ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest - December 12

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
Deep into finals; just 10 games tonight.

Big Ten

Wisconsin 85 Alabama State 67 – Badgers are 4-0 at home

Other RU opponents

None

Other ranked teams

#18 Arizona 77 Tennessee State 42 – Reese had 23 for the Wildcats, who are 10-0 to open the season

Also – all the rest of today’s games

Texas A&M Corpus Christi 59 Texas Rio Grande Valley 54 – Trelyn Tyler had 19 and 10 in a losing cause
Wyoming 95 Mississippi Valley State 22 – yes, the Devilettes are D-I. Barely
Colorado 96 Denver 70 – Buffs are 9-0, 6-0 at home
Campbell 65 Bluefield College 41 – Camels move to 6-2
Fresno State 111 La Verne 56 – Cavinder had 26 for the Bulldogs
North Carolina A&T 57 North Carolina Greensboro 48 – Aggies undefeated at home
Coastal Carolina 132 Wesleyan College 32 – candidate for biggest margin of the season

B1G

Today: 2-0
Year to date: 102-26

Other RU opponents

Today: 0-0
Year to date: 49-41

There were no palindromic scores in 10 games today. There have been thirteen palindromic scores in 1,543 games so far this season. It’s been four days since the last palindromic score.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Wow. So many colossal mismatches with several non-power teams obliterating teams from schools some of us have never heard of like La Verne, Bluefield, and TRGV. Probably some schools schedule down during finals week because their players are otherwise focused.

Thanks, as always, for keeping us up to date on the national scene.

Wow. So many colossal mismatches with several non-power teams obliterating teams from schools some of us have never heard of like La Verne, Bluefield, and TRGV. Probably some schools schedule down during finals week because their players are otherwise focused.

Thanks, as always, for keeping us up to date on the national scene.
1 - I couldn't help but laugh - Rutgers' opponent last night had their only victories over Wiley and Tougalou (sp?); meanwhile, Arizona played a team whose only victory was Wilberforce. Three schools I don't know.

2 - UTRGV should not really be a never-heard-of. It has been around for 3 years and is in the WAC - it was a merger, the notable mergee was UT Pan American, which brought the DI membership.

I have an issue at some level with all the teams playing against lower divisions and even the NAIA. Arizona's schedule may be horrible, but they are all DI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT