ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Lax and Other Lax Games of Note This Weekend

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Duke beat UNC last night...good for RU as we don't want them stealing an at large.

Maryland and Michigan are tied at 2. Michigan's lax stadium and field are gorgeous and game is sold out. It's on BTN for anyone interested. Michigan is NOT going to be a pushover next week. They're for real.

Nova losing to Marquette, Denver losing to Georgetown.

Army beating Bucknell which would help our RPI.

Reactions: RUinSeattle
I know Cali loves it, as do the kids, but I would prefer seeing a jam-packed lax facility over playing in a 90% empty 52,000 seat stadium, perception-wise, every day of the week.

Reactions: Local Shill
Brown just beat Princeton 14-13 with the go ahead goal coming w/ :14 left.

Was saying all year how overrated OSU was. No way were they close to top 5 material. PSU is one to watch. They get their playmaker Ament back if he isn't already. They will give it a run in the B1G. Glad we have them at home.

That's an impressive win. Though OSU isn't the team they were, they are still tough at home.

Last edited:
Looks like Albany and Maryand are the two great teams and then there's everyone else. I could see a team getting a lucky draw in the tournament and with a couple of upsets not have to beat either Albany or Maryland and win it all.

Lotta lax to go. Big boy play starts now. Injuries and any myriad of things happen.

It's going to be an exciting conference season.

Looks like Albany and Maryand are the two great teams and then there's everyone else. I could see a team getting a lucky draw in the tournament and with a couple of upsets not have to beat either Albany or Maryland and win it all.
Saw that Albany's FOG won 24 of 24 against Stony Brook. Has an over 80% win rate this year.

I’m fine with whatever just let us get in AND avoid either Albany or Maryland until Foxboro

Was saying all year how overrated OSU was. No way were they close to top 5 material. PSU is one to watch. They get their playmaker Ament back if he isn't already. They will give it a run in the B1G. Glad we have them at home.

That's an impressive win. Though OSU isn't the team they were, they are still tough at home.

Love having them, Michigan, and Hopkins at home this year.

I'm a Maryland guy, but I don't agree that either team is unbeatable. In addition to the Albany loss, Maryland has been pushed several times. The same is true for Albany, who had a few close calls.

The B1G season is going to be very competitive and Rutgers will be right there with some big wins, in my opinion.

I'm a Maryland guy, but I don't agree that either team is unbeatable. In addition to the Albany loss, Maryland has been pushed several times. The same is true for Albany, who had a few close calls.

The B1G season is going to be very competitive and Rutgers will be right there with some big wins, in my opinion.
What are your thoughts on lax adding instant replay to the game and/or coaches challenges? Not sure if you watched the RU/Hopkins game, but there was a goal in the 3rd quarter that should've been disallowed because the shot clock hit zero. Brecht would've challenged that goal immediately if there was instant replay.

What are your thoughts on lax adding instant replay to the game and/or coaches challenges? Not sure if you watched the RU/Hopkins game, but there was a goal in the 3rd quarter that should've been disallowed because the shot clock hit zero. Brecht would've challenged that goal immediately if there was instant replay.

You're probably not going to like my answer -- apologies in advance.

I didn't see the game, and I'm sure your assessment of these erroneous is correct. But personally speaking, I don't think it's a winner's attitude to dwell on referee calls. I truly don't believe that the refs cared who won that game last night, and there were probably some miscalls that benefited Rutgers as well. Brecht and his team need to learn to win games like this. There's no substitute for that. For me, it's that simple.

In our dismal football season we had a lot of fans lamenting about bad calls in crucial situations. It's just not my way...

When a clear non goal is allowed and you lose by one, every fan base in the country is going to “lament” over it.

Lacrosse isn’t basketball. Every goal matters a lot. Especially in a 12-11 game. That wasn’t a missed push or offsides call. It was a non goal goal. In an extremely tight game where one more play was the difference. That matters.

If that happened to Hopkins at Hopkins, notorious for homer calls, they’d be apoplectic right now. And rightfully so.

I’m actually surprised more isn’t being made of it.

Last edited:
When a clear non goal is allowed and you lose by one, every fan base in the country is going to “lament” over it.

Lacrosse isn’t basketball. Every goal matters a lot. Especially in a 12-11 game. That wasn’t a missed push or offsides call. It was a non goal goal. That matters.

If that happened to Hopkins at Hopkins, notorious for homer calls, they’d be apoplectic right now. And rightfully so.

Not to mention our fanbase is extra paranoid about being dicked over by the NCAA after having it happen twice in a row. They say they want to grow the game? Well adding things that exist in 2018 such as instant replay would go a long way to doing that.

Reactions: Caliknight

Lacrosse isn’t basketball. Every goal matters a lot. Especially in a 12-11 game. That wasn’t a missed push or offsides call. It was a non goal goal. In an extremely tight game where one more play was the difference. That matters.

Good thing I'm not Brecht or I probably would've been fined by the B1G over comments by the refs in the media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT