ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Seton Hall -NIT CHAMPS

Good-Knight

All Conference
Jul 21, 2008
Not the definitive goal for March/April but a significant achievement never-the-less. They got extra play/practice time and some tourney experience for the players and their talented young coach. Good for them. If you're going to be in it, be in it to win it. I'm no Hall fan, but I can still tip my cap when it is deserved.

When does the Not Invited Tournament start?

This tournament means less to me than pre-season/in-season tournaments

Reactions: Arizona Knight
When does the Not Invited Tournament start?

This tournament means less to me than pre-season/in-season tournaments

Yet if RU did the same we’d be moderately pleased that we made something of the season, good stepping stone for next year, yada yada.

I mean it’s the NIT (so in the larger scene of sports it’s absolutely meaningless) but at least they accomplished SOMETHING. More than we can say right now

Yet if RU did the same we’d be moderately pleased that we made something of the season, good stepping stone for next year, yada yada.

I mean it’s the NIT (so in the larger scene of sports it’s absolutely meaningless) but at least they accomplished SOMETHING. More than we can say right now

Yes, the hall had a better season than we did.

You are playing in the NCAA tournament or you are not. Everyone would forego an NIT championship for a spot in the real tournament. That tells you the true value of it.

With the portal and NIL as they are today, each season is on its own. Going to be harder to build over several seasons with roster tournovers.

Wasn't there a team that hung the NIT championship banner above the urinals in the locker room?

C'mon. Credit to SHU. We flamed out in first game at home against mighty Hofstra.
Why bring that up?? One has nothing to do with the other. Good for Shu but a RU fan using their win to call out RU?? Where do our not so loyal fans come from??Self haters suck if they really, in fact, are RU supporters-- I doubt it.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
As a long-time SHU fan, it was a very enjoyable run and feel good story. I couldn't be happier with our Coach who can push players beyond their potential. A definition of a winner is someone who can face adversity and ultimately use it to his advantage. We were snubbed but ended up showing the NCAA committe that they were dead wrong.

As a long-time SHU fan, it was a very enjoyable run and feel good story. I couldn't be happier with our Coach who can push players beyond their potential. A definition of a winner is someone who can face adversity and ultimately use it to his advantage. We were snubbed but ended up showing the NCAA committe that they were dead wrong.
Why do you find the need to post this here. You're a guy who attacks RU incessantly. SHU won-- good for them --but you act like this is the sport story of the century that needs to be told , no less on a rival's message board. Sorry but many don't give a crap to hear from a guy that has often belittled RU. Why show your insecurity here, I'm embarrassed for you.

Why do you find the need to post this here. You're a guy who attacks RU incessantly. SHU won-- good for them --but you act like this is the sport story of the century that needs to be told , no less on a rival's message board. Sorry but many don't give a crap to hear from a guy that has often belittled RU. Why show your insecurity here, I'm embarrassed for you.
Lunatic! LOL

nice for you.
Seton Hall did well in the Not Invited Tourney and not making the NCAA wasn't as much adversity as much as putting yourself in a position to be rejected.
Congrats to the Hall program and their fanbase, but don't expect me to consider the NIT Championship the type of goal good programs strive for.
It is a goal for those that are just not good enough to go to the dance and are forced to
accept what they can to prolong their season.

Pirates did a good job in the NIT and deserve praise for it , but the adversity they faced was that their regular season play fell short of what they could have had and that's on them.

If you're not an RU fan, what are you doing on this board.
I am also a Rutgers Grad. I was there when RU Football shocked Tennesse after their fans questioned "what is a Rutgers?" I recall reading a very well written article in the Daily Targum where the gist of the article answered their question as the Team that just beat the University of Tennessee.

nice for you.
Seton Hall did well in the Not Invited Tourney and not making the NCAA wasn't as much adversity as much as putting yourself in a position to be rejected.
Congrats to the Hall program and their fanbase, but don't expect me to consider the NIT Championship the type of goal good programs strive for.
It is a goal for those that are just not good enough to go to the dance and are forced to
accept what they can to prolong their season.

Pirates did a good job in the NIT and deserve praise for it , but the adversity they faced was that their regular season play fell short of what they could have had and that's on them.
You are full of crap. I've been posting on this Board for years, and I recall how excited your fans were to be in the NIT Finals against Michigan. I don't recall any posts downplaying the importance of the NIT back then. Talk about hypocrisy.

We know you're a SHU fan by your posts in the past on their board and here. Fact is I can't remember any posts on either board where you in some way haven't disparaged RU. I'll correct myself you're either a phoney or a liar. You're not a fan of RU-- just read your owns words---"I recall how excited YOUR fans were.....".You just exposed yourself. IF you graduatied from RU ( I doubt it) you're the f'ing worst .

You are full of crap. I've been posting on this Board for years, and I recall how excited your fans were to be in the NIT Finals against Michigan. I don't recall any posts downplaying the importance of the NIT back then. Talk about hypocrisy.
I wasn't trying to kill the messenger, just the message:
my point was to deny your claim of overcoming adversity like not getting a NCAA invite was a program killer.
Winning the Not Invited Tournament should be the goal of every dance reject and if Rutgers was invited to the "NIT" I would be very happy they did.
But wouldn't make like winning it was an "Impossible Mission" success, just would be more than happy if they players for the championship and heap a lot of praise on the program for the team being the best in the NIT also ran contest

As for your posting here for years , never made like I thought you shouldn't be.
Only objected to how you put the Hall NIT Championship run like a major roadblock was overcome outside of the teams they played.
Face it : the NIT is the best tourney for programs not invited to the Big Dance, so don't get offended if I tell it like it is and imply Seton Hall and just about every program much rather get a NCAA invite rather then play in the NIT .

Reactions: batts
Actually this year a lot of people here were calling it the loser tournament and we should turn it down if we made it. I don’t agree with that but your comment about this board in general is not accurate. Congrats on the championship. They are always good and imo the nit is fun. That said nobody cares about the nit other than diehards for schools involved.

Not the definitive goal for March/April but a significant achievement never-the-less. They got extra play/practice time and some tourney experience for the players and their talented young coach. Good for them. If you're going to be in it, be in it to win it. I'm no Hall fan, but I can still tip my cap when it is deserved.
Wrong board

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT