ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anybody read a book by John Bolton? There are millions of better ways to spend your reading.
Because no one is more conservative and has served more conservative administrations in various government positions. The last thing he would want to do is take down a conservative President, adding to his credibility, no matter what you think of him.

Reported.
Unprovoked and disgusting personal attack on another poster.
If I were a troll, like you, I'd say there's no way you can tell who I was talking about. But I won't. It was a silly, fairly harmless (and I thought creative) insult. Stop acting like a petulant child - you sound just like Richie Cunningham, putting everybody on report (and you're old enough to remember that episode from Happy Days).

There's a new book by Woodward to read now...

Saw a clip of Tucker Carlson posing the question “why did Trump even sit with Woodward?”
he then insinuates that the answer can only be that Lindsey Graham (who apparently brokered the meeting) willfully sabotaged the President by introducing him to Woodward. To some, like Tucker, POTUS shouldn’t be held responsible for his own words, blame instead falls on those who set up POTUS with an audience. Accountability-free zone at 1600, the buck stops anywhere but there.

Reactions: Greg2020
Saw a clip of Tucker Carlson posing the question “why did Trump even sit with Woodward?”
he then insinuates that the answer can only be that Lindsey Graham (who apparently brokered the meeting) willfully sabotaged the President by introducing him to Woodward. To some, like Tucker, POTUS shouldn’t be held responsible for his own words, blame instead falls on those who set up POTUS with an audience. Accountability-free zone at 1600, the buck stops anywhere but there.
So true, they're more mad that the emperor was shown on tv with no clothes than that the emperor himself decided to prance around with no clothes.

Today might be the saddest day in this entire pandemic for me, after what the POTUS was revealed as saying today to Bob Woodward, on tape. I mean, there was always some small possibility that he had been kept out of the loop on the seriousness of the novel coronavirus, at least through February, as unlikely as that sounds, but today we finally heard the absolute proof we'd been lacking about how heinous this president's lies have been.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

On Feb 7th, while talking to Woodward, he essentially said he knew that the virus was "highly contagious and airborne" and that it was "five times as deadly as the flu." The interview also confirmed previous reports that he had been briefed in depth in late January on information that very few people had at the time, leading to the ban in travel from China, but very few additional measures.

But despite having that information, for the next 6 weeks (and to this day, given his continued mocking of wearing masks) he continued to downplay the threat of this virus (I assume I don't need to include all his quotes about the virus "disappearing" and everything being under control) instead of doing everything in his power to mobilize the considerable resources of the Federal Government, in coordination with the states, in order to contain and mitigate the impacts of the virus. And then on 3/19, he admits to Woodward that he's been "downplaying the virus" because he "didn't want to create a panic."

Many of us always "knew" he knew how bad the virus was, but we didn't have absolute proof until today. He should resign for downplaying the risk of the deadliest pandemic to hit the US in 100 years and failing to take the steps that likely would've saved 75-90% of the lives we've lost, as I've posted about dozens of times. This has been the saddest chapter in US history.

I'm sure about 8 people will "report" this post as being political. It is and I don't really care if this gets me banned, because it'll free up a lot of time for (especially as I have an expanded consulting role with my old company starting any day now to work on getting their new COVID antiviral drug to market) me and I've kind of had enough of arguing with cultists, who simply have no concept of what science is.

Once again you post something political and think by adding this "can be deleted by mods" or apologize everytime makes it okay. It's laughable. Look at at all those political posts you make. The disclaimer is always there.

Today might be the saddest day in this entire pandemic for me, after what the POTUS was revealed as saying today to Bob Woodward, on tape. I mean, there was always some small possibility that he had been kept out of the loop on the seriousness of the novel coronavirus, at least through February, as unlikely as that sounds, but today we finally heard the absolute proof we'd been lacking about how heinous this president's lies have been.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

On Feb 7th, while talking to Woodward, he essentially said he knew that the virus was "highly contagious and airborne" and that it was "five times as deadly as the flu." The interview also confirmed previous reports that he had been briefed in depth in late January on information that very few people had at the time, leading to the ban in travel from China, but very few additional measures.

But despite having that information, for the next 6 weeks (and to this day, given his continued mocking of wearing masks) he continued to downplay the threat of this virus (I assume I don't need to include all his quotes about the virus "disappearing" and everything being under control) instead of doing everything in his power to mobilize the considerable resources of the Federal Government, in coordination with the states, in order to contain and mitigate the impacts of the virus. And then on 3/19, he admits to Woodward that he's been "downplaying the virus" because he "didn't want to create a panic."

Many of us always "knew" he knew how bad the virus was, but we didn't have absolute proof until today. He should resign for downplaying the risk of the deadliest pandemic to hit the US in 100 years and failing to take the steps that likely would've saved 75-90% of the lives we've lost, as I've posted about dozens of times. This has been the saddest chapter in US history.

I'm sure about 8 people will "report" this post as being political. It is and I don't really care if this gets me banned, because it'll free up a lot of time for (especially as I have an expanded consulting role with my old company starting any day now to work on getting their new COVID antiviral drug to market) me and I've kind of had enough of arguing with cultists, who simply have no concept of what science is.

The # ONE job of the POTUS is to protect and defend America . He has failed miserably and deliberately at his # one job.

America deserves better.

Wow..gaslighting

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Because no one is more conservative and has served more conservative administrations in various government positions. The last thing he would want to do is take down a conservative President, adding to his credibility, no matter what you think of him.
You may be right, but I think his first priority is selling books.

Reactions: biker7766
Time for the thread to be shutdown. One side has now made it entirely political. This thread has outweighed its use. I was called the C word by two posters including the esteemed OP who called me a Dumb C basically in an acronym

How misogynist of him in a thread he claims is serious

Turn out the lights the party is over

Reactions: RocktheRac
The number of new US COVID cases has dropped off a cliff recently ...GREAT News !! From Hopkins; the 7 day average of new cases is down to about 1/3rd of what it was at its peak and is now even below the peak of the first spike in April. Today - 26.4K cases, July Peak - 77.2K, April Peak 33.5K. Looks to me like the curve has been slashed significantly and on its way to being flattened - the US public has embraced what it takes to slow the spread. Pretty clear to me that the worst of this is clearly behind us.

95K new cases reported yesterday in India.

1100+ deaths.

Still fairly small #'s relative to their population, but each metric's curve continues on it's upward march.

95K new cases reported yesterday in India.

1100+ deaths.

Still fairly small #'s relative to their population, but each metric's curve continues on it's upward march.

But Argentina appears to be a complete disaster. For a country that has a population similar to California and 8 times smaller than the US, they just reported a 7 day average of over 12K new cases today and their cases are still on a steep upwards slope.

Last edited:
The number of new US COVID cases has dropped off a cliff recently ...GREAT News !! From Hopkins; the 7 day average of new cases is down to about 1/3rd of what it was at its peak and is now even below the peak of the first spike in April. Today - 26.4K cases, July Peak - 77.2K, April Peak 33.5K. Looks to me like the curve has been slashed significantly and on its way to being flattened - the US public has embraced what it takes to slow the spread. Pretty clear to me that the worst of this is clearly behind us.
Def good news and I think as you say attributable to the country adjusting it's behaviors in order to limit the spread.

Though looking at Worldometers, with a 7dma of 37K we are still above 50% our July 25th peak of 69K

Also still need to be wary of a late fall/winter "3rd wave".

If he was writing about anything else, you wouldn't trust a word he would say, but now you do. It's laughable.

Def good news and I think as you say attributable to the country adjusting it's behaviors in order to limit the spread.

Though looking at Worldometers, with a 7dma of 37K we are still above 50% our July 25th peak of 69K

Also still need to be wary of a late fall/winter "3rd wave".

Ive butted heads with you at times but i do believe you keep it real here and have been valuable to this thread

Reactions: RU-05
But Argentina appears to be a complete disaster. For a country that has a population similar to California, they just reported a 7 day average of over 12K new cases today and their cases are still on a steep upwards slope.
Yes Argentina like India also has very steady increases in both cases and deaths. But as of right now Argentina actually has a significantly lower deaths per million at 235 then many countries. The US is just below 600 per.

Now South America as a whole has not handled this well. 5 countries in the deaths per million top 10.

No doubt curve is flattened. Hospitalizations way down also.

There's a new book by Woodward to read now...
I don't like political books, never have, even ones about historical figures, come to think of it I just don't care about biographies even if it's on sports or music figures, and I love non-fiction books.

Reactions: bac2therac
Yes Argentina like India also has very steady increases in both cases and deaths. But as of right now Argentina actually has a significantly lower deaths per million at 235 then many countries. The US is just below 600 per.

Now South America as a whole has not handled this well. 5 countries in the deaths per million top 10.

Peru an early lockdown so why have they been a disaster?

I don't like political books, never have, even ones about historical figures, come to think of it I just don't care about biographies even if it's on sports or music figures, and I love non-fiction books.
The good historical biographies can daunting due to their size(I'm a pretty slow reader) but some of the best books I've read, like Adams, and A Team of Rivals, have been in that genre.

I've wanted to find a good one on Grant but I'm likely going to need to set aside 6 months or more to knock that one out.

Time for the thread to be shutdown. One side has now made it entirely political. This thread has outweighed its use. I was called the C word by two posters including the esteemed OP who called me a Dumb C basically in an acronym

How misogynist of him in a thread he claims is serious

Turn out the lights the party is over
Of course you (And TK2) want it to be locked down because neither of you have a cogent or logical response, only the usual TDS, gaslighting, etc. As an independent who’s voted Republican far more than Democrat, I’m open to civil discourse but you guys are just sycophants for “my DT, right or wrong”, a very dangerous position to take now and throughout history.

Of course you (And TK2) want it to be locked down because neither of you have a cogent or logical response, only the usual TDS, gaslighting, etc. As an independent who’s voted Republican far more than Democrat, I’m open to civil discourse but you guys are just sycophants for “my DT, right or wrong”, a very dangerous position to take now and throughout history.

OK Chief 👌

Reactions: T2Kplus10
The good historical biographies can daunting due to their size(I'm a pretty slow reader) but some of the best books I've read, like Adams, and A Team of Rivals, have been in that genre.

I've wanted to find a good one on Grant but I'm likely going to need to set aside 6 months or more to knock that one out.
I think I read that Adams book, if it's the one you're referring to it was a very long read.

Peru an early lockdown so why have they been a disaster?

Looks like a lack of adherence to the restrictions, as well as a weak healthcare system are thought to be the major culprits.

Also get some of this:

Mayorga says these show if someone had the virus at some point: "You can have somebody who has [died of] ... something else, but since you have a COVID-19 antibody test, you will be declared as having died of COVID."

Yawn, your act is anciently old, tiresome and pathetic

Go find a safe place and cry in a fetal position, I'm sure you hoarded enough tissues.

You had a chance to run with an informative, non-political thread but you could never help yourself from early on.

I think I read that Adams book, if it's the one you're referring to it was a very long read.
Ya, I very much enjoyed it, but def long.

1776 was sort of an accompanying book that was much shorter, and I thought also a very good read.

Reactions: Ronnie_B

Politics doesn't belong in this thread. You are bringing a warmonger like Bolton into the thread and he has no business being in it. The discussion about whether Trump is to blame for anything is enitirely political. The OP thinks its fine to denigrate people he doesn't agree with by calling them dumb Cs...so productive

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Ya Bolton, or his book, certainly do not belong in this thread.

It's best to keep Trump, Murphy and all the other powers that be out as well, no matter the relevance, because we know where those discussions will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT