ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tourney Today (Day 1)

RUfanSinceAnderson

All American
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
Note that for all the talk of "if we play Nebraska......." NW is a 4.5 favorite today.

Nebraska's late season run reminds me of runs we have had in the past, I can see them winning today (or just as easily losing) but only playing a tough half versus Iowa, then fading.

Yes, if we need to win another game, Iowa is playing really well on both sides of the court and they will be a handful. Between Nebraska and Northwestern I'd feel better about beating Northwestern. Nebraska is hot as a firecracker and they have a few guys that can really score the ball. However, if a good NET loss gets us in the tournament and a bad NET loss boots us, then I guess we want to see Iowa show up Friday. Capeesh.

Iowa led the conference in efficiency margin. When they play the two Murray twins at the same time they're very, very hard to defend.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Right. Presumably Nwest wins today. Personally I’m in the minority here but I’d rather play Nwest or Nebraska in their 3rd game in 3 days than Iowa which arguably the best team in big ten right now.
I want to see Nebraska win later. Don’t think either of them will beat Iowa so I’m rooting for Nebraska to move within NET 135.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Iowa led the conference in efficiency margin. When they play the two Murray twins at the same time they're very, very hard to defend.
I get that, but I also remember how well they were playing right before we shut them down last time.

Let's just win this damn thing.
Then let the committee last minute reshuffle the field based on our suto-bid.
I like your thinking Rufaninga. I get that everybody is worried about the NCAA implications of our game on Friday, but i imagine the team is also focused on winning the B1G tournament. Instead of worrying about a potential bad loss, or not being hurt by a loss to Iowa, we should be rooting for the team that would be the best matchup for us to beat on Friday so we can advance toward the BIG Championship!

I am rooting for Rutgers to win the B1G tournament - this means I will be rooting for who I think we have the best chance of beating:
1) Game 1: NW
2) Game 2: MN
3) Game 3: Indiana
4) Game 4: NW
5) Game 5: Maryland
6) Game 6: MN
7) Game 7: Indiana
8) Game 8: Rutgers
9) Game 9: Maryland
10) Game 10: MN
11) Game 11: Rutgers
12) Game 12: MN
13) Game 13: Rutgers

So it will be us against the frozen chosen and this time the Scarlet win. Yippee!!

Who else is still getting used to the idea that the tournament starts tonight, and not only are we not playing today, but we are not playing tomorrow? Unimaginable just four years ago, and yet here we are!
It wasn't that long ago when RU didn't even qualify to play in its conference tournament.

I am rooting for Rutgers to win the B1G tournament - this means I will be rooting for who I think we have the best chance of beating:

So it will be us against the frozen chosen and this time the Scarlet win. Yippee!!
I know this is fun to do, but ultimately the way Rutgers plays will determine how well it will do in the tournament.

Over the years, when I pick a team who I'd rather have my team face in a playoff situation, more often than not, the team I wanted to meet played much better than I anticipated.

I know this is fun to do, but ultimately the way Rutgers plays will determine how well it will do in the tournament.

Over the years, when I pick a team who I'd rather have my team face in a playoff situation, more often than not, the team I wanted to meet played much better than I anticipated.
Most recently, I knew the Cowboys were done when the Rams choked to the 49ers the last week of the season (wanted the Cardinals again bad). For the B1G tournament, I'm rooting for anybody but Iowa in the first matchup, and we'll see how that goes.

1-0 oh baby!

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT