Aggies trying to stay alive on the outskirts and overcome the 4 Q3 losses

BYU leading ISU at half. If they hold on may be way better than I thought.

Then I fell asleep thinking Texas would beat Baylor.

Basketball it does
Oh, basketball -- certainly!! Princeton basketball has been distinctive since the days of Pete Carril. I think it's a good team to play because an opponent has to learn to fight over screens and be to protect against backdoor cuts. OTOH, losing to Princeton is embarrassing.

Does anyone else remember what a big deal the ACC tournament used to be? Conference tournaments meant something when they determined which team was going to the NCAA. Now they're just another TV moneymaker.
There s still a lot of pride in conference tournaments!

Who can forget how much passion Calhoun / Boeheim / Wright and the old 1980s coaching core had with wanting to win the BET

BET was such an event !

MSU wins. They win ugly. They play hard. Not sure I’d pick them even first round.

Annoys me to no end that we gave away home game last year to MSG and then an away game last year.

And then again away game this year. So ridiculously unfair.

Would have loved MSU at home this year.

Rip away!
We ll kick their ass next year at the RAC. It ll be a home game next season.

I don't see Sparty as a lock . Their game with IU this weekend will be a tough one as they have been playing better. Lose that one and IMO the First Round game of the Big Ten Tourney becomes a mandatory win for them.

Agreed with Bac on the Hall. Unless they do something stupid vs DePaul they're in. That was a big one for them last night.

Oh, basketball -- certainly!! Princeton basketball has been distinctive since the days of Pete Carril. I think it's a good team to play because an opponent has to learn to fight over screens and be to protect against backdoor cuts. OTOH, losing to Princeton is embarrassing.
I don’t think it’s embarrassing. It’s not a bad loss.

Reactions: Bayonnebomber79
I don't see Sparty as a lock . Their game with IU this weekend will be a tough one as they have been playing better. Lose that one and IMO the First Round game of the Big Ten Tourney becomes a mandatory win for them.

Agreed with Bac on the Hall. Unless they do something stupid vs DePaul they're in. That was a big one for them last night.
the metrics say otherwise, last night was the one that locked them in because it avoided the posssibility of a 15th loss....18-14 with those net in top 25..currently 22, sos of 15/40. Yes last night was just their 4th win over a team in the field so that was important.

9-12 in Q1/2...they have zero losses outside Q3...this is what will get them over the top should they finish 18-14. If you compare them to a New Mexico with a Q4. Fla Atlantic with 2 Q4, Mississippi St with a Q4, Pitt 2 Q3, Texas A&M 4 Q3 losses!.....clean profiles are really valued. Its why Virginia still in the field now and Colorado is right there too. A lose to Indiana is Q2 and a first round Big Ten tourney loss is Q2 as welll....yeah 9-14 does not look so hot but its 14-14 in Q1/2/3

I do think that if they lose to Indiana they definitely risk being in first four

In late night activity New Mexico easily got by Fresno State..up to 26 in NET and that game at Utah State in the finale looms large for them..huge opportunity at the Mountain West leader

Utah State avoided any slipup at San Jose State and can wrap up the Mountain West regular season title with a home win over New Mexico. A loss could potential set up a tie for first that could include UNLV/Nevada/Boise

big games.....UNLV at Nevada, Boise State at San Diego State,

LAST FOUR BYES: MISSISSIPPI STATE, OKLAHOMA, SETON HALL, FLORIDA ATLANTIC

LAST FOUR IN: SAINT JOHN'S, VIRGINIA, VILLANOVA, NEW MEXICO

FIRST FOUR OUT: UTAH, PROVIDENCE, IOWA, COLORADO

NEXT FOUR OUT: TEXAS A & M, WAKE FOREST, PITTSBURGH, MEMPHIS

ON DECK: VIRGINIA TECH, DRAKE, BUTLER, OHIO STATE, JAMES MADISON, UNLV, MISSISSIPPI, KANSAS STATE

Reactions: G- RUnit
Virginia/Villanova would be good too.
yes...I would sign on for this first four right now...we could swap Nova out for Michigan State

In fact throwing Florida Atlantic down in that mix too should they stumble in their finale and not win the AAC will be good tv

Seton Hall being 4-2 vs the other 3 Big East bubbles huge. I think they are in the field but a loss in the BE tourney quarters could put them in the first four.

Nova is 3-3...they have to beat Creighton, I do not think a 18-15 or 17-15 can make the tourney, I believe only Vandy at 19-15 made the tourney with 15 losses

St Johns is 3-3....needs to win over Georgetown and looking like a possible meeting with SHU in the Big East quarters where a win puts them in

PC is 2-4...a win over UConn can put them in for now

Last edited:
This is where you wonder.
UConn & Creighton all set.
Much better for league if Providence and Nova win and repercussions for UConn and Creighton (maybe) aren’t that big.
Rest players?

Pitino war would be great for TV. Have to think CBS chomping at the bit.
Think Nova could easily handle UVA.
Wonder if St. John would be frustrated by UVA pace.

This is where you wonder.
UConn & Creighton all set.
Much better for league if Providence and Nova win and repercussions for UConn and Creighton (maybe) aren’t that big.
Rest players?

Pitino war would be great for TV. Have to think CBS chomping at the bit.
Think Nova could easily handle UVA.
Wonder if St. John would be frustrated by UVA pace.
Providence isnt beating UConn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT