ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

The first place Mets are doing great and will only do better when Wright, D'Arnaud, Parnell and Black get healthy.

The first place Mets are doing great and will only do better when Wright, D'Arnaud, Parnell and Black get healthy.

For some reason, I doubt you accepted the same excuses for the Yankees last year when everyone, and I mean practically everyone. was hurt.

But enjoy your past 2-week run of greatness. I'm sure it was a blast.

What do the Metsies and NYCBanker have in common ?
They both suffered through a scoreless weekend.

And the Yankees juggernaut continues, sweeping the Bosux in Boston.
Wait until we get Tanaka and Nova back.

Bartolo Colon is the first pitcher in MLB history to beat the same team (Baltimore) as a starting pitcher for seven different teams!

Mets 7 games over .500

Reactions: ntlrock1
I'm not a fan of a Bartolo start in the post-season, but man is he getting it done right now.

I'll admit i've been wondering, is Bartolo still on steroids? lol he's been that good...i doubt he is, but you never know.

The way he moves his fastball in and out, up and down throughout the strikezone is phenomenal. At 42 years old, steroids or not, the man just knows how to pitch. And he surprisingly fields his position really well for a big (being nice) guy!

Consider that you posted "The Mets are doing great" immediately after they were shutout two games in a row. Further consider that in the Haskins thread where he was on campus for multiple days you posted....."How many times did JG show up on campus; it turned out to be for nothing." So essentially you come to an RU Football Fanboard to consistently see the negative and bash RU Football....and continually see the positive and talk sh!t about how great everything and anything that the other teams (for instance Colon's pitching) your root for are doing.

Consider that you posted "The Mets are doing great" immediately after they were shutout two games in a row. Further consider that in the Haskins thread where he was on campus for multiple days you posted....."How many times did JG show up on campus; it turned out to be for nothing." So essentially you come to an RU Football Fanboard to consistently see the negative and bash RU Football....and continually see the positive and talk sh!t about how great everything and anything that the other teams (for instance Colon's pitching) your root for are doing.

You just figured that out ?
If I didn't have a sense of humor he's be on my ignore list.

I'll admit i've been wondering, is Bartolo still on steroids? lol he's been that good...i doubt he is, but you never know.

The way he moves his fastball in and out, up and down throughout the strikezone is phenomenal. At 42 years old, steroids or not, the man just knows how to pitch. And he surprisingly fields his position really well for a big (being nice) guy!

It wouldn't stun me, he did it before he could be doing it again.
Of course, I tend to think the percentage of users is pretty high.

Yep, I come to this board daily and send thousands of dollars to RU every year and watch every football game and go to several games a year because I'm negative on football. Stop mining my posts and get a life.

Thor is pitching on Tuesday, gotta admit I'm excited to see him pitch. Hope he never goes back to Vegas!

Catch the &od damn ball. Another error and the Phillies get TWO unearned runs. If I see another weak pop up I'm going to vomit. Gonna have to trade two great prospects to get hitting . Our lineup sucks

Why did Collins with bases loaded in the 8th and 1 out and have a rookie in his 1AB at the plate with a chance to break the game open? Dumb...could had Kirk N or Mayberry up there........Mets need a bopper and fast but of course Geren having Wright try to steal a base in a meaningless play causes Wright to be out a month and longer.......It's amazing team has played as well as it has without Wright and a hot D'Arnaud.......tribute to the Starting Pitching and to Familia.......Also when you lose 2 straight 1-0 games and can't score more than 3 runs in Philly's field - the light bulbs better go off about improving your hitting and making some type of trade.........Chips to trade: Gee (oh yeah - he's on DL as well); Montero (I don't see stardom for him)

Harvey, de'Grom, Snydergaard,Matz and Neise.(2016). D'naurd and Plawecki (keeping both?) Duda , Herrera, wright ....Reynolds ? Lagares and Grandy Cuddyer. Familia in pen Everyone else in organization is open to trade?? That leaves trading for Cuddyers replacement and trying to find a major league SS not two AAAA guys which one can't hit and the other can't catch

Well a big part of his sucess is his confidence and his complete lack of fear. I'm sure the experience he has helps in that regard. But he's walked one batter in 40 innings this season. ONE!!! That's amazing. That means he trusts his stuff and is not afraid to go after any hitter in any situation.

Harvey, de'Grom, Snydergaard,Matz and Neise.(2016). D'naurd and Plawecki (keeping both?) Duda , Herrera, wright ....Reynolds ? Lagares and Grandy Cuddyer. Familia in pen Everyone else in organization is open to trade?? That leaves trading for Cuddyers replacement and trying to find a major league SS not two AAAA guys which one can't hit and the other can't catch
The Tulowitzki speculation will definitely pick up as the weeks go by but it would most likely take Noah or Matz to get him. Given his remaining contract and the prospect requirements, I doubt the Mets will pull the trigger. I'd rather see the Mets target someone like JJ Hardy if Baltimore fall out of it.

ANOTHER SHIT PLAY BY THE DEFENSE. granderson must of thought Phillies fence was electric. Ball almost hit him in the damn head. Of course botched play leads to ANOTHER run.

Might make my tag line for this thread......" CATCH THE DAMN BALL"

ANOTHER SHIT PLAY BY THE DEFENSE. granderson must of thought Phillies fence was electric. Ball almost hit him in the damn head. Of course botched play leads to ANOTHER run.

Might make my tag line for this thread......" CATCH THE DAMN BALL"
Well Grandyman made up for it; to say the least.

Yep, I come to this board daily and send thousands of dollars to RU every year and watch every football game and go to several games a year because I'm negative on football. Stop mining my posts and get a life.

So you are suggesting that people don't read your posts because they are complete and utter nonsense? And to your donation comment.....how bout prove it or shut the duck up. And to your get a life comment, how bout you fng eat me.

I'll tell you what. Whoever the Mets call up and then call upon they seem to get the job done right now. Today it's Monell in a big spot. And for years I heard from Mets fans as well as some others that the Mets had no talent in their farm system.

Mets cruising to another win. Very interesting team this year.

Bartolo has gone 41 innings without issuing a walk.

So you are suggesting that people don't read your posts because they are complete and utter nonsense? And to your donation comment.....how bout prove it or shut the duck up. And to your get a life comment, how bout you fng eat me.
sorry don't suffer fools gladly

Want no part of Tulo at that price, injury history, and what it would take to get him (Matz and Noah are no-ways IMO).

Last edited:
Agree with many of the posters above.....want no part of Tulowitzki......he's old; injury prone...save the $ for Harvey; DeGrom, etc......I'd be very happy with a JJ Hardy type....also on D'arnaud / Plawecki - keep both especially given d'arnaud's injuries and have them catch 90/70 games with both finding another position to play 40 games as well...can see Plawecki at 1b and D'arnaud maybe as an OF / 3B.....

Agree with many of the posters above.....want no part of Tulowitzki......he's old; injury prone...save the $ for Harvey; DeGrom, etc......I'd be very happy with a JJ Hardy type....also on D'arnaud / Plawecki - keep both especially given d'arnaud's injuries and have them catch 90/70 games with both finding another position to play 40 games as well...can see Plawecki at 1b and D'arnaud maybe as an OF / 3B.....

What you said makes a lot of sense, but works better if one is LH and the other RH hitter. It may be that one, along with Monel, will work that way, with the other part of a package for a hitter or a SS.

I think Starlin Castro to the Mets for Gee (once he's back) and a mid-level prospect makes sense. The guy is in his prime and can put up 15-15-.280 and is signed for $11M a year for the next 4 years. Plus the Cubs need pitching and have tons of SS's.

There has to be a Mets-Cubs trade to be had. We need a shortstop, Shortstops they've got. They need pitching. We've got pitching in abundance..if thy are worried about running short at short if they make a deal we can offer Flores or Tejada. The Cubbies can have their pick.

Can't win division with John Mayberry JR. batting 3rd. I know guys need days off but we need someone who can actually play on those days. JMJ batted .100 for sillies last year

Is Collins losing his mind?...Why do you pinch hit for Plawecki to lead off? Plawecki can hit a HR or if he gets on - use a Pinch runner. And then to make matters worse, he has the ultimate minor leaguer - Monell - come up again in a big spot only to hit into a DP. Grandy should have been pinch hitting for the 3rd spot in the inning - not to lead off the inning.

Memo to Mr. Alderson: Please acquire some offense and some depth.....a bench of Mayberry; Niewenhuis; Monell is Minor league element......

You do realize that Monell came through with a 2 run double in a key spot late yesterday right? I guess he should get a hit every time. When nobody in the sport does so even a majority of the time.

Uh...Mr RU for Jersey...there's a reason why Mr. Monell is a 29 year old career minor leaguer with 11 MLB AB's to his credit.....or I guess every ML Team just never realized his immense talent except for the Mets......I also remember Mr. Monell with the bases loaded a few nights ago hitting one back to the pitcher for a DP with the bases loaded......You don't have scrubs come up in critical situations......even you should know that....the point of the post above was to have Granderson pinch hit in the 3rd spot in the 9th and not to waste it on a scrub like Monell.....No reason to pinch hit for Plawecki to lead off the inning.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT