ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Seton Hall -NIT CHAMPS

The other one nobody cares about.
Quite a few people cared about the NIT. They had well over 1M viewers (perhaps close to 2M). No need for Rutgers fans to look down their noses at another team's accomplishment, when Rutgers got their nose punched in all season. It's a bad look, but people can make their own choices.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Quite a few people cared about the NIT. They had well over 1M viewers (perhaps close to 2M). No need for Rutgers fans to look down their noses at another team's accomplishment, when Rutgers got their nose punched in all season. It's a bad look, but people can make their own choices.
Nobody cares imo other than people close to the teams. People watched because there was nothing else on and Indiana state was an interesting story. Overall I agree with you more than disagree. I like the nit and believe the shu championship is a nice accomplishment. But most people don’t care at alll.

New Jersey dominating the state of Indiana yet again lol

Our little brother vs. Indiana’s little brother, still had to root for SHU

Carino is a shill and if he thinks the big viewership # is because anyone cared about Seton Hall in that game is funny. Would have been same or more viewership with UNLV in there. Indiana State was America’s team, had Cream Abdul Jabbar and was in Hinkle in Indy to their sold out crowd and great atmosphere is why people tuned in.

Finally, it’s extra sweet because all this proves to Seton Hall fans is they could have made a run in the NCAAs (something Willard could basically never manage to do) had they been given the opportunity, but that opportunity was taken away because of the Rutgers game on their own court. Hahaha

I didn't watch a second of the NIT and didn't know Seton Hall won until this thread, but any RU fans pretending they wouldn't care if it was RU that won are being disingenuous. I feel like I remember some excitement from fans during the NIT finals run. I know if it was RU I would have been watching.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Unlike the Hall, Rutgers did not go a tournament. Rutgers sat at home, while Seton Hall won something.
They showed they're the best team not in the tournament this year. A 69th place finish. Which in the end is where selection committee had them ranked. Not in the field that mattered.

They showed they're the best team not in the tournament this year. A 69th place finish. Which in the end is where selection committee had them ranked. Not in the field that mattered.
Still much further ahead than Rutgers, which finished the season in a tailspin. You guys sound jelly.

No, just honest and a guy with a memory about how much you suck in your attacks about RU. You're a phoney.
Takes one to know one. Normal people refrain from name calling after 3rd grade.!Then there’s your posts - calling everyone (Inc RU posters) names.

Got to give credit where credit is due. -Congrats to The Hall. They deserve it.

-(Of course, all those well-earned congratulations aside, we did beat them;-).

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Still much further ahead than Rutgers, which finished the season in a tailspin. You guys sound jelly.
I have zero qualms saying the Hall had a better season. That's not in doubt. I don't value the NIT tournament for teams ranked 69 to 100

True but this IS a Rutgers message board so SHU fans coming here can’t really be expecting an “attaboy”

Takes one to know one. Normal people refrain from name calling after 3rd grade.!Then there’s your posts - calling everyone (Inc RU posters) names.
Disrespect comes with the territory ,when visiting another school's boards .
As for his calling RU posters names, that's a Rutgers board problem not yours.
Just enjoy the NIT Championship and don't expect other schools fans to enjoy it the way you are .

I'll congratulate the Seton Hall program and it's fan-base for winning the NIT, but won't make like it was a great accomplishment, just a real good consolation prize to end a season that just fell short of making the Dance

Reactions: runrutgersrun
New Jersey dominating the state of Indiana yet again lol

Our little brother vs. Indiana’s little brother, still had to root for SHU

Carino is a shill and if he thinks the big viewership # is because anyone cared about Seton Hall in that game is funny. Would have been same or more viewership with UNLV in there. Indiana State was America’s team, had Cream Abdul Jabbar and was in Hinkle in Indy to their sold out crowd and great atmosphere is why people tuned in.

Finally, it’s extra sweet because all this proves to Seton Hall fans is they could have made a run in the NCAAs (something Willard could basically never manage to do) had they been given the opportunity, but that opportunity was taken away because of the Rutgers game on their own court. Hahaha
Nah that was Milk Chamberlain.

Congrats to SH on their victory.

I have little doubt that if FDU, St. Peters or Monmouth had won the NIT fans here would have been more congratulatory. I can root for RU first and still be happy for another NJ school’s successes.

Last edited:
I don't know why RU fans bother to start threads giving credit to them over here. You know it will drag the dreck from there to this site. Credit to their players for the win but a big FU to their coach who I never could stand and to their Rivals board members right down to the admin over there.

Reactions: ru66
You're another RU hater that finds the need to post on a Rutgers board . You too are a phoney and actually even more anti RU than the guy you're trying to defend. Honesty is not a quality you should be discussing-- you have none. Patting a guy on the shoulder as you stab him in the back is your speciality-- anyone who ever ventured onto the Shu board can read your attacks on RU there-- but on our board ?? Just a hypocrite.

We're probably all banned because of Ann.
You hit the nail on the head. Many including myself aren't disparaging the positivity of their win but some of their fans that need to post on a RU about it. Obviously they relish the opportunity to rub our faces in it.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Getting territorial over an online message board is so weird to me. There’s nothing abnormal about fans of the two premier basketball programs in the state commenting on each other’s boards.

I’m a SHU fan but I like to keep up with what’s going on for RU’s program as well, and there’s plenty of RU fans I see commenting on the SHU board. Many of whom are knowledgeable posters.

Getting territorial over an online message board is so weird to me. There’s nothing abnormal about fans of the two premier basketball programs in the state commenting on each other’s boards.

I’m a SHU fan but I like to keep up with what’s going on for RU’s program as well, and there’s plenty of RU fans I see commenting on the SHU board. Many of whom are knowledgeable posters.
Many RU fans post on the Hall board?? Who ?? And it's territorial here ?? Man , you need a history lesson . There's a long history of your current and past moderators banning Ru posters if they ever even implied something negative about Shu.

Many RU fans post on the Hall board?? Who ?? And it's territorial here ?? Man , you need a history lesson . There's a long history of your current and past moderators banning Ru posters if they ever even implied something negative about Shu.
Well I’m going to assume you’re one of them since you have such a deep grasp on the history of the Seton Hall board.

And if what you’re saying is true, I don’t agree with that either. The whole point of these boards is for open discussion. A Rutgers fan posted a thread congratulating Seton Hall and you’re upset that Seton Hall fans are commenting on it? It’s a strange thing to get worked up about.

True but this IS a Rutgers message board so SHU fans coming here can’t really be expecting an “attaboy”
I'm a Rutgers fan. But I'm adult enough to appreciate and congratulate an in state rival for a job well done. If Rutgers had done the same (won the NIT), some are acting like nobody here would be happy or should celebrate because it is meaningless.

Reactions: RUBigFrank
I'm a Rutgers fan. But I'm adult enough to appreciate and congratulate an in state rival for a job well done. If Rutgers had done the same (won the NIT), some are acting like nobody here would be happy or should celebrate because it is meaningless.

I know you’re an ru fan. And I said the same thing - we’d be moderately happy if RU did the same this year. But, really, in the larger scheme of things…. No one gives a f;$k about the NIT. Just fact.

But I don’t understand the need to congratulate them on here . As someone else said it just brings their trolls (pjvegas or whatever that losers name is). Dont bring them up here and their trash will stay away

Reactions: Knight Shift
I know you’re an ru fan. And I said the same thing - we’d be moderately happy if RU did the same this year. But, really, in the larger scheme of things…. No one gives a f;$k about the NIT. Just fact.

But I don’t understand the need to congratulate them on here . As someone else said it just brings their trolls (pjvegas or whatever that losers name is). Dont bring them up here and their trash will stay away
That's fine. I don't have a problem with it, but we all don't have to agree on everything. Holloway grew on me as the NIT progressed. He is a good coach. But so is Pikes, even though we had a down year last year.

Well I’m going to a8ssume you’re one of them since you have such a deep grasp on the history of the Seton Hall board.

And if what you’re saying is true, I don’t agree with that either. The whole point of these boards is for open discussion. A Rutgers fan posted a thread congratulating Seton Hall and you’re upset that Seton Hall fans are commenting on it? It’s a strange thing to get worked up about.
Sorry but you're wrong I haven't posted on your boards for many years-- I may read them occasionally but not often. And you don't get the point-- that Shu fan did not come on here and say thanks for the praise-- nope he went into a litany about superlatives of your coach, your team and the significance of the win as if it was the be all-- this from a fan that has a history of attacking RU. If a fan did likewise on the Shu board he'd probably be banned.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Sorry but you're wrong I haven't posted on your boards for many years-- I may read them occasionally but not often. And you don't get the point-- that Shu fan did not come on here and say thanks for the praise-- nope he went into a litany about superlatives of your coach, your team and the significance of the win as if it was the be all-- this from a fan that has a history of attacking RU. If a fan did likewise on the Shu board he'd probably be banned.
No, you got banned for your incessant name calling and other derogatory and usually untruthful remarks. There are several well respected RU posters that frequently post on the SH board. Fortunately, None of them are a “Richard” like you.
Surprised you’re still allowed to post here the way you constantly name call well respected RU posters in most of your posts. Pathetic

Maybe I should take a look at the Hall board to see if RU friendly or not.
I seldom go to other boards so can't say how your board treats RU fans posting there.
As for you and other Hall fans posting here, I try not to go after the messenger because of where they're from, but tend to try to destroy the message if I think it's BS .
Enjoy the victory, but don't expect this board to jump for joy because of it.
You'll get some congrats and some drop dead messages , enjoy the congrats and understand the drop dead is because some ( though they probably won't admit it)
consider Seton Hall a big rival and refuse to play nice with their fan-base visiting this Rutgers board .
That said , go away ( just joshing) 😇

Maybe I should take a look at the Hall board to see if RU friendly or not.
I seldom go to other boards so can't say how your board treats RU fans posting there.
As for you and other Hall fans posting here, I try not to go after the messenger because of where they're from, but tend to try to destroy the message if I think it's BS .
Enjoy the victory, but don't expect this board to jump for joy because of it.
You'll get some congrats and some drop dead messages , enjoy the congrats and understand the drop dead is because some ( though they probably won't admit it)
consider Seton Hall a big rival and refuse to play nice with their fan-base visiting this Rutgers board .
That said , go away ( just joshing) 😇
There’s some RU posters over on the Hall board who chime in on Rutgers related posts, and BAC occasionally shares his bracketology (which I find is fair and accurate.) As for claims of the moderators banning RU posters, I’m not aware of that.

I understand that some of your posters don’t like hearing from SHU fans, which is why I usually read but don’t comment except for the occasional SHU related post. Personally, I have nothing but respect for the RU program and what Pike is building. So I don’t come here with the intention of trolling you guys or anything like that.

As for the NIT I don’t expect any Rutgers fan to be throwing a parade for SHU. Definitely appreciate the congratulations from RU fans here and others offline. I think most of us want Jersey basketball to be represented well.

Reactions: PJVegas and HallX2
There’s some RU posters over on the Hall board who chime in on Rutgers related posts, and BAC occasionally shares his bracketology (which I find is fair and accurate.) As for claims of the moderators banning RU posters, I’m not aware of that.

I understand that some of your posters don’t like hearing from SHU fans, which is why I usually read but don’t comment except for the occasional SHU related post. Personally, I have nothing but respect for the RU program and what Pike is building. So I don’t come here with the intention of trolling you guys or anything like that.

As for the NIT I don’t expect any Rutgers fan to be throwing a parade for SHU. Definitely appreciate the congratulations from RU fans here and others offline. I think most of us want Jersey basketball to be represented well.
I took a quick look on Pirate Crew and seen Rutger Al's kudos that was well received also a thread about Cam Spencer was short but mainly nice about Rutgers except for one poster.
As it's said: "There's one in every crowd"

Didn't really look at that site but the little I seen leaves me with no complaints on how it treats Rutgers, but only seen one RU fan (Al) with a message there and only the Spencer thead that had a Rutgers reference

So as far as I can tell you and other Seton Hall fans are not the enemy invading the Holy Land and I continue to teat you hallers with respect even if I attack your messages that I don't agree with

No, you got banned for your incessant name calling and other derogatory and usually untruthful remarks. There are several well respected RU posters that frequently post on the SH board. Fortunately, None of them are a “Richard” like you.
Surprised you’re still allowed to post here the way you constantly name call well respected RU posters in most of your posts. Pathetic
You're full of it . Haven't posted on your board since 2019 and was allowed to do so as I am now. Yeah, I and many Ru people were banned years before that and others may still be.banned by the " gestapo". Your board constsntly attacks RU but won' tolerate its defense. By the way go read this post--- I responded/ reacted to your Shu buddy calling me a " lunatic"-- I don't take shyt from aholes like yourself. And you still are a unjustified constant critic of RU. Your jealousy of RU is a sickness. Like I said you're a phoney and a hypocrite.

I took a quick look on Pirate Crew and seen Rutger Al's kudos that was well received also a thread about Cam Spencer was short but mainly nice about Rutgers except for one poster.
As it's said: "There's one in every crowd"

Didn't really look at that site but the little I seen leaves me with no complaints on how it treats Rutgers, but only seen one RU fan (Al) with a message there and only the Spencer thead that had a Rutgers reference

So as far as I can tell you and other Seton Hall fans are not the enemy invading the Holy Land and I continue to teat you hallers with respect even if I attack your messages that I don't agree with
Sorry but your case study is faulty and not time sensitive. Why? Try going back a bit but also consider most Ru people will not post on that board because they are not allowed to respond to their nonsense about how Ru is stealing their tax dollars, etc. Those of us who have been around here for awhile stopped even reading or reacting to their Bs. We learned not to. Their censorship worked and now no one cares to respond to their nonsense. Try saying on there that you're an Ru fan and congratulate them on the win but the Nit is a meaningless tourney. You may get banned.

Well in that case, on behalf of Plum, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and all of the SHU basketball team a very Happy Birthday!

🎂🎂🎂🎂

We're probably all banned because of Ann.
Glad you remember Ann (was that her name) banning RU fans like she relished it. Some forget history. Now what's his name does that over there.

Glad you remember Ann (was that her name) banning RU fans like she relished it. Some forget history. Now what's his name does that over there.
Did you graduate in 66 or was that the year you were born? Either way, you are a sad specimen, and sorely need a hobby if you're worried about what goes on at the SHU rivals board, where you haven't posted in 5 years.

Reactions: PJVegas
Did you graduate in 66 or was that the year you were born? Either way, you are a sad specimen, and sorely need a hobby if you're worried about what goes on at the SHU rivals board, where you haven't posted in 5 years.
I believe you're one of the members of the Hall board 66 has a good reason to feel that board is anti-RU ( if I'm remembering the way you usually posted BS on this board)
You complained about 66 not posting on the Hall board for 5 years?
Why don't you try doing the same as you you claim 66 has on the Shoe board
I have said when Seton Hall fans post here I try not to shoot the messenger only attack the message if I think it's BS, but will make an exception in your case.
The only respect you and your messages on TKR deserve have a "dis" in front of it
jack-sparrow-potc.gif

Last edited:
I'm not going to waste much more time with anti RU aholes like yourself and no one gives a crap about your board--my point, genius, was to respond to a guy who questioned this board and his perception of it being "territorial" while the SHU board was beyond reproach --it's far from that. As I said your board has always been run by "gestapos"and that's why no one really cares to post there .Funny but RU trolls like yourself love to come on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT