ADVERTISEMENT

Games of interest - February 12

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
3 upsets today, probably two of which probably will drop teams out of the top 25

Big Ten

#14 Iowa 69 #22 Nebraska 61 - Hawkeyes came back from 9 down at the half

Other RU opponents

#1 South Carolina 86 LSU 62 - apparently no hangover from the UConn loss
#6 Tennessee 69 Mississippi 49 - Harrison with 21 and 14 for the Lady Vols
#17 North Carolina 71 #7 Florida State 63 - Heels came back from 7-point halftime deficit
#15 Texas A&M 59 Arkansas 55 - Razorbacks got within 1 late
Iona 67 St. Peter's 65 - Peahens maybe the worst New Jersey D-I team

Other ranked teams

#9 Louisville 81 Clemson 49 - Cards get Tar Heels next
#10 Kentucky 92 #13 Mississippi State 90 2OT - Vivians had 39 in a losing cause
#11 Duke 71 Virginia 45 - Greenwell set season record for frosh 3-pointers for the Blue Devils
Miami 85 #23 Syracuse 71 - Orange upset of Carolina looking aberrant
Florida 51 #24 Georgia 48 - 5 losses in a row for the Bulldogs

Also

Pittsburgh 53 Virginia Tech 35 - Hokies are pretty bad

Today:

Other RU opponents 3-3

Year to date:

Big Ten 115-40
Other RU opponents 110-125

There has been one palindromic scores in 51 games completed so far today. That makes 31 palindromic scores in 4,201 games this year. This is the second day in a row with a palindromic score.

The Kentucky-Miss State result actually makes the pollsters look intelligent.

How is Georgia still ranked??

I watched the entire Iowa-Nebraska game. I love the BTN! We aren't the only ones with a propensity for long scoring droughts, as high-scoring Iowa went through one that lasted around five minutes. First half: Iowa's offense had no flow, they couldn't hit shots, and their center was in foul trouble. Nebraska had flow, easy buckets. We already know they have a good defense.

Second half: Nebraska turned the ball over, simple as that. They also missed more than their share of chippies, while Iowa found a mid-range and three point shooting touch.

Iowa is a seasoned team that will probably hold onto the number two seed (it's a shame that we play Maryland twice.....UConn was bad enough.) Nebraska worries me because they will be tough when Theriot returns.

We will need to take care of our own business and win out, and hope someone takes care of the Ohio State so we can nail down that third seed.

I love BTN too. Its really cool being in contention in a top conference like the Big Ten. Before it felt to me like we were a piece of a loosely tied together group, now we are in 3rd in a power conference with their own TV show. I find myself watching BTN Womens gymnastics, mens golf, whatever is on.

Originally posted by RUgrad:
I love BTN too. Its really cool being in contention in a top conference like the Big Ten. Before it felt to me like we were a piece of a loosely tied together group, now we are in 3rd in a power conference with their own TV show. I find myself watching BTN Womens gymnastics, mens golf, whatever is on.
BTN2 Go has been great especially for me since I have sepnt most of the Winter in Florida. I particulary like the advantage of watching the games in replay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT