ADVERTISEMENT

Flowrestling Radio Live - Mentions Surianos Knee

CerealNTacos

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2017
FRL 278 at 48:35, Pyles mentions that Suriano's knee injury was a serious situation. He has had some really unfortunate luck with injuries the last 2 years. He wrestle like himself in the NCAA Finals, not taking anything away from Spencer, but I thought it was evident that Suriano wasn't healthy. So I wonder if he was actually really ever sick?

And then on the other hand, Spencer had his knee brace taken off for the first time and was wrestling like a machine.

FRL 278 at 48:35, Pyles mentions that Suriano's knee injury was a serious situation. He has had some really unfortunate luck with injuries the last 2 years. He wrestle like himself in the NCAA Finals, not taking anything away from Spencer, but I thought it was evident that Suriano wasn't healthy. So I wonder if he was actually really ever sick?

And then on the other hand, Spencer had his knee brace taken off for the first time and was wrestling like a machine.

I noticed at one point when Lee got a hold of Suriano's knee, noticed Nick stopped being aggressive. In any event, what an accomplishment for Nick to finish runner up in the Nationals!

Reactions: PSUPOWER

He looked fine...whooped the guys he should have whooped, beat tough guys, and then loses to Spencer which I don't think had anything to do with his knee but strategy. I think if it would have hurt him, it would be in the conditioning part of it as he had so much time off because of an infection in the knee (from what I heard)...but he looked fine in that regard.

He was in the hospital for 8 days. I doubt he was hanging out in the waiting room so I'm going to take a wild guess that he was sick.

No telling how much the layoff hurt Nick... it certainly had to. The knee? Cant say unless Nick made a statement about it and I doubt he will.

For me, I just wish the knee thing never occurred as I was truly looking forward to a Lee vs Suriano clash somewhere along the line when both were 100%

Too many discounting Suriano's month off prior to Big 10s and the effect it may have had. Have to wait for next year I suppose

Reactions: PSUPOWER
He was in the hospital for 8 days. I doubt he was hanging out in the waiting room so I'm going to take a wild guess that he was sick.
After all that time off I’m sure he wasn’t in top condition ..a bad infection in his knee also might have had him overly cautious as well ...second in the nation ....I’ll take it !

No telling how much the layoff hurt Nick... it certainly had to. The knee? Cant say unless Nick made a statement about it and I doubt he will.

For me, I just wish the knee thing never occurred as I was truly looking forward to a Lee vs Suriano clash somewhere along the line when both were 100%

Too many discounting Suriano's month off prior to Big 10s and the effect it may have had. Have to wait for next year I suppose
Nolf off 2 months he won---just saying

Nolf didn’t have an infection and wasn’t in the hospital for 8 days...just saying.

And since we seem to allow speculations on this board from other fans...maybe Nolf wasn’t seriously injured & took 2 months off & just “practiced” albeit hard & to stay fresh. Just saying.

Thanks for stopping by though.

Go RU!
Diane

Nolf off 2 months he won---just saying

And Yianni won with a torn ACL...But, Lee lost to DeSanto (while injured) last year who didn’t AA. Then Lee lost to Bresser and NaTo early this year while still recovering, mostly mentally, I imagine. So, people react differently to injuries (physically and mentally) and heal differently/on different timetables. Nolf is a great wrestler. Do you want a cookie? When I post on the PSU board I try to contribute something meaningful. Please do the same or don’t post. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT