Maryland Eastern Shore 78 Savannah State 46 – Lady Hawks not far behind at 9-1
Niagara 81 St. Peter’s 57 – Peahens have lost 8 of last 9

Today:

B1G: 0-0
Other RU opponents: 1-0

Year to date:

B1G: 109-37
RU opponents: 121-87

There were no palindromic scores in 15 games today. There have been 31 palindromic scores in 3,663 games so far this year. It’s been two days since the last palindromic score, but at least the number of games is palindromic today.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I have been watching the RU opponents somewhat closely this year. After a bit of a stretch during which RU opponents were losing more than winning, they seem to be winning again. BeKnighted, do you know what the range is for the final RU opponents winning percentage the last five years?

I recall CVS stating a few years ago that she purposefully scheduled a less difficult OOC schedule because the typically difficult schedule the prior year led to a lot of losses for a young team and a confidence hit--I paraphrased. This season´s SOS is in the 30s. I wonder if there is historical correlation between opponents winning percentage and RU´s SOS. Would guess not much as they are separate factors in ranking systems.

I have been watching the RU opponents somewhat closely this year. After a bit of a stretch during which RU opponents were losing more than winning, they seem to be winning again. BeKnighted, do you know what the range is for the final RU opponents winning percentage the last five years?

I recall CVS stating a few years ago that she purposefully scheduled a less difficult OOC schedule because the typically difficult schedule the prior year led to a lot of losses for a young team and a confidence hit--I paraphrased. This season´s SOS is in the 30s. I wonder if there is historical correlation between opponents winning percentage and RU´s SOS. Would guess not much as they are separate factors in ranking systems.

I don't know the numbers from previous years. It's findable, but would take a fair amount of work.

SOS is composed of two factors - 2/3 opponents' records and 1/3 opponents' opponents' records, so opponents' records are the dominant factor (and, in fact, more dominant than it might appear, as the opponents' opponents' records component has a much smaller range from top to bottom than opponents' records). An SOS rank in the 30s is pretty good, but not as high as some years when RU has had an SOS rank in the top 10.

BAYLOL Texas...what a tough game for me...I just barely want the Baptists to win this one over the nutlets bovines...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT