ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd of 46,093

And it sounded loud on TV as well

Washington punter was surprised how loud it was

"When Whitford played Aussie Rules Football back home, the crowds were nothing like what he experienced in his first major-college football game Friday night, when 46,093 watched the Huskies’ victory at Rutgers’ High Point Solutions Stadium.

“It was very loud out there. I was very surprised how loud it was,” he said"

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ng-victory-at-rutgers-had-a-familiar-feeling/

BTW - UCLA student section at the Rose Bowl tonight, easily 80% empty at the start of the game, still 50% empty midway through the first quarter, and probably about 75% full by second quarter. Never filled in 100% however.
Didn't LA have a major heat wave this weekend?

Didn't LA have a major heat wave this weekend?

I know the SF area did BUT the rest of the stadium was full. I'm talking specifically about the student section, in regards to how people complain about it here, and how it filled in during that game the other

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You aren't familiar with student attendance in other areas of the country.

You clearly aren't.

Been in about 15 other college stadiums. Never seen anything like this against #8 team (playoff team last year), opening day and only down 2 scores in 3rd quarter.

It was lame any way you slice it.

Once again, hats off to the fans/students who did stay.

People here give our students too hard a time. Saban complained about their students a few years ago. They are kids, they want to drink and get laid. It's not about the game for them...it's a night out. If they think they will have more fun at a bar they will leave.

Reactions: RU22
I know the SF area did BUT the rest of the stadium was full. I'm talking specifically about the student section, in regards to how people complain about it here, and how it filled in during that game the other
UCLA students are not in school yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT