ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/27 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS... 3/1 Update***Rutgers projected 8 seed***

So explain again. Pitt loses to ND and has no impact, but people saying we lose to MN and we are teetering.
yes Pitt is likely to drop from a 9 to the lowest 10. With a trip to Miami next,which they wont win a first round acc tourney loss could bounce them or place them in the first four games

Pitt has no real impact to Michigans resume

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Missouri moneyline at halftime was the easiest bet ever (I did not make it but I would've if I saw these splits). You can still get them +135.

Reactions: fatsam98
Well I thought Pitt would end up in quad 1 for Michigan. That isn’t looking too likely now. I wonder how much Pitt drops from the loss.
tough to say, im eyeballing on 10 line but I would have to compare resumes tomorrow after the new numbers come out

Big road Q1 win for PSU... how close does that put PSU to getting in?
have to see when the new numbers come into tomorrow. I think they are still out. Really need to win at Maryland I think. Honestly though they have better wins than NC State and Auburn at this point but there are other things though that ding them in metrics

have to see when the new numbers come into tomorrow. I think they are still out. Really need to win at Maryland I think. Honestly though they have better wins than NC State and Auburn at this point but there are other things though that ding them in metrics
Weirdly if they project in, this gives us another two wins versus tourney teams. I assume if we tank last three- this has to be a huge plus. Right?

They get Maryland at home actually and Maryland really has been bad on the road all season this year

PSU might find a way to sneak into the tournament

Meh. Hard to justify if RU beat them twice plus Purdue away. RU was 10 ahead in the NET before this loss. We win next two we are ahead in NCAA seeding by far.
Both teams would be 20-11. Rutgers with the sweep, better record in conference, would be 5-5 on the road in league plus the Ohio State * game... better NET by a bunch unless the MN game torpedoes it... Injuries affected our non conference losses except SHU... I think we would have a strong argument.

Reactions: mugrat86 and goru7
Weirdly if they project in, this gives us another two wins versus tourney teams. I assume if we tank last three- this has to be a huge plus. Right?
well it could work against us because now there is nothing team competing but we do have better wins than them...though head to head sometimes wont matter.

Both teams would be 20-11. Rutgers with the sweep, better record in conference, would be 5-5 on the road in league plus the Ohio State * game... better NET by a bunch unless the MN game torpedoes it... Injuries affected our non conference losses except SHU... I think we would have a strong argument.
committee will not care about the ohio state game. Northwestern is about two notches ahead of us right now in resume mainly because rutgers has 3 Q3 losses and Northwestern does not have a loss outside Q2. RU will get dinged for seeding based on that Q3 mark. NW also has I think 8 wins vs schools in the field if you include Michigan. RU has 6. Its not just RU vs Northwestern. Its a whole slew of similar teams from the middle of 6 seed line to middle of nine seed.. Thats about 12 schools you have to try and seed and seperate. There are some advantages RU has but disadvantages as well.

obviously RU annexing a win vs Northwestern will close the gap considerably

They get Maryland at home actually and Maryland really has been bad on the road all season this year

PSU might find a way to sneak into the tournament
yeah 1-8 away in conf. and "a lock" with nobody questioning their ability to win on the road...funny. oh I forgot they Lo Ville lol.

I don't see 8 wins against the field for NW if PSU steals the Wisconsin slot. Say Purdue wins tomorrow... I would say PSU deserves it more than Wisconsin. Add another win for us (two counting the hypothetical NW win), take away two from them, and poof. All that is left if the Q3 argument. Temple game was played minus two starters. SHU and Nebraska, well...

Reactions: goru7
Wisconsin has better wins including beating BE champ Marquette who might be a two seed. They also swept Penn State. Their sos is 11/66 and they have 6 wins vs the field if you include Michigan. At this time and I think even with a loss vs Purdue, Wisconsin is still ahead of Penn State. The issue for Wisconsin is next loss puts them at 16-13 and they will need to be 4 games over 500 if they want to get in.

I don't see 8 wins against the field for NW if PSU steals the Wisconsin slot. Say Purdue wins tomorrow... I would say PSU deserves it more than Wisconsin. Add another win for us (two counting the hypothetical NW win), take away two from them, and poof. All that is left if the Q3 argument. Temple game was played minus two starters. SHU and Nebraska, well...
also NW beat PSU once and you need to subtract a RU win vs field if you remove wisconsin

the injury thing wont matter because the Mag injury cancels that out. we arent as good as our profile with mag out, if you try to consider the injuries early as why we lost then they also will consider we dont have mag and arent as good

plus the injury was one game...Temple, no shame in losing at Miami. We lost to SHU at home with a full squad and also lost Magless to Nebby

Last edited:
yeah 1-8 away in conf. and "a lock" with nobody questioning their ability to win on the road...funny. oh I forgot they Lo Ville lol.
its 2-8 but point is correct...the road mark will come into play if they cannot win at Penn State. Thats where their seeding drop concern lies

They play Maryland at home

also NW beat PSU once and you need to subtract a RU win vs field if you remove wisconsin
I added one because we beat PSU 2x and Wisconsin once, so I already accounted for that.

If PSU wins Sunday and Wisconsin loses tomorrow, the Badgers will be the 11 seed and get to play Minnesota back to back to pad the record. That might be better for their NCAA hopes if you are right than finishing 10th. Say they did that and lose to the 7 seed to finish 17-14. Nervous selection Sunday for Wisconsin in that scenario, for sure. They are already on the brink in the bracket matrix.

its 2-8 but point is correct...the road mark will come into play if they cannot win at Penn State. Thats where their seeding drop concern lies
I'm having a brain lock here. I've looked at schedule over and over. Who besides MINY did they beat on the road...wow. F me.

I added one because we beat PSU 2x and Wisconsin once, so I already accounted for that.

If PSU wins Sunday and Wisconsin loses tomorrow, the Badgers will be the 11 seed and get to play Minnesota back to back to pad the record. That might be better for their NCAA hopes if you are right than finishing 10th. Say they did that and lose to the 7 seed to finish 17-14. Nervous selection Sunday for Wisconsin in that scenario, for sure. They are already on the brink in the bracket matrix.
Wisconsin has minnesota on sunday so they can go to 17-13....if they beat Minny again and then lose in next round, they are 18-14, Psu wins sunday loses first round they are 19-13. Have to see where everything falls but Wisky has better sos and better wins though PSU will have cut the gap with if they beat MD. Its will be close. In no way should Wisconsin be confident of going but as of today they are in and psu out.

but again its not just a case of Wisconsin vs Penn State, its them in a group of teams, you have Michigan in there too, North Carolina, North Carolina State, USC, Arizona State, Nevada

Mighty Louisville
yeah, that's what I said in my original reply. I thought there was another.
Beating that team away isn't exactly a Blue Ribbon.. but the Miami win is certainly worthy. But that's a Neutral. OK. we'll see. I just find it funny the difference in talk.. one team vs. another. One year vs. the next. Makes you crazy.

thanks.

They are just 5-12 in q1/2. Their only wins of note are Xavier and Creighton. With losses to Penn and Portland in Q3 and Q2 losses to Temple and Butler

I suppose they can get consideration but note Texas A&M with a better resume didnt make it despite their late surge in SEC tournament and Va Tech was not going to be selected if they lost in the ACC finals

Considered but 15 losses probably too much
Move up, my brotha! Thanks for all you do. Rutgers still fighting for double bye!

Wisconsin has minnesota on sunday so they can go to 17-13....if they beat Minny again and then lose in next round, they are 18-14, Psu wins sunday loses first round they are 19-13. Have to see where everything falls but Wisky has better sos and better wins though PSU will have cut the gap with if they beat MD. Its will be close. In no way should Wisconsin be confident of going but as of today they are in and psu out.

but again its not just a case of Wisconsin vs Penn State, its them in a group of teams, you have Michigan in there too, North Carolina, North Carolina State, USC, Arizona State, Nevada
What are the odds both PSU and Wisconsin get in?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT