ADVERTISEMENT

Bielema and Fisch

aplus29

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2003
Randolph
These were the backup options to Greg 2.0. Both are doing a better job in 2 years on the job at Illinois and Zona.

Schiano has done a great job with defense but his next OC hire will define his tenure.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
These were the backup options to Greg 2.0. Both are doing a better job in 2 years on the job at Illinois and Zona.

Schiano has done a great job with defense but his next OC hire will define his tenure.
Jedd Fisch was 1-11 last year, and is 3-4 and 1-3 in conference this year. They lost yesterday. Facts matter until they don't matter.

Last edited:
How is Bielema able to consistently win with 2 QB’s off the scrap heap that werent good enough for RU?

Reactions: brgRC90
How is Bielema able to consistently win with 2 QB’s off the scrap heap that werent good enough for RU?
DeVito I think is capable, AS not so much IMO. I think they have to really hide him and lean hard on their defense. DeVito can do some things and can throw the ball decently.

Biggest offseason moves for Bielema IMO are Lunney as OC and DeVito as qb. Walters has done a great job for them too as DC, wonder if Colorado might come sniffing around. He's an alum.

Reactions: redking
Who exactly has Illinois played and beaten to deserve top 25 ranking?? They beat a down Wisky and Iowa teams and that is about it. They lost to Indiana who suck. Look at the rest of their schedule and it is an easy ride outside of playing Michigan.

Even if RU had that schedule we would be in much better shape for the year and we are not good.

Who exactly has Illinois played and beaten to deserve top 25 ranking?? They beat a down Wisky and Iowa teams and that is about it. They lost to Indiana who suck. Look at the rest of their schedule and it is an easy ride outside of playing Michigan.

Even if RU had that schedule we would be in much better shape for the year and we are not good.
I think you could say that about a good handful of teams. I mean who has OSU played? ND just lost at home to a bad Stanford team. Oregon got crushed by UGA and needed a furious comeback to beat WSU. They don't have any big wins yet. Cuse is just Purdue in a miracle and a crippled NC State. There are others. I don't think any of that is unusual though, it happens every year where you say who have they beat.

I

If we beat a down Wisconsin our fans would laud it as a big accomplishment. We beat a down Michigan years ago and they talk about that. It's fair enough given the high level of quality of Wisconsin for some time. And they beat Iowa, we did not come close.

Consistently TBD. Recently? OL
We agree here.
Seems the Leopold fan club lost their pom poms after 2 losses in a row.
Admittedly, however, I am a fan of what Bielema is doing Impressive job this year. He does have an experienced and stout OL.

The rest of Illinois' schedule is quite favorable, except for Michigan. People don't want to hear this, but Nebraska is showing a lot of fight and improving. That game against Illinois could be a dogfight.

I know Fisch’s name was brought up in articles but don’t remember if he was mentioned as going to be interviewed like Bielema was.
Maybe the OP meant Phil Fish?

barn5.jpg

Reactions: rutgersguy1
We agree here.
Admittedly, however, I am a fan of what Bielema is doing Impressive job this year. He does have an experienced and stout OL.

The rest of Illinois' schedule is quite favorable, except for Michigan. People don't want to hear this, but Nebraska is showing a lot of fight and improving. That game against Illinois could be a dogfight.
I still like them both and the jobs they've done this year lol. 😁 I love underdog stories.

We agree here.

What the **** does this have to do with Liepold? Go whack off on that endless thread.

What the **** does this have to do with Liepold? Go whack off on that endless thread.
Calm down. Here's what it has to do with Leopold. Every damn week, resident message board geniuses love to tout how other coaches are succeeding, implying that our team and coach are failing. Leopold was the poster child of success until the last two weeks. It is a pathetic and backhanded way to take shots at RU and our head coach.

It will not stop until and if we go 8-4 or dare I say 9-3 o 10-2, and even then, some of our "fans" will find a way to diminish any accomplishment.

OP has disappeared. Why was Fisch in the thread title? Maybe next week, we can talk about Jim Mora and his 3 impressive wins at UConn.

Reactions: RU-AGK
They give it to Chase Brown 40 times a game. Our former OC genius would give him 15 carries a game so everyone could participate. You have to ride your best players, not play musical chairs every play.
You are being generous there. Actually, he would get no carries to hide his talents from upcoming opponents so that they don't know how to defend against him.

This Bielema guy, is he the same one that this board was knocking last year and joking about his time as a Hog.
But anyone who looks like him and married to a cutie
Screen-Shot-2016-09-16-at-8.39.18-AM.png
cant be all bad

Calm down. Here's what it has to do with Leopold. Every damn week, resident message board geniuses love to tout how other coaches are succeeding, implying that our team and coach are failing. Leopold was the poster child of success until the last two weeks. It is a pathetic and backhanded way to take shots at RU and our head coach.

It will not stop until and if we go 8-4 or dare I say 9-3 o 10-2, and even then, some of our "fans" will find a way to diminish any accomplishment.

OP has disappeared. Why was Fisch in the thread title? Maybe next week, we can talk about Jim Mora and his 3 impressive wins at UConn.
Rutgers is nowhere near 8 wins…I’ll build a statue of Schiano if he gets us to the Mysuc City Bowl…Fisch has a conference win and Arizona was a worse starting point than RU if that’s possible

• Haha
Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT