ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Boston College

Max not going to get NFL looks if he can't stay upright in pass coverage. It's one thing if weather effects the field, but that was pathetic

Now what I want to see is us sticking with a Qb who is performing best so far and get a TD.

Rutgers recovers a quarterback fumble near BC goal line and then scores a touchdown on a run.I question the two point play because Rutgers lacks a passing attack.Score 14-12.
RU QB passes lack any authority. They weakly lob the ball giving the defense time to attack. Which our supposed stellar dbs don't do. Zero confidence on any plays.

Rutgers defensive backs over rated allowing three touchdown passes.Score 21-12.BC passing on most plays which is a bad sign of a possible blow out in second half.

To have a chance, need to roll the dice and bring heat almost on every play. Front 4 not getting it done. They will make plays, but gotta hope we do to.

Our defense is OK. 21 points at this point in the game is not a defense that stinks. It happens everywhere.

Reactions: RUShea
It’s coaching. They are taught to play the receivers eyes and hands and not the ball.

Receivers are too good. Rhey wait for the last second to catch it. Easy.

Rutgers recovers a quarterback fumble near BC goal line and then scores a touchdown on a run.I question the two point play because Rutgers lacks a passing attack.Score 14-12.
100% of the college coaches would have gone for 2!

Rutgers defensive backs over rated allowing three touchdown passes.Score 21-12.BC passing on most plays which is a bad sign of a possible blow out in second half.
Playing weak. Guys when playing zone stand like they have cement shoes cause a guy is running 1 yard outside of their 3 yard circle. NOT how you play zone. You pick up guys!! Damnit!!

Guys the two point try was the right call.

if they make the extra point they still need a field goal and if they missed the two point try they still need the field goal but at least could have tied the game.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
Guys the two point try was the right call.

if they make the extra point they still need a field goal and if they missed the two point try they still need the field goal but at least could have tied the game.
That call was the absolute least of my coaching concerns today.

Can the QB keep and run the ball for you once? That's the whole purpose of the offense style.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT