ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Hate to admit it but really good showing by St Johns tonight.

What happens if Providence wins tonight? Any chance Seton Hall is left out?

here is the problem with St Johns....the wins simply are not there....just Creighton and then wins over shu and providence..its not an overwhelming profile, they beat Utah ooc

they went 3-10 in Q1 and one of those wins is at Butler...if you put Providence in, they were just 3-10 vs the field

what if providence wins tonight, what if new mexico wins, what if pitt wins, what if texasa&m wins.

shu has better wins despite metrics not as good, plus they beat them 2 out of3, it would be sham if st johns got in over them

As you guys learned last year, when you leave it in the hands of the committee there's always a chance.

If full body of work really matters than OSU deserves in if they win..

Hate to say but an argument for 96 or 128.

remember they are not selecting the best teams for at larges, they select the best ones that fit the criteria and the metrics game they play

that is why shit like Virginia will 85% chance be in the tourney over better schools including Indiana State, Pitt, possibly St Johns

Reactions: cicero grimes
and for those saying well Seton Hall beat UConn...yeah well last year RU won at Purdue which is one of the best wins if not best win by any school and they had like 5 other wins vs field and the net was decent and look what happened.

top seed Norfolk State has lost to sub 500 Howard in the MEAC semis. North Carolina Central is now the projected AQ and will take on Delaware State for the right to face Howard tomorrow.

St Johns gets it close and then UConn just steps into another gear that I'm not sure anyone can compete with
Both team had scorers at every position.This was a great college basketball game in front of a sellout crowd at MSG.

Should Northwestern be worried?
4-7 in Q1
5-3 Q2

9-10 Q1/2 is very good. The win over Purdue is excellent, other home wins over Illinois, Dayton, Michigan State, Nebraska. The loss to Chicago State sucks but its their only blemish

I do not like that they even though the road mark is 4-7 which is passable, they do not have a road win vs anyone in the field. 14-10 Q1/2/3. Yes that 332 ooc is ugly and they would be the highest ever I believe..now Pitt is 344 right now with a couple road quality wins but not the depth of wins Northwestern has.

However the big thing I come back to here is the SOR is 29 and their other predictive metrics are solid. The overall net isnt good because of that Q4 loss. Could effect them in seeding where they will likely be on the 8/9 line but its possible they are a 10 too. I think they are in like 98% but they are not quite as safe as they probably think they are.

I am rooting against Ohio State because I do not have to want to deal with yet another bubble team winning....though even if they win I think here is another "you cannot make a resume in a few days". I know they had wins over Purdue, Alabama, and Michigan State earlier BUT they were nowhere close to getting coming into Tuesday...they were like 10-12th team out.

I think we need to hold up and remember that the committee doesn't seem to care about the conference tourneys. At least not in recent years.

I think we need to hold up and remember that the committee doesn't seem to care about the conference tourneys. At least not in recent years.
I think tonight is it. Tomorrows results will count. If Providence, wins they are in, If Pitt wins they are in, If A&M wins they are in. If New Mexico wins they are in.

this is quite the unprecidented year for bubbles

Reactions: fatsam98
A subtle Zed Key elbow that the refs call for once helps Illinois seal the win. Karma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT