May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
It's good to be B1G.
B1GGER is Better.

GIwE877W0AA0W4b

GIwLyUEWUAALP-0

Being B1G: It's good to be King!

Last edited:
As good as the SEC is - it is regional collection of schools, not a national one.
That’s exactly as the SEC wants it…have stated so many many times…even their moron current commish. Unlike the B1G, the they love their regionality. Expanding to Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas was a stretch original members hated but looked the other way for obvious reasons. There are no baffling games like Maryland/Washington or Rutgers/Oregon in the SEC…they are totally fine with that.

Last edited:
I'd rather FSU in B10....

They’d fit in either place, but the B1G is the preferred destination

The question is who comes with them... Hope ND and done for now.... Otherwise it might be Miami, Gtech or Clemson

The question is who comes with them... Hope ND and done for now.... Otherwise it might be Miami, Gtech or Clemson
ND is the prize catch
Have to think they’ll join a conference one of these days

Indeed
If the B1G could bring in ND, UNC, FSU, and one other big fish (A & M), that would be pretty special
It seems like FSU talk has quieted down lately.
What's the current status of them leaving and getting a new home?

A hearing on FSU's motion to dismiss or stay the ACC’s lawsuit filed in North Carolina state court will be held on 3/22. If the lawsuit isn’t dismissed, FSU is asking that it be stayed so its lawsuit in Florida state court can proceed.

Additionally, the GOR doesn't have a venue clause and a choice of law clause which would put it in court in the state of NC.

GT-no chance
Clemson-1% all they bring are eyeballs but that has been declining. BIG doesn't want another Nebraska
Miami-2% and that is just because of the mkt and Flordia. Miami has only 1 think the BIG would be interested in

So you think FSU comes alone for a while.

I could see B10 trying to lock down Florida with Miami.

Clemson and FSU are within Atlanta Distance.... but can't see Clemson being accepted

Clemson and FSU are within Atlanta Distance.... but can't see Clemson being accepted
my stance and views here are well documented

The Elephant in the room is ND. If they finally decide to give up independent they bring a substantial national following. If they wanted to they could have a major say in Big Ten expansion. But they have not yet shown to be inclined to give up independence.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The Elephant in the room is ND. If they finally decide to give up independent they bring a substantial national following. If they wanted to they could have a major say in Big Ten expansion. But they have not yet shown to be inclined to give up independence.
ND has a few years to figure it out unless the landscape, via the FSU/ACC break up, changes dramatically. ND is not falling behind monetarily too much with their ACC, NBC, and apparel deal. It's when the new round of discussions for SEC and BIG begin that we should see a massive revenue change

Reactions: rucoe89
Spoke with my Clemson buddy this weekend and asked him why they weren't more active in this whole thing. They have a lot to lose by standing pat

He said flat out they'd like to be, but don't feel they have as many options as UNC / FSU, and therefore can't really go out on a limb like they can

Spoke with my Clemson buddy this weekend and asked him why they weren't more active in this whole thing. They have a lot to lose by standing pat

He said flat out they'd like to be, but don't feel they have as many options as UNC / FSU, and therefore can't really go out on a limb like they can
they don't!

I keep telling everyone, Clemson has no mkt, declining eyeballs, shitty academics and no true recruiting base. Truth is, this could all change or break in other ways but Clemson really doesn't have a resume to sell. I keep saying, if expansion happened today, Nebraska would not be in the BIG!

they don't!

I keep telling everyone, Clemson has no mkt, declining eyeballs, shitty academics and no true recruiting base. Truth is, this could all change or break in other ways but Clemson really doesn't have a resume to sell. I keep saying, if expansion happened today, Nebraska would not be in the BIG!
I guess it's recency bias as I never realized they were that small in the grand scheme of things

I guess it's recency bias as I never realized they were that small in the grand scheme of things
Pittsburgh has bigger mkt
they've won over last decade but before that they were an after thought and if you look at the program you don't see a upward trajectory. If you look at their ratings and eyeballs, it's been declining. They don't have a single game in top 25 for viewership numbers in past 2 years! I think they average less than 1mm more than RU per year. For a program of Clemson stature over past decade; pathetic

don't even need to address academics, research, recruiting area, etc etc

Washington and Oregon are getting 50% of the average media payout in the Big Ten. Would FSU be content with taking what is essentially the same as they’re already receiving in the ACC. And why would ESPN pay more for FSU in the SEC than it already paying for FSU in the ACC? This whole FSU wishful thinking makes no sense, at least until the current contracts expire.

All indications is that FSU would receive a full share especially because the Big10 wants them. They likely command a higher share than Wash and Oregon. Probably not like USC, but USC came with UCLA too...

FSU is not as valuable to the SEC as they are to the B10. But people have been saying that the SEC has a pro-rata clause that allows them to bring in a team(s) at a full share. I can't believe they can bring any team, but who knows.

If the SEC can auto bring anyone and the B10 doesn't offer FSU a full share, I can see SEC playing defense. Who knows what the SEC is thinking, but it appears to be UNC + another. Also FSU wouldn't be spending all this money and willing to pay 200M+ to go get paid 50M somewhere else. Either they are a headless chicken running around or they already know what the SEC and B10 are offering

All indications is that FSU would receive a full share especially because the Big10 wants them. They likely command a higher share than Wash and Oregon. Probably not like USC, but USC came with UCLA too...

FSU is not as valuable to the SEC as they are to the B10. But people have been saying that the SEC has a pro-rata clause that allows them to bring in a team(s) at a full share. I can't believe they can bring any team, but who knows.

If the SEC can auto bring anyone and the B10 doesn't offer FSU a full share, I can see SEC playing defense. Who knows what the SEC is thinking, but it appears to be UNC + another. Also FSU wouldn't be spending all this money and willing to pay 200M+ to go get paid 50M somewhere else. Either they are a headless chicken running around or they already know what the SEC and B10 are offering
Other than FSU folks, who says the Big 10 wants them?

Other than FSU folks, who says the Big 10 wants them?
Good question. I've seen Miami being mentioned a few times for future expansion but in reality they really don't have a following. Their stadium is usually half full even for their big games and doubt they would add much $$$ to the conferece

Same people who were saying Oregon and Washington were going to the B10 and that Colorado was going to be the first to jump to the Big12 months before it happened.

Also some OSU and Michigan "insiders".

I don't particularly listen to FSU folks.. except for one guy who says he hopes it's the SEC, but hears it is B10. There is this annoying FSU girl called Jen that Jaydog probably listens to.

Same people who were saying Oregon and Washington were going to the B10 and that Colorado was going to be the first to jump to the Big12 months before it happened.

Also some OSU and Michigan "insiders".

I don't particularly listen to FSU folks.. except for one guy who says he hopes it's the SEC, but hears it is B10. There is this annoying FSU girl called Jen that Jaydog probably listens to.
Not sure who Jen is

I know Danielle - great girl, well connected and knows her stuff

But she’s a blantant FSU Homer - doesn’t hide it either

Sorting through her dialogue & others in the know, along w my buddy’s info is how I’ve deduced what I believe will happen

On this board, 95 and a few others also are super knowledgeable - I find expansion fascinating on so many levels and it’s always cool to see people chime in with their thoughts

Reactions: miket007
That doesn't quite tell the entire story. The SEC has more viewers; but the Big Ten's viewers are worth more on average to advertisers. A homeowner in NJ or Maryland will generally have more disposable income than a homeowner in Arkansas or Georgia.
BIG will have more viewers going forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT