ADVERTISEMENT

I see NO Reason why we can't win 10 Games

Al the eternal optimist, I am with you Al all the way to the Rose Bowl reserving my tickets now.

Reactions: rutgersal
  • Kyle Bolin is our QB, almost beat Clemson in 2015, and threw for 361 yards vs Syracuse
  • Jerry Kill is our OC
  • Mostly Veteran OL with only Center as a new Starter, led by an All American Candidate Left Tackle
  • 3 NFL Caliber Running Backs with sleeper freshman
  • Best WR in corp in the Big 10 led by All American candidate Janarion Grant and Freshman All American candidate Bo Melton, with solid WR Damon Mitchell, and soon to be supplemented by future super star Ahmir Mitchell.
  • Four Possible First Round Picks (Turay, Cole, Grant, Austin)
  • Veteran DL with much improved depth, especially at the Tackle Positions, led by an All American Candidate Defensive End (Kemoko Turay)
  • Veteran, productive LBers with much needed boost from incoming freshmen
  • Best secondary in the Big 10
In looking over the talent on our roster, this is probably as good as it gets, talent wise, for Rutgers. A mostly veteran team, with a plug and play quarterback, who should be good for 300+ yards a game. Have to make it happen. Only Washington and OSU look unwinnable. Everyone else should be fair game.

Aside from the fact we have 5 virtually unwinnable games.......besides that, I don't see why we couldn't win 10 this year.

I think Al dusted off one of his Shea Error predictions and simply changed the names. Somehow, though, he forgot to use any bold fonts and neglected to mention "shocking power."

Reactions: Armor and Sword
Even if Al is right, the recurring NJ.com headline:
RUTGERS CONTINUES TO CRUISE IN WEAKEST P5 DIVISION

If we beat Washington:
CHRIS PETERSEN ON HOT SEAT- WAS 2016 SMOKE AND MIRRORS FOR THE HUSKIES?

Reactions: Dpgru
Aside from the fact we have 5 virtually unwinnable games.......besides that, I don't see why we couldn't win 10 this year.

You're using last year to project this year, and you can't do that because this years team is vastly superior, thx to the influx of talent due to the return of Jamarion grant, our recruiting class, and transfers.
Not outside the realm of possibility that were a 5 win team last year if janarion grant stays healthy. Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa were all winnable. His loss killed our offense last year, and we were shutout four games.

Also, the addition of Jerry Kill alone is good for a few more wins. Didn't get a lot of production from the qb position last year and that won't be the case this year. Our QBs play made Louisville competitive with Clemson in 2015. Had we played Clemson the last two years, we get smoked by 80. His presence makes most games winnable. Furthermore, you've got the improvement of returnees like Kamaal Seymour, who struggled last year, but is going to be much improved this year. And if he struggles, we've got able replacements in Nick Krimin or Applefield.

No reason why we shouldn't win 10 games, not one single one? Think a little deeper for a minute.

Nice to talk football and I love the enthusiasm, but the reality is OSU, PSU and Mich will have trouble winning 10 games this year. I believe we will be much improved at qb with Bolin, healthy and experienced Gio and Kill. Loviano was decent in 2105, the coaching made everyone worse last year. Great rb's, I hope they do what I have been advocating for a while and always have three WR wide and then run a lot. OL we have to hope Jackson has earned C and not there by default, and Seymour while a physical specimen needs to learn the position, but at least Heeman is pretty good if he doesn't get it. WR's are a question mark and I would be happy if they prove to be middle of the pack. DL decent but we have heard about Turay for a while now, Lumor supposedly has a good first step and looked to have some nice biceps in a recent picture so it wouldn't surprise me if he is starting by the end of the year. DB's are good, LB's wlll be better but the new guys need bulk and may not help this year. 6 and a bowl should be the goal.

Not to back Al here but with a little LUCK and MOMENTUM I could see this team winning 5 games. This would lay the ground work for a successful 7 or 8 win season in 2018. If my projections are accurate and we do win 8 games in 2018 coach Ash should be able to lock in a solid recruiting class.

Yes, and the fact that we only added a QB, a couple of transfers WR /TE , and a new OC won't raise our Win total from 2 to 10.

I think we all agree 6 wins would be the upside and most rational posters know this.

OP LOVES the attention...and it worked! DelusionAL threads are good for at least two pages...due mostly to the hilariously unrealistic "predictions"

Clemson/Alabama of the North...am I right??[roll]

Remember, RU is not the only team on the field. No doubt Al's post becomes bulletin board material for foes of the Scarlet Knights.

Yeah, I heard Michigan would've only beat you guys by 50 or 60 if it wasn't for Al's preseason predictions last year. The bulletin board material you provided give them the extra motivation to drop 78 on you.

What Al's posts actually do, however, is bring fans from other boards to read them because they're so crazy. This is literally the first time a van you're board since the last time I heard he did this

10 wins is an obviously long reach, but the potential positives Al raises are not that far fetched.

It's solid reasoning as to how we could be a surprise team this year.

last year only 10 teams finished the regular season with 10 or more wins, so basically Al thinks we are a top 10 team??? I'm not even sure we can be a top 10 team in the B1G

Reactions: brgRC90
  • Kyle Bolin is our QB, almost beat Clemson in 2015, and threw for 361 yards vs Syracuse
  • Jerry Kill is our OC
  • Mostly Veteran OL with only Center as a new Starter, led by an All American Candidate Left Tackle
  • 3 NFL Caliber Running Backs with sleeper freshman
  • Best WR in corp in the Big 10 led by All American candidate Janarion Grant and Freshman All American candidate Bo Melton, with solid WR Damon Mitchell, and soon to be supplemented by future super star Ahmir Mitchell.
  • Four Possible First Round Picks (Turay, Cole, Grant, Austin)
  • Veteran DL with much improved depth, especially at the Tackle Positions, led by an All American Candidate Defensive End (Kemoko Turay)
  • Veteran, productive LBers with much needed boost from incoming freshmen
  • Best secondary in the Big 10
In looking over the talent on our roster, this is probably as good as it gets, talent wise, for Rutgers. A mostly veteran team, with a plug and play quarterback, who should be good for 300+ yards a game. Have to make it happen. Only Washington and OSU look unwinnable. Everyone else should be fair game.

I note you didn't say "in 2017".. Perhaps you mean over the next few years combined?

This nonsense is kind of like throwing out the first pitch of opening day, or playing the national anthem before a game.

Reason we won't win 10? We're not playing 30.

Our QBs play made Louisville competitive with Clemson in 2015. .
What did he do to make the game competitive? Was it his 0 tds? His 2 interceptions? His 21.2 QB rating? His -37 yards rushing in the game? What made them compatible that game was their defense and special teams play.

Remember, RU is not the only team on the field. No doubt Al's post becomes bulletin board material for foes of the Scarlet Knights.
Al's bulletin board material is what he posts on other sites.
What he posts here is tame by comparison.
As for me I'm pissed at his prediction :boxing:, so far RU is undefeated in 2017 and I want it to stay that way. But Al already pinned RU with at least 2 loses :chairshot:and I guess he doesn't feel RU will be in the playoffs. :cry: I wonder if he thinks RU will even make the B1G Championship game even though the Scarlet Knights don't have any conference losses right now. :cool2:

What did he do to make the game competitive? Was it his 0 tds? His 2 interceptions? His 21.2 QB rating? His -37 yards rushing in the game? What made them compatible that game was their defense and special teams play.
You just try to look for the bad when you talk Rutgers but refuse to acknowledge Bolin might be a good pick-up for RU started five games in 2015 passing for 1,154 yards and seven TDs. As a backup in 2016, Bolin played in six games and completed 18 of 27 passes for 234 yards and two TDs.
Bolin completed 141 of 242 passes for 2,104 yards and 13 TDs in the three years ( 4 if count red-shirt year) he played for Louisville.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/kyle-bolin-player-stats

yes I know nut is a Nit, but dislike when a fan of any other school just comes on this board to post $#!t when their school isn't involved in the discussion.

Reactions: Knight Shift

What did he do? He engineered 3 scoring drives that ended in a Field Goal,
a touchdown and a missed FG that would have tied the game.

He was under pressure the entire game. And the last INT was a game ending Hail Mary pass with him under pressure again.

Sometimes the QB rating rating or 0 TDs don't tell the whole story.

But I do agree, that the game was more about defense for both teams, and a return for a TD by Louisville.
  • 2nd and 10 at LOU 30
    (2:19 - 2nd) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Jaylen Smith for 55 yds to the Clem 15 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 15
    (1:56 - 2nd) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Micky Crum for 2 yds to the Clem 13

• 2nd and 8 at CLEM 13
    (1:48 - 2nd) Brandon Radcliff run for 4 yds to the Clem 9

• 3rd and 4 at CLEM 9
    (1:33 - 2nd) Kyle Bolin pass incomplete to Brandon Radcliff

• 4th and 4 at CLEM 9
    (1:29 - 2nd) John Wallace 26 yd FG GOOD
    -----
    • 1st and 10 at LOU 42
      (14:19 - 3rd) Kyle Bolin pass incomplete, broken up by Ben Boulware

• 2nd and 10 at LOU 42
      (14:10 - 3rd) Kyle Bolin pass complete to L.J. Scott for 17 yds to the Clem 41 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 41
      (13:40 - 3rd) Brandon Radcliff run for 7 yds to the Clem 34

• (13:10 - 3rd) Timeout LOUISVILLE, clock 13:10

• 2nd and 3 at CLEM 34
      (13:04 - 3rd) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Micky Crum for 8 yds to the Clem 26 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 26
      (12:36 - 3rd) Bolin, Kyle pass incomplete to Crum, Micky, PENALTY CLEMSON personal foul (Lawson, Shaq) 13 yards to the CLEMSON13, NO PLAY, 1ST DOWN LOUISVILLE.

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 13
      (12:31 - 3rd) Brandon Radcliff run for 4 yds to the Clem 9

• 2nd and 6 at CLEM 9
      (11:54 - 3rd) Brandon Radcliff run for 6 yds to the Clem 3 for a 1ST down

• 1st and Goal at CLEM 3
      (11:31 - 3rd) Brandon Radcliff run for 2 yds to the Clem 1

• 2nd and Goal at CLEM 1
      (11:09 - 3rd) Brandon Radcliff run for no gain to the Clem 1

• 3rd and Goal at CLEM 1
      (10:35 - 3rd) Jeremy Smith run for 1 yd for a TD, (John Wallace KICK)
    -----

• 1st and 10 at LOU 14
    (6:25 - 4th) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Traveon Samuel for 15 yds to the Lvile 29 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at LOU 29
    (5:50 - 4th) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Traveon Samuel for 5 yds to the Lvile 34

• 2nd and 5 at LOU 34
    (5:18 - 4th) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Devonte Peete for 4 yds to the Lvile 38

• 3rd and 1 at LOU 38
    (4:45 - 4th) Lamar Jackson pass complete to L.J. Scott for 15 yds to the Clem 47 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 47
    (4:16 - 4th) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Traveon Samuel for 14 yds to the Clem 33 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 33
    (4:10 - 4th) Bolin, Kyle pass pass intended for Crum, Micky intercepted by Kearse, Jayron at the CLEMSON7, Kearse, Jayron return 4 yards to the CLEMSON11, PENALTY CLEMSON holding (Harvey-Clemons, Josh) 10 yards to the CLEMSON23, NO PLAY, 1ST DOWN LOUISVILLE, QB hurry by TEAM, QB hit by TEAM.

• 1st and 10 at CLEM 23
    (3:30 - 4th) Kyle Bolin sacked by Carlos Watkins for a loss of 4 yards to the Clem 27

• 2nd and 14 at CLEM 27
    (3:13 - 4th) Kyle Bolin pass incomplete to Devonte Peete

• 3rd and 14 at CLEM 27
    (3:05 - 4th) Kyle Bolin pass complete to Brandon Radcliff for 6 yds to the Clem 21

• 4th and 8 at CLEM 21
    (2:28 - 4th) John Wallace 38 yd FG MISSED

Not a good game for him completed 19 of 34 passes for 238 yards and those 2 ints.
But despite being under pressure the whole game and sacked 5 times , Kyle (the good) did manage the game well enough to keep it close losing 17-20.

You just try to look for the bad when you talk Rutgers but refuse to acknowledge Bolin might be a good pick-up for RU started five games in 2015 passing for 1,154 yards and seven TDs. As a backup in 2016, Bolin played in six games and completed 18 of 27 passes for 234 yards and two TDs.
Bolin completed 141 of 242 passes for 2,104 yards and 13 TDs in the three years ( 4 if count red-shirt year) he played for Louisville.

yes I know nut is a Nit, but dislike when a fan of any other school just comes on this board to post $#!t when their school isn't involved in the discussion.
And one of our own comes in to validate his BS post.

And one of our own comes in to validate his BS post.
Sad to see, but even with the knight in name I took poster for a nit.
You know some RU FB fans are known to look like this ( even in good times) heading into the games
719971.gif

So I'll not get upset if that ( think he/she probably is) RU fan thinks what nut posted is funny and laughs at a RU player being put down by a nit fan.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Why is everybody pissing in Al's Cornflakes? Amidst all those wallowing in negativity (like me), Al is actually a refreshing change of pace. It kinda sucked to have the Al who was 'realistic'.

You completely missed my point. I didn't say he wasn't an upgrade. I am just saying that calling him the reason why Louisville was competitive with Clemson is ridiculous when he had a terrible game that day.

You completely missed my point. I didn't say he wasn't an upgrade. I am just saying that calling him the reason why Louisville was competitive with Clemson is ridiculous when he had a terrible game that day.

come on, man! look at what Clemson did to ohio state last year! a defensive line like that can make any team look bad. Bolin's play is one of the chief reasons that louisville was in the game in the last few minutes. Did you not see his 55 yard strike which setup a TD? This is the kind of impact i can see him having at rutgers. Had rutgers played clemson two years ago, we would have been smoked big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT