ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Boston College

Coaching is horrid - completely lost and unprepared from the first drive
Is Schiano a first year coach?
Our defensive line looks good
Our offensive line looks a little better than last year
Gavin has a lot to prove and just doesn't look anything more than an athlete. He's look out of place as a pocket QB

Reactions: drewbagel423
I think we can all agree that only being down 8 at the half is basically a moral victory. I think we have a good shot at keeping the margin below 20 for the whole game. This is way better than Temple did against Duke. And heck we even scored a touchdown!

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
Is anyone else bored watching Rutgers football?
I'm sick of sh*t offense every game. I watch so many other games and teams of all levels move the ball and score. Only Schiano seems completely unable to do it and the excuse is always talent, even though teams that recruit no better than us actually score points. He really doesn't know what he's doing. The proof is in the score game after game no matter the opponent. Ohio State or Northwestern 6 or 13 points.

We also need to fight to become the "O-line U" in the North East. No reason why we shouldn't be. A good to great O-line will attract really good QBs and RBs every year. We need to put resources in that area.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Imagine a boxer not sparring for fight preparation and only shadow boxing.
That's why I don't like practicing mostly in helmets and shells and playing touch
I don't care how much running, lifting, drilling teams do - if they aren't practicing a lot of full contact football the players aren't really ready

I'm sick of sh*t offense every game. I watch so many other games and teams of all levels move the ball and score. Only Schiano seems completely unable to do it and the excuse is always talent, even though teams that recruit no better than us actually score points. He really doesn't know what he's doing. The proof is in the score game after game no matter the opponent. Ohio State or Northwestern 6 or 13 points.
Did you see the td? A marvel of play calling

Schiano peaked 15 years ago and honestly just isn't a smart coach.. all he has is longevity and some moderate recruiting acumen. Hopefully it doesn't take until 2027 for our fans and AD to understand this.

This is why Rutgers gets no acclaim nationally, never gets any respect, never gets their fans excited. It's because we have no vision in hiring coaches. We continue to think that a man who failed everywhere outside of 1-2 years nearly a generation ago against horrible competition is a good coach.

This is why they have Premiere league soccer. Haaland just scored an unbelievable goal for Man City. Need three tv screens with this RU football stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Imagine a boxer not sparring for fight preparation and only shadow boxing.
That's why I don't like practicing mostly in helmets and shells and playing touch
I don't care how much running, lifting, drilling teams do - if they aren't practicing a lot of full contact football the players aren't really ready
Players at this level are ready

100% Air Raid
Throw it every play
3-4-5 WR out there.
Hurry up offense the entire time
Do something.

"But but...the defense! 2min 3 and outs will tire out the defense!!"

TOP:
Rutgers 16:09
BC 13:51

How is all that TOP helping the offense today?

Schiano continues to handcuff the offense. He needs to let the OC do his freaking job!!! You promised to not micromanage but he's at it once again. He's a horrible game day coach!!! We need someone who can coach not just a great recruiter and motivator. He's being outcoached once again!!!!!
Actually you are wrong. Gleason pretty much has free rein on this current offense but go-ahead and continue to paint that old narrative to meet your agenda. It's over a decade out of date.

Schiano peaked 15 years ago and honestly just isn't a smart coach.. all he has is longevity and some moderate recruiting acumen. Hopefully it doesn't take until 2027 for our fans and AD to understand this.

This is why Rutgers gets no acclaim nationally, never gets any respect, never gets their fans excited. It's because we have no vision in hiring coaches. We continue to think that a man who failed everywhere outside of 1-2 years nearly a generation ago against horrible competition is a good coach.
None of this is true

We need to establish the run. Giving the ball to monangai 5 times in the first half doesn’t feel like the right thing to do.

Rutgers fans deserve better than someone like Schiano

Hitching everything to JL is idiotic. Take advantage of your true athletes downfield like Aron, Youngblood, or Taj Harris.

Reactions: eddynyse

This is why Rutgers gets no acclaim nationally, never gets any respect, never gets their fans excited. It's because we have no vision in hiring coaches. We continue to think that a man who failed everywhere outside of 1-2 years against horrible competition is a good coach.
Hobbs didn’t want Schiano. He was forced to hire him by Greg Brown / other big time donors and our fan base - many on this board.

100% Air Raid
Throw it every play
3-4-5 WR out there.
Hurry up offense the entire time
Do something.

"But but...the defense! 2min 3 and outs will tire out the defense!!"

TOP:
Rutgers 16:09
BC 13:51

How is all that TOP helping the offense today?
We might not have the same view on playoffs but definitely do on offense lol

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
Actually you are wrong. Gleason pretty much has free rein on this current offense but go-ahead and continue to paint that old narrative to meet your agenda. It's over a decade out of date.

Not denying it but how do you know?

Sitting in BC stadium and took a quick read of this thread. Once again the usual suspects dont disappoint with the barrage of negative nonsense. Please find another team to put your negative karma on. Overreactive losers. You know who you are.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Hobbs didn’t want Schiano. He was forced to hire him by Greg Brown / other big time donors and our fan base - many on this board.
True. And this is why the majority of our fanbase has cognitive football dissonance. They don't see reality until its absolutely obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT