ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/27 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS... 3/1 Update***Rutgers projected 8 seed***

if we win our last 2, would that be enough to get to a 7? Would also rather not play MSU in B1G first round given how well they have shot the 3 recently (and nebby is who we thought they were). Or Iowa.
if we finish 12-8 in B1G, what is the likely seed we will get in Chicago?
it doesn’t seem the committee put much stock on major conference tourneys for seeding in recent years (short of winning the conf tourney and bid)

Want OSU to beat an overrated MD team

if we win our last 2, would that be enough to get to a 7? Would also rather not play MSU in B1G first round given how well they have shot the 3 recently (and nebby is who we thought they were). Or Iowa.
if we finish 12-8 in B1G, what is the likely seed we will get in Chicago?
it doesn’t seem the committee put much stock on major conference tourneys for seeding in recent years (short of winning the conf tourney and bid)

Want OSU to beat an overrated MD team
the seeding stuff is so complicated right now I dont even want to go there...i guess we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 10th, Im assuming we clinched away from the 11-14 range but havent seen that official anywhere hear maybe i missed it

you are correct not going to get alot of movement in seeding in tourneys, obviously though making the finals will give us a bump somewhere

we can get 7 but I really think we are up against it because of the other big ten schools around us and those 3 losses. I just think our most likely scenario is the 8/9 line with an outside shot at 7 if say Maryland or NW starts losing 2-3 games to end the year, thats when we can sneak up

Reactions: scarletrat
Hopefully if stuck at 8/9 along with Illinois, they would send them to Des Moines.
& a potential RU matchup with Houston, not Alabama In Birmingham. More winnable & tied to West Region in Vegas

Last edited:
I did not know about Tennessee starting point guard getting hurt.

Thanks GimmeSomeMore!

What does that do for their seeding?
Tennessee just announced the kid has an ACL tear and out for year. Tough break for him and them. Not sure how much this will be accounted for in seeding but i suspect they are considerably worse today than they were yesterday

West Virginia is 5-11 in the Big 12. In the Church of What's Happening Lately, WVU is wandering around in the desert. wonder if anyone knows the all-time worst conference record was for a team making the NCAA tourney?
1) Conference record isn't used by the committee
2) Assume you mean at large bids it looks like Iowa St in 1992, 5-9 in the old Big Eight. There have been other teams that won a conference tournament, like Georgia in 2008 that was 4-12 in the SEC.

Bac I think we are 10 at WORST probably 8. Win at Minn, Northwestern a rock fight, but a win on senior day. Even out an early exit in BIG 10 could be a blessing in disguise..

Going to try my hand at a rooting guide for tonight, though I know none of these are all that important except the B1G ones. Experts please assist.

Xavier Providence
Bama Auburn
UMD OSU
Vandy
Kentucky
Pitt ND
PSU
🤮NW
Utah St UNLV
Missouri LSU
G’town
Creighton

Reactions: bac2therac
Going to try my hand at a rooting guide for tonight, though I know none of these are all that important except the B1G ones. Experts please assist.

Xavier Providence
Bama Auburn
UMD OSU
Vandy
Kentucky
Pitt ND
PSU
🤮NW
Utah St UNLV
Missouri LSU
G’town
Creighton
Nailed it, except don't think we really need to worry about Utah State.

Reactions: RU23
the seeding stuff is so complicated right now I dont even want to go there...i guess we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 10th, Im assuming we clinched away from the 11-14 range but havent seen that official anywhere hear maybe i missed it
For the conference tournament we can’t finish worse than the 9 seed. 3 teams cannot match our ten wins (Nebraska now 8-11, Ohio St, Minny). Worst case scenario is 3-way tie for 9th with PSU and Wisconsin at 10-10. We win tiebreakers vs both and 3-0 combined in mini-conference scenario.

Reactions: bac2therac
A lot of interesting halftime scores.

Auburn up at Alabama
Vandy up at Kentucky
Notre Dame up big on Pitt
Maryland continuing their road struggles at Ohio State, down 6

Pittsburgh dying to get on the 11 line and avoid a matchup with a 2 seed in the second round.

looks like Xavier is going to hold on at Providence...good news for the RU seed line. Xavier probably pushing to the 4 in my bracket. I have TCU but that was by default not by merit

Reactions: RUDieHard

Xavier Providence
Bama Auburn
UMD OSU
Vandy
Kentucky
Pitt ND
PSU
🤮NW
Utah St UNLV
Missouri LSU
G’town
Creighton
Am I crazy for rooting for NW? If we want the double bye we need to win out anyway and would by default be 12-8 with NW and have beaten them twice. That would help any mini conference tiebreaker scenarios

Sounds like Bama getting a bunch of ejections. They're such a likeable bunch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT