ADVERTISEMENT

If you can’t see the difference..,

Tony Lieske Battled me about Elmer Fliod, for four years, and was wrong the entire time. Now, go figure, he refuses to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

...either you’re an idiot OR you just hate this staff. We got out-talented today, period, Which completely makes sense because, bottom line, they have a helluva lot more talent than we do.
In what century do you expect Rutgers to have better talent than Michigan? They have better players, better coaches, better support, better everything. Our bar is set so low that many of us are thrilled that we only lost by 3 touchdowns! I want to win!!

Reactions: RUchip
Just need a few more players and some depth and we are totally in this game.
Put a real div 1 qb and recruit a few Biggie's..staff needs to identify and hold on to the future players ....until then Ash and Co r treading water in these games trying not to drown.. don't understand the constant devaluation of the team by our so called fans in light of the cyclical and dynamic nature of college football.

...either you’re an idiot OR you just hate this staff. We got out-talented today, period, Which completely makes sense because, bottom line, they have a helluva lot more talent than we do.
In what century do you expect Rutgers to have better talent than Michigan? They have better players, better coaches, better support, better everything. Our bar is set so low that many of us are thrilled that we only lost by 3 touchdowns! I want to win!!

So do I. I was sick when Gio missed Grant on what would have been 6. Sick when Grant got tripped up on that kick return where he likely would have broke that pre-injury. Sick when Hester dropped that INT.

But, big picture, we hit rock bottom in 2016 and are heading back upward.

You guys are acting like this is the same UMich team as last year. This UMich lost to MSU, barely beat Indiana (OT), and got curb stomped by PSU.
---
todays game was a combination platter of results

1) this Michigan team was not as good as last years, so it would figure RU would not have 70
dropped on them

2) Rutgers was a better team this year than last, had a bit of a pulse on offense, and better on
defense...yes, we improved

3) it was pretty obvious that despite number two, RU was not going to win this game....Mich constantly could run for eight, nine yards, and the frosh qb was both an improvement and and inspiration
to the Michigan team

Totally different team with goo, u can see it on o. that said, the play-calling is still horrible. We played very well but there are still issues with the coaching and play calling. Yes they have more Talent but it's not that big of a difference where we should be getting our asses handed to us like four scores

Totally different team with goo, u can see it on o. that said, the play-calling is still horrible. We played very well but there are still issues with the coaching and play calling. Yes they have more Talent but it's not that big of a difference where we should be getting our asses handed to us like four scores

It IS “that Big of a difference.” Do I have to prove you wrong again just like I did when you made this comment about Nebraska? It’s not even close! Their last five classes probably average in the top 15 while ours average something like 47!

Come on brother see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if just a little bit, and be somewhat happy that this is starting to go in the right direction!

Reactions: RUfubar
The defense looks good. Kids are in position. Not overrunning plays or trying to play hero ball. The big plays we mostly got out sized/strengthed/speeded.

There are improvements no doubt. But still one or two decades removed from a Rose Bowl.

Let us know where Microsoft and Amazon are in one or two decades so everyone on this board can retire wealthy.

Would have more respect for your opinion if you said we could never catchup with the Blue bloods of football.

Never. NJ doesn't have the stomach to what it takes to be a perennial top 5 program and that's ok. Does Iowa have their talent? Illinois? northwestern? All have been to Rose Bowls. Sometimes you just get lucky and land the right kids at the right time

Math not a strong point with you?

Reactions: koleszar
Immoral cesspool? Do you really believe in what you write?

State Penn is an immoral cesspool

State Penn is an immoral cesspool

State Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspoolState Penn is an immoral cesspool

Offensive line. Defensive line. Offensive line. Defensive line.
Until we get some bodies up there it doesn't matter. I don't think our skill position players are far behind. We're just getting killed up front.

How did Kill and Ash not find a way to get Lewis in this game? Aren't we glad they burned his redshirt? I don't hate this staff i just don't trust that they always know what they are doing with personnel...Grant looked good running on the TD run yet we run zero plays to get him the ball in space on the flat or a quick slant with a rub Route?
Lewis is injured. That’s why he didn’t play.

Tony Lieske Battled me about Elmer Fliod, for four years, and was wrong the entire time. Now, go figure, he refuses to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

You guys are acting like this is the same UMich team as last year. This UMich lost to MSU, barely beat Indiana (OT), and got curb stomped by PSU.

And two years earlier lost to US. Of course you're right, but who cares?

My only worry is that their young guys will get better faster than our young guys and this year will be just a fluke. But right now, it's a step toward narrowing the gap, and it matters not from which end the gap narrows.

Reactions: Loyal-Son

Amen!

Just the speed difference alone at the D end vs our tackles, Gio had little if any time.

Out OTs were useless today. I hope they at least yelled "Lookout Bart!" as the DE ran past them.

You play who shows up on the field. No one excuses the the Div III -Lehigh level - football teams Rutgers fielded in the late half of the 90s. No excuse to UM either. Win is a win. Good showing is a good showing.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Naysayers : Never have so few been so wrong about so much...

That’s what people said in 2004 then 2 years later we were a PLAYA from the Rose Bowl.
This is why I love this board, it so over the top that you can't take it seriously, real escapism. We lose be 21 points to a mediocre Michigan team who had to replace their starting QB because he was ineffective and yet we have posters on this board predicting that we will be playing in the Rose Bowl in 2 years. It is just so New Jersey, love it!

That’s what people said in 2004 then 2 years later we were a PLAYA from the Rose Bowl.
This is why I love this board, it so over the top that you can't take it seriously, real escapism. We lose be 21 points to a mediocre Michigan team who had to replace their starting QB because he was ineffective and yet we have posters on this board predicting that we will be playing in the Rose Bowl in 2 years. It is just so New Jersey, love it!

I’m not saying we will be in the Rose Bowl in 2 years, that’s overly optimistic. But that jackwad who said it will be several decades is also way off base.

That is true however RU is a different team altogether.
The improvement is like night and day. We recruit players that will stay in the program and put their faith in Ash and this team will continue to win more games. 6 Wins and a Bowl Game are most definitely in our future next season.

I have to admit that I thought this year would be even worse than last year. I think we're seeing definite improvements. If a handful of plays were made today, it was a completely different game. Success was not even conceivable in most games last year.

I thought the coaches did a great job putting the players in a spot to go toe to toe with Michigan. Too many plays missed on offense and defense. Next year or the year after those plays will be made more than not.

yes, there's clear signs of progress
yes, there's no quit
yes, there's building...

but, it's still frustrating...

context, context, context

I don't see it getting better anytime soon. They are going to keep getting 4 and 5 star recruits. We're currently recruiting kids with FCS offer lists.

Um, just three years ago.

Um, just three years ago.

We had our shot and screwed it up royally. First year in the B1G. We had as much talent on our roster as Penn State, Michigan and Notre Dame. Ohio State was still better but we were equal to those teams.

I don't see it getting better anytime soon. They are going to keep getting 4 and 5 star recruits. We're currently recruiting kids with FCS offer lists.

It depends on how one define better and soon...

Soon we will be bowl eligible again, like possibly next year. Major bowl? Not soon enough. But, hopefully, in my lifetime.

As Gary S. said, "We are getting better. Our better just has to get better than their better>

We had our shot and screwed it up royally. First year in the B1G. We had as much talent on our roster as Penn State, Michigan and Notre Dame. Ohio State was still better but we were equal to those teams.

Those 5 Interceptions against Penn State did us in in the 2014 game in Piscataway.
We should have won that game comfortably.

Rutgers has been on an improvement program since 1869.

Let's see what has happened since then:
Panama Canal
Communism
Birth Control Pill
Space Program
Two World Wars
Industrial revolution
Internet
Kardashian Empire
Robots
Redsox winning the World Series
Cubs winning the World Series

But no Rutgers championship in football. Even the greatest geniuses have failed in this effort.

Biggest difference this year is that even in the OSU game this year the players never stopped playing. That couldn’t be said last year in any of our blowouts. It shows that the players believe there is a difference and that they see improvement. This in my opinion is the biggest thing to take away so far. If the players don’t buy in, no amount of infusion of talent will make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT