ADVERTISEMENT

Dino Babers surrenders!

2022 - OC Gleeson is poached for a HC job job after he puts in a great up-tempo no-huddle offense.

I guess HC Schiano could give Babers a look as OC.

lol, not saying that but they have serious issues up front. They will get one guard back in a few weeks. Those freshman backs are just gonna have to learn on the job. SU can only run half their offense. They can't get a push on run plays and Devito has 2 seconds to throw ( no exaggeration). They can only run half of their offense. Despite the unfortunate injuries I still blame Dino for lack of line development.
So getting less reps in a winnable game is the answer?

Rutgers would have easily beaten those quitters. Wait till they play a real team. Second half running quarters!

So getting less reps in a winnable game is the answer?

Rutgers would have easily beaten those quitters. Wait till they play a real team. Second half running quarters!
lol you guys wouldnt come within 3 TD's of Pitt. Their defense is nasty.

Last edited:
So will Rex get more playing time? Devito is tough to watch.
Tough to watch both of them. Devito has a great arm and throws a pretty ball but he lacks intangibles right now. If he gets that, he will be one of the top ACC QB's. He would be good now if the line was at least decent and gave him a pocket to step into. Right now he is not ready to make things happen despite that.

At least we’d use our TO trying. And we’d beat Sarahcuse. Team of quitters and losers.
Yeah I guess they would be crazy enough to prolong the embarrassment. They have become accustomed to being the laughing stock of college football. lol

I would probably not call timeouts either. He is trying to protect his QB's. They are starting a 3 string guard on one side and a TE on the other side. They are going to get the QB killed. 14 sacks given up in two games and it should be more. Its disrupting the whole offense. Their top two RB's opted out too. So they are playing two freshman backs that dont know the line protections.

So if the Orange get a pass in Year 5 of Babers’ tenure due to covid, certainly you agree Schiano and staff should get a pass in year 1, correct? Especially with the mess he inherited from the last 2 dopes.

So if the Orange get a pass in Year 5 of Babers’ tenure due to covid, certainly you agree Schiano and staff should get a pass in year 1, correct? Especially with the mess he inherited from the last 2 dopes.
I agree. Greg should get a pass this year but I do expect 2 or 3 wins from him. He has coaching experience he grabbed a lot of impact transfers that should help rutgers compete this year. Btw, Im not totally letting Dino off the hook. Dino will have to be replaced if the 2021 season is underwhelming.

the thread on this is into its 11th page, on syracusefan.com

yeah, the Syracuse fans noticed
We are in their heads all the time. That Rutgers dumpster fire thread is still going on for years and we haven't played them. They are a miserable lot. And most of the miserable lot are Cuse alums living in NJ. I will say I did have fun at the Clemson game up there last year. Went with my nephews who are Clemson grads. The Cuse fans treat them a lot nicer.

Reactions: biker7766
Syracuse being a team to worry about is in the past and this is the type of program it has become.
Rutgers isn't a program that we can say is much better then the fruit are now, but the Scarlet Knights will be much better shortly while the orange quitters will only have their teams from 60-70 years ago they can point to pride at
Soon Syracuse won't even be UpState NY's team, the college football fans in area will shuffle off to Buffalo.[roll]

Cam Newton had a quote after his Super Bowl that I thought was such a true statement. A reporter accused him of being a sore loser and he snapped back by saying, "show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

It is a dangerous thing when losing becomes acceptable to any team / organization, even in the last 5 minutes of garbage time in a football game. Chris Ash is exhibit A of this, he and his staff were patting themselves on the back on their radio show after being competitive with Washington for a half in 2017. That made me wanna puke.

Since 2013, only Clemson has been relevant.

Relevancy in the Present is what is important.

That is what Rutgers is striving for.

Pitt has won National Championships in the past but wants to attain success in the present and future.

By the way the B1G has not won a National Championship since 2014. One time in the last 7 years.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Very good decision for Pitt going back to the Tony Dorsett era uniforms and colors.

I agree with you, the good old days of much Pitt success in the past.

Will be following Greg and Rutgers this season.

A good coach/staff can compensate for recruiting inadequacies.

UCF and Cincy are two examples.

Good luck this season.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: thegock
Yeah... the juggernaut offenses of Austin Peay and Syracuse sure mean the PITT defense is nasty.
Im not a Pitt fan. Im not trying to promote them as this great team but people consider them to have one of the best defensive lines in the country to go along with two NFL safeties. Duzzi has said this is the best defense he's had there.

Yeah I guess they would be crazy enough to prolong the embarrassment. They have become accustomed to being the laughing stock of college football. lol
Anything is better than rolling over and begging for mercy.

Relevancy in the Present is what is important.

That is what Rutgers is striving for.

Pitt has won National Championships in the past but wants to attain success in the present and future.

By the way the B1G has not won a National Championship since 2014. One time in the last 7 years.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I think that you are missing the point here ... speaking of "now", it is too early in 2020 to make assessments, especially with the B1G not playing yet. Last year, however, the only ACC school to make the final AP Top 25 was Clemson, while the B1G had 6 schools. The ACC had evolved into a one team league.

Pitt has looked good so far this year, will be interesting to see how they do vs better competition as the year goes on.

Didn’t FSU lose to GT who just got destroyed by a non P5 team? The acc is one team. Clemson. That’s it.
Oh so rutgers can talk about being relevant with schiano but an all time program cant get back to their elite status? You are proud of getting hammered by OSU Mich st Mich Penn st. every year? Thats a badge of honor? Thats the legacy of the team you follow now? You feel good because you are in a division with elite teams? Hilarous. I respected rutgers more when they at least came close to winning a watered down conference with their weak OOC schedule.

Oh so rutgers can talk about being relevant with schiano but an all time program cant get back to their elite status? You are proud of getting hammered by OSU Mich st Mich Penn st. every year? Thats a badge of honor? Thats the legacy of the team you follow now? You feel good because you are in a division with elite teams? Hilarous. I respected rutgers more when they at least came close to winning a watered down conference with their weak OOC schedule.

We feel good about the amount the B1G conference pays us. RU will not be bottom feeders for much longer in the B1G.

What ACC team is any good besides Clemson?

Reactions: thegock
LOL:

"Aside from that, Syracuse did not have a single play go for more than 12 yards. The only reason the Orange were also able to put a field goal on the board was because of a fumble that gave them the ball at the Pitt 14.
Take those numbers with a grain of salt. Syracuse's offense was just as awful last week against North Carolina, and while Austin Peay did surprisingly put up 20 points against Cincinnati this week, we're still talking about an FCS team. "

Reactions: biker7766
Hypothetical—If Clemson was invited by the SEC to join, would they say yes ?

Clemson wouldn't be going undefeated every year if they joined the SEC, so I don't think so.

They got it made right now. Only team that I think could step up again to challenge on a regular basis is Florida State. I guess we'll see if Norvell is the one who can do it.

We feel good about the amount the B1G conference pays us. RU will not be bottom feeders for much longer in the B1G.

What ACC team is any good besides Clemson?
Acc is winning chips though. Big Ten is not. I think Clemson Notre Dame, UNC, Miami are good teams. Only a matter of time before FSU and Miami are consistently good again (both have better skill then most big10 teams). Pitt and Louisville would be middle of the pack Big10 teams. I think they are better than Mich st Indiana Maryland Nebraska Purdue Illinois and Northwestern. Indiana and Maryland recruiting is better and they both routinely beat you . Its a gonna be a struggle just winning battles against them.

The point is Florida State is not good now. A lot of talent in Florida, but right now they stink. Two years from now who knows.
Nah they are not good right now. Never said they were. My point is that they have all the history, support and recruiting grounds to get really good really soon. They were national champions just 5 years ago.

I didn’t mention Rutgers. FSU sucks and has for a while now. So does the entire acc outside of Clemson.

And yea, I’d rather get my ass kicked all day every day then roll over and quit. Total losers.

Acc is winning chips though. Big Ten is not. I think Clemson Notre Dame, UNC, Miami are good teams. Only a matter of time before FSU and Miami are consistently good again (both have better skill then most big10 teams). Pitt and Louisville would be middle of the pack Big10 teams. I think they are better than Mich st Indiana Maryland Nebraska Purdue Illinois and Northwestern. Indiana and Maryland recruiting is better and they both routinely beat you . Its a gonna be a struggle just winning battles against them.
ND isn’t even in the acc outside sodomizing the league for one season. #BigEast2.0

Beat both Maryland and Indiana in our first year in B1G when we still had Schiano’s players. Really not too concerned about them long term. I’m an FSU fan but they are a long ways away and I don’t see Miami getting back to where they used to be. Just don’t think the institution has the desire to be that kind of program again. ND is not an ACC school. They partnered for scheduling purposes this year. They are still an Indy in the eyes of most.

I think the ACC schools do have some explosive skill talent throughout but outside of Clemson most programs lack the “nuts and bolts.” ND actually has the nuts and bolts down but THEY can’t get the freak athletes the other ACC programs pull in. If they had some they’d legit challenge Clemson. But they won’t.

ND isn’t even in the acc outside sodomizing the league for one season. #BigEast2.0
Notre Dame plays 6 ACC teams annually. They don't have contractual ties like that with any other conference. Every other sport is in the ACC except hockey. Notre Dame brings money. Isnt that what rutgers like about the big10?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT