ADVERTISEMENT

FINALS NCAA WRESTLING THREAD !! NICK & ANT GO FOR GOLD, 7PM, ESPN:

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
THE HOUR IS ALMOST UPON US ! AT 7PM, starting at 285 weight class, the NCAA Division 1 Wrestling Championships conclude with the Gold Medal Championship Round.

And Dear Old Rutgers College (University) has not 1, but 2 Finalists in NJ born and bred Nick Suriano at 133 and Anthony 'Schnaulty' Ashnault at 149. Both are NJ HS Wrestling Legends, winning 4 NJ State Titles Each ! Both are All Americans, and both looking to make Rutgers history as RU has never had a champ before, although Suriano came very close last year finishing 2nd only a few days from being in a hospital for over a week. Both are now as healthy as one could expect after a grueling season .

At 133
Nick Suriano, Rutgers vs. Daton Fix, Oklahoma State.

A repeat of the super close match at the RAC, where Suriano lost by 1, with some dubious stalling calls going against him. Nick is wrestling at a high level beating both DeSanto and Micic to avenge previous close losses. Fix is a great wrestler himself, with him and Suriano having a long history of epic matches going back many years.

At 149:
Anthony Ashnault , Rutgers vs Micah Jordan, Ohio St.
Ashnault and Jordan have met twice already this season, with Ashnault winning both, in both matches jumping out to leads and then holding off a late charging Jordan.

Both matches are most likely going to be very close, and nerve wracking to us fans, so imagine how our guys and staff are feeling right now !

The rest of the lineup for tonight's big finals:

125 POUNDS:
1ST: Spencer Lee, Iowa vs. Jack Mueller, Virginia.

141 POUNDS:
1ST: Yianni Diakomihalis, Cornell vs. Joey McKenna, Ohio State.

157 POUNDS:
1ST: Jason Nolf, Penn State vs. Tyler Berger, Nebraska.

165 POUNDS:
1ST: Vincenzo Joseph, Penn State vs. Mekhi Lewis, Virginia Tech.

174 POUNDS:
1ST: Mark Hall, Penn State vs. Zahid Valencia, Arizona State.

184 POUNDS:
1ST: Maxwell Dean, Cornell vs. Drew Foster, Northern Iowa.

197 POUNDS:
1ST: Bo Nickal, Penn State vs. Kollin Moore, Ohio State.

HEAVYWEIGHT:
1ST: Anthony Cassar, Penn State vs. Derek White, Oklahoma State.

To make things even more interesting, RU currently sits in 11th place, and would love to have it's best showing ever by breaking into the top10. And it appears for that to happen RU will need some help from rival Penn St ! lol:

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2019/03/...ionships-involves-rooting-for-penn-state.html

Off the Mat is starting on ESPN3

18:40
Technical problems on Off the Mat.
trying my patience

Last edited:
I am putting computer away and will not post during match.
I have the computer in case TV acts up.
Grand daughter is downstairs in the living room on the big screen watching Sponge bob

I made an exit to bed room and warned wife dog will not be walked for 4 hours.

Reactions: rondi and Abro1975
Hoping refs let them wrestle. No bs stalls/hands to face. This is the Finals let them wrestle
Wish that would come to fruition, However, it seems like everyone is throwing the brick even if they think there might possibly be an outside chance of hands to the face. This rule has to die, it's ruining the sport.

Last edited:
At least we don't have to worry about a basketball game going into OT this time. Once again great job BTN. Well done.[thumb2] Next year maybe you can play a rerun of Heidi and have it run long.

Reactions: R U Crazy
I just showered (Been on the couch nursing a hangover all day), ran downstairs to have a $12 Moscow mule and a bowl of popcorn (no joke), And got back up here in time for the 1st match and now the nerves are hitting!!

Last edited:
I just showered (It’s on the couch nursing a hangover all day), I am downstairs to have a $12 Moskal mule and a bowl of popcorn (no joke), And got back up here in time for the 1st match and now the nerves are hitting!!

Moscow Mule? Hope you have that chilled Pewter mug or whatever it is !

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Cassar looks real strong.
Crowd is going wild. Must be 80% of the crowd in Pittsburgh are PSU fans.
Do see a Rutgers fan in the front row.

That takedown and near fall by Cassar in the last ten seconds of the second period was so quick for a big man.

Cassar looks real strong.
Crowd is going wild. Must be 80% of the crowd in Pittsburgh are PSU fans.
Do see a Rutgers fan in the front row.

We have tickets in 2 sections just from the allotment.

Last edited:
airplane.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT