ADVERTISEMENT

40-1 to win it all next year

That has to be, by far, the best odds we've ever had. I wonder how much it will change if we get a legit center.
If that’s true, the oddsmakers have higher expectations for this team, than most TKR
Board posters.
The standard has been raised. Hopefully the coaching staff can match expectations.
I am optimistic that is the case.
Go RU

I just looked it's now 30-1 and we have the (tied for) 9th lowest odds in the country to win it all. Pinch me...
This is where my expectation for next season is, more importantly now the odds makers are saying the same.
Just making the tournament is not good enough. This team needs to make sweet 16 to not be a disappointment with elite 8 being the expectation.
Preseason odds put us on the cusp of a 2 seed according to the oddsmakers.

How can they have odds on this when the roster isn't even set here or anywhere else?
Exactly. Take it with a grain of salt . Cant get too giddy over predictions. This coaching staff has a a lot of work to do .

Clickbait

I mean not really since I bet on it. It's a real line. And yes you could argue it's crazy to have lines with the portal still wide open and teams not close to being formed but it's just a market and odds will drop or go up as bets come in. Enough people have taken Rutgers already to lower it from 40-1 to 30-1.

This is where my expectation for next season is, more importantly now the odds makers are saying the same.
Just making the tournament is not good enough. This team needs to make sweet 16 to not be a disappointment with elite 8 being the expectation.
So I kinda agree with what you r saying but it’s so much harder than you think. See AZ (roster was LOADED) and KY. Neither made the elite 8. Many more examples.

Reactions: socaldave
Exactly. Take it with a grain of salt . Cant get too giddy over predictions. This coaching staff has a a lot of work to do .
It’s not a prediction, it’s an odds maker who runs a business with consequences, there is money on the line not some random prediction.
It is all on the coaches at this point

Last edited:
Can you please root for another team. We all know you will be the first one whining when we lose by 15 on a random day in February and will start calling fpr Pikes head. You just take up a lot of space on here with your miserable takes

Last edited:
It’s too early to predict anything beyond making the tournament. I’m excited as anyone else, but lots of really good teams don’t make it to the Sweet 16, so I wouldn’t say that’s a fair expectation. Just make the tournament as a high seed and don’t lose in the first round. That would be a realistic prediction at this point. We won’t have a clue about this team until conference play begins. I just hope that we can live in the top 25 and play well in the Big Ten tournament.

Reactions: dconifer
Can you please root for another time. We all know you will be the first one whining when we lose by 15 on a random day in February and will start calling fpr Pikes head
you will except mediocrity and make excuses for underperforming. Odds maker’s expectations in line with mine, pretty cool.
I will continue to discuss on a board you don’t own nor have censorship over.
Go RU!
There is always the ignore feature I suggest you use it.

Last edited:
Can you please root for another team, you will except mediocrity and make excuses for underperforming. Odds maker’s expectations in line with mine, pretty cool.
I will continue to discuss on a board you don’t own nor have censorship over.
Go RU!
There is always the ignore feature I suggest you use it.
*accept

If the oddsmaker were offering odds for “make the elite eight” I expect Rutgers’ would be longer than +100.

Not odds related, but another sign that we're not flying under the radar. Eyes are on the program now and the bets will follow.

They show our projected starting lineup. Which one doesn't look like the others?

Dylan Harper (No. 3 in ESPN 100)
Jeremiah Williams (12.2 PPG)
Tyson Acuff (21.7 PPG at Eastern Michigan)
Ace Bailey (No. 2 in ESPN 100)
Emmanuel Ogbole (2.1 PPG)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
They show our projected starting lineup. Which one doesn't look like the others?

Dylan Harper (No. 3 in ESPN 100)
Jeremiah Williams (12.2 PPG)
Tyson Acuff (21.7 PPG at Eastern Michigan)
Ace Bailey (No. 2 in ESPN 100)
Emmanuel Ogbole (2.1 PPG)
Ogbole’s rebounds per 40 min was very similar to Cliff’s. Ogbole is going to have to do damage with his back to the basket next year because he’s certainly not a stretch five at this point…and the pick and alley oop isn’t an option either.

Can it be clickbait if they are actually taking bets?
Of course it can…if you’re dumb enough to give them your money when team make ups…even two-time defending champ UConn, are not set…knock yourself out. It’s the nature of gambling…making financial decisions based on hunches, emotion and limited information. Sounds like our corrupt and inept feds 🤭

Of course it can…if you’re dumb enough to give them your money when team make ups…even two-time defending champ UConn, are not set…knock yourself out. It’s the nature of gambling…making financial decisions based on hunches, emotion and limited information. Sounds like our corrupt and inept feds 🤭
That's true. Just saying that's not what clickbait means. Clickbait is when you put up poorly researched stupid articles that people can't resist clicking to drive advertising revenue.

Reactions: socaldave
Ogbole’s rebounds per 40 min was very similar to Cliff’s. Ogbole is going to have to do damage with his back to the basket next year because he’s certainly not a stretch five at this point…and the pick and alley oop isn’t an option either.

Ogbole needs to be recruited over. He is a bench piece that should only play when there are significant foul issues in the front court. Maybe in a couple of years that changes.

I wonder OOC if our best lineup is

JWill
Dylan
Acuff (1st name escapes me)
Martini
Ace

no idea of what Somerville gives....but ogobole 15 sommerville 15 and no C 10 minutes?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT